WTF is wrong with people ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF is wrong with people ?

Guess I'm cut from a different cloth. I can still go to a game and win or lose I can have a good time talking to the opposing team's fans. I'm not here making a living, I'm out to enjoy myself. Some people can separate the two.
Some fans take it more seriously than players, weird

Absolutely no reason to attack someone or beat them down over a game. To me, it seems like a lot of what is acceptable in social interactions has really changed since Covid and the lockdowns. People seem far more selfish, rude and cold to others. Seems like violence is on the rise since.

To fans who feel angry and a need for cathartic release during a game, let me help you out:

You can enjoy the highs without despairing over the lows. There's no reason to ever get to the point where you want to punch anything - let alone an animal or person.

Never call yourself a man if you can't keep your composure - paraphrasing Larry June.

I've only ever had positive experiences with opposing fans. We'd jaw back and forth throughout the game, but at the end shake hands and act civilized. Some of these Neanderthals need to euthanized.
This used to happen at every Jets vs dolphins game until both teams became irrelevant.

I've never personally witnessed violence at a game and I was a season ticket holder for 5 years plus the handful games I went to without having season tickets. Guess I was just lucky, only take a few bad apples I suppose.

First and foremost, no excuse for this whatsoever unless you are defending yourself or your family. This has happened more and more the last 20 years since it became a thing for rival AFC East fans to come down here to watch their team. I've been to a bunch of Bills games in Miami over that time period. By far, they are the most obnoxious, drunk, belligerent, ****y fans out there. Even when they suck. Going all the way back to 2002, I was at the game where the Dolphins were way better and riding high with Ricky, but Fiedler and our starting WRs got hurt the week before in a physical game at Denver (Mare won with a 55 yarder). Ray Lucas **** the bed. There was 20 Bills fans in the row directly in front of me. They were drunk coming in and got more drunk as the game went on. Talking trash and starting fights. One a-hole started a fight with an old man because the old man was defending his son. I was with my son, wife, mom, and dad. I went down to talk to one of the Bills fan I thought looked rational. I told him you may want to get your friends to chill, they may kicked of the game. He looked at me and said "what are you going to do about it, bi&tch? I saw red and while I wanted to smash his face, I looked back at my unsuspecting family and walked away. I can't imagine with the Bills being good what these fans are like. As our Dolphins get good, our fans aren't going to put up with it. They drink a little too much too. Right or wrong. I guess they need to beef up security.

To fans who feel angry and a need for cathartic release during a game, let me help you out:

You can enjoy the highs without despairing over the lows. There's no reason to ever get to the point where you want to punch anything - let alone an animal or person.

Never call yourself a man if you can't keep your composure - paraphrasing Larry June.
I'll add one thing: "punch yourself in the face for being an asshole".

Yep, country needs to be tougher on crime. Violent crime continues to go up yet we don't put offenders in jail. Who wants to live in society where people are afraid to go for jog or stop for gas. Most important thing for me on midterms. Candidates who are tough on crime.
While I agree with you about crime in general, I can not agree with you about the jail part. The US has more people in prison than any other country in the world and yet we still have a massive crime problem. So i think its fair to say that approach is not working and we need a new approach. This country has a huge problem with changing its strategy when something does not work. We tend to double down on a bad approach and it never works. See 'war on drugs' as a great example.

There are morons everywhere and when they get drunk their stupidity really shows. It is a bad look for any team anytime this happens. This is a children's game, unfortunately some of us never grow up.

Sadly agree. I am a guy (Gen X) & try to act my age. I avoid those who act or think like they are still in Jr High

Absolutely no reason to attack someone or beat them down over a game. To me, it seems like a lot of what is acceptable in social interactions has really changed since Covid and the lockdowns. People seem far more selfish, rude and cold to others. Seems like violence is on the rise since.
People's behavior is more a product of our political landscape and less about the Covid lockdowns.

This used to happen at every Jets vs dolphins game until both teams became irrelevant.
Back in the day's when it was Joe Robbie Stadium if you sat in the cheap seat's at a Home game when we were playing the Jet's it was knowed to get right interesting sometimes. I personally refuse to throw hands over a game now with that said I refuse to give a Grown Man a pass for his Drunk Mouth. Women and children can be ignored not a foolish man.Back when my son was young and played baseball I observed several time's when people would want to attack the umpire because they did not like the call's he was making.These reason's are why I love the fact I live in Florida and keep my concealed carry permit up to date.I believe in the right to protect myself

Last edited:
While I agree with you about crime in general, I can not agree with you about the jail part. The US has more people in prison than any other country in the world and yet we still have a massive crime problem. So i think its fair to say that approach is not working and we need a new approach. This country has a huge problem with changing its strategy when something does not work. We tend to double down on a bad approach and it never works. See 'war on drugs' as a great example.
Yes, other approaches are certainly needed but I was talking specifically about violent crimes. Need to keep these people off streets. Increased police presence where needed.

Back
Top Bottom