WTF is wrong with people ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF is wrong with people ?

Yes, other approaches are certainly needed but I was talking specifically about violent crimes. Need to keep these people off streets. Increased police presence where needed.

Deterrents are necessary.

Take those away, what's the incentive to not commit crime?

If you can steal up to $999 worth of stuff and not get in trouble... why wouldn't you.

If you know you can suckered punch someone in the face and know you'll get released in an hour... what really is there to prevent someone from taking out their frustrations?

If you know you can just harass someone while they are put eating. Why would you stop when you know you might get on the news and be heralded a hero depending on which network you watch

It's a shame we got here
But unfortunately it's our reality right now

Deterrents are necessary.

Take those away, what's the incentive to not commit crime?

If you can steal up to $999 worth of stuff and not get in trouble... why wouldn't you.

If you know you can suckered punch someone in the face and know you'll get released in an hour... what really is there to prevent someone from taking out their frustrations?

It's a shame we got here
But unfortunately it's our reality right now
Is the $999 before or after tax ?

I've been to a lot of concerts and never saw anything like that even though people were drinking and getting high at those concerts.......very uncalled for and sad.

While I agree with you about crime in general, I can not agree with you about the jail part. The US has more people in prison than any other country in the world and yet we still have a massive crime problem. So i think its fair to say that approach is not working and we need a new approach. This country has a huge problem with changing its strategy when something does not work. We tend to double down on a bad approach and it never works. See 'war on drugs' as a great example.
Nothings perfect and I get what you are saying but this is also the same opinion we hear from young people now. Essentially complaining that something isn’t perfect but can provide 0 effort on the matter to make things better.

Nothings perfect and I get what you are saying but this is also the same opinion we hear from young people now. Essentially complaining that something isn’t perfect but can provide 0 effort on the matter to make things better.
First, dont take what im saying as if I dont think we need jail and the police. That is not what I am saying. What I mean is that we need to deal with the underlying causes of this crime spree that is happening. To me, jail is a strong deterrent not to commit crimes. To others, not so much. Growing up, I had a friend who grew up in a terrible environment. He basically did anything he wanted because his father was a drunk and mother had passed away. He never had food (he ate at my house a lot), money for anything, or any kind of structure in his life. After we all graduated, he tried working but could not live on minimum wage (which was like $4.25 an hour at the time), his father passed away and he became homeless and turned to crime (theft mostly) and alcohol. I saw him like 10 years ago, he was on probation at the time and told me he would rather be in jail than outside. In jail he had food to eat, a roof over his head, and not many problems. To him, life was harder as a free man than in prison.

Ive been to many a games with some pompous peeps from cities in the north east. They often would run their mouths with no repercussions. I wanted to knock them out, but I'm not trying to catch a charge and risk losing my professional licenses.

I have no doubt that this beat down was solicited by trash talk and not some random attack on a Bills fans by a Fins fan. I don't feel bad for people getting tossed around when they're running their mouth. There is a certain point when you stop throwing punches though, and it looks like this Dolphin fan definitely went too far. But you should know better than to come in someone's house and talk smack.

I used to live outside of Philly and I went to numerous Eagles and Phillies games. It's a passionate city when it comes to sports and this was pretty common. You simply don't run your mouth. Period. And if you do, you better be ready for the consequences.

*Disclaimer: IF this was a random attack, there is no place for this type of behavior*

I've been to a handful of games NFL games. Never saw anything like this personally, but I haven't gone back since having kids because of the possibility of being around something like that.

Hope that bills fan is ok.

Absolutely no reason to attack someone or beat them down over a game. To me, it seems like a lot of what is acceptable in social interactions has really changed since Covid and the lockdowns. People seem far more selfish, rude and cold to others. Seems like violence is on the rise since.
Good point. No place for violence off the football field.

Unfortunately, it seems like things have really shifted in America. I never thought i would see vigilantes praised as heroes at a political convention, people stealing and stores/police doing nothing, and the unending shootings at schools.

It's sad that we're seeing this in sports, but really not unexpected. If we want to be a society where rules count, there needs to be consequences for breaking them.

As an aside, I remember in the early 70's getting a bat as a giveaway at an Angels game. I'm talking a real bat, not those tiny ones fit for a shelf. Can you imagine that today?

I think alcohol is at play in some of these violent exchanges as well.

First, dont take what im saying as if I dont think we need jail and the police. That is not what I am saying. What I mean is that we need to deal with the underlying causes of this crime spree that is happening. To me, jail is a strong deterrent not to commit crimes. To others, not so much. Growing up, I had a friend who grew up in a terrible environment. He basically did anything he wanted because his father was a drunk and mother had passed away. He never had food (he ate at my house a lot), money for anything, or any kind of structure in his life. After we all graduated, he tried working but could not live on minimum wage (which was like $4.25 an hour at the time), his father passed away and he became homeless and turned to crime (theft mostly) and alcohol. I saw him like 10 years ago, he was on probation at the time and told me he would rather be in jail than outside. In jail he had food to eat, a roof over his head, and not many problems. To him, life was harder as a free man than in prison.
Sad commentary

I hope that fat shirtless ****ing pig gets gutted from his neck down to his privates and have his insides spill out

Back
Top Bottom