Wright going pro | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wright going pro

Ferretsquig

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
North Carolina freshman Brandan Wright will be announcing his intentions to enter the NBA draft on Monday.

Wright had been going back and forth on whether to declare or not for the past few weeks, but finally decided to put his name in the draft after meeting with Roy Williams this weekend and being urged by the North Carolina head coach himself to not pass up the opportunity of being a top 5 pick.

Wright’s next move will be to hire an agent.

Not unexpected but unfortunate nonetheless. If he stays in school the NBA scouts will realize how far he is away from contributing on the next level and his stock will fall. Might as well take the millions and get some idiot GM (Ainge?) to draft you.

I was hoping he'd stay but I can see why he went pro. I wish him the best.

Thank God he's leaving, I feared him more then Hansbrough. Honestly Nappy Roots, Wright might not be ready this second but in a few years, he's going to be an All-Star IMO. He's got more skills then you think. Right now he's raw but a lot of kids who are entering the draft are raw. It's up to the teams to build them into what they can be and I think Wright can be built into a perrenial All-Star!

Wright was arguably the best player on the team and may become a great NBA player. But he weighs less than most NBA guards and has no perimeter game, so whats he supposed to do in the NBA? College teams were already figuring out if you kept him out of the range of his hook shot he had no real offensive game to go to. You think NBA PFs are going to have a real problem muscling a 200 lb player more than 5 ft from the basket?

I get why hes going pro, and its a great move on his part. But why NBA teams are so willing to pick a player who is at best 2 years away from contributing is beyond me. Take Miami's Wright. Great potential and probably one of the better 20 yr old guards in the country. But the odds are he'll never realize his potential with the team that drafted him, either because they won't be able to afford him after a breakout year or because he takes too long to develop and the coach gives up on him. Either way its a wasted pick.

Yeah he will go top 5. I don't think he would have hurt his stock if he came back cause North Carolina is gunna win alot of games!

hes not ready. stupid decision.

no he's not ready, but he's the clear cut number 3 prospect in the draft (whether he goes number 3 will be determined by the lotto). Had he not been in the same class as Oden and Durant, he'd be te number 1 player (except next year with all of the good guards plus Beasley,Love, and Singler being eligible)

i agree with those that said he COULD be a great player, and is a great prospect. but how many times do you see these kids enter the draft to early and pay. for it. i just think he needs one more year probably. i mean, he averaged just 14.7 points and 6 rebounds a game, and definitely could stand to add some more weight.

Back
Top Bottom