Wtf happend to south florida football???? Are we cursed??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wtf happend to south florida football???? Are we cursed???

JTech194

Starter
Reaction score
Miami used to be a proud Football town, our teams were always relevant and respectable for the past 10-12 years we've been an embarrasment! From UM to the Dolphins, we as fans used to be able to brag and S**T talk with the best of them, but not anymore, we (at least I) can't brag about CRAP related to football anymore.

I say this jokingly but is this dolphins franchise somehow cursed? We've blown this thing up what, 3 times in the past 10-12 years and no matter who we bring in here we seem to have all the same issues. Offense can't score enough points, Defense can't come up with a critical stop to win a game on a consistant basis, and a overall lack of talent. It also seems that free agents that we sign that were good before they came here, seem to get worst the longer they are here. Marshal, Dansby, Barnett (help me out with this list I'm sure there are more). Is it the city having too many tempations for the players\coaches that over time they lose focus? I mean IDK I can't put my finger on it. And what ever happend to player development? Name me one player that has gotten appreciably (sp) better over the course of their time here? Even our one great pick Jake Long has seemed to take a step back. Daniel Thomas looks to be the real deal but I'm not sure how long that will even last!

IDk anyone have any answers, will blowing this thing up and starting from scratch really change anything? Seems like we've been down that road several times. Hell I'm watching Chan Gailey beat the Pats, wasn't he here and we ran him out of town because he sucked? Very Frustrated at this point!!

Switched places with Detroit... I blame everyone this game is not even fun to watch anymore. Thank God for fantasy football or i would have nothing to do on Sundays anymore.

Cursed? More like bad business. What other major business would trust morons to run it? Bill Gates doesn't hire idiots to help him run microsoft. This franchise will continue to get the same results as long as they keep hiring people like sparano and ireland to run it. It's as simple as that.

Shula sold the organization's soul to the Devil for the only perfect season in NFL history.

Cursed? More like bad business. What other major business would trust morons to run it? Bill Gates doesn't hire idiots to help him run microsoft. This franchise will continue to get the same results as long as they keep hiring people like sparano and ireland to run it. It's as simple as that.

Bad Business? IDK about that, these guy's were brought in by Parcells who in most people's minds at the time was a great football mind (hindsight is 20/20 I think we all know better now) so I think Huizinga's intentions were in the right place, hire a respected football guy with a proven track record and let him make the decisions. But that didnt' work. He brought in the hottest name our a couple of years ago in Nick Saban and that didnt't work. Cam Cameron was a great OC, hired him and that was a disaster. IDK I don't have answers but at what point do we stop with the regime carosel and go for stability and consistency. We need to be consistantly bad in order to be consistently good. Going 8-8 7-9 and getting these middle round draft pics aren't the formula for success. The chances of us getting a Top QB drafting in the middle of the 1st round is slim, if there is one there, he'll be a gamble. And that's what he really need to cover up the rest of our defencies.

Back
Top Bottom