WTF?? (Re: Treatment of MNF ticket holders) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF?? (Re: Treatment of MNF ticket holders)

IceDolphin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ok, I'm using my girlfriend's sign-on name to post here, I need some feedback.

I got my GF tickets to the MNF for her birthday. Since the game sold out in like 5 seconds, I had to get them off of EBay like many others. I spent $350 for field 17 seats, and this girl was stoked. She's an absolute diehard fan, but since she lives in CA, only gets to see her team once a year (if that).

Obviously with the chaos around here on Sunday, she was very worried. The game gets moved, not too much harm because we can still make it. Right before we crash, at about 12am, I take one more quick sweep of the net looking for info when I find the press release on the Chargers website regarding the status of current ticketholders. Basically, it said '**** You ticket holders, you're screwed, we don't care how much money you spent on this game, and one more thing...congratulations Arizona, you just got a free MNF game.'

When we read this, we were both in shock. First come, first serve?? What the hell was the NFL thinking?? Where was the consideration for the people who were holding tickets. Not one mention of this ANYWHERE. Great, so I get the face value back...what about the extra $230?

Anyways, we did end up going(even though we doubted we would get in), got there about 4:30, walked right to the front of the line and in the door, and right to our seats twenty rows up at the 40-yard line(Dolpins side). That was the best thing that had happened in two days.

Don't get me wrong, I am still thankful my girl made it to her game, have great seats, and have a win to top it off. But WTF is the deal with how the NFL handled this? The least they could have done is guaranteed that ticket holders would have priority, because I can guaran****intee there are many people that opted not to go once they heard it was a free-for-all. BTW, don't give me this crap about how the Chargers gave ticket holders priority, because that statement was issued on their website long after we left, and we left at the last minute.

So basically, I just wondered where all the other angry fans are out there.

I was almost in your shoes, my friend. I almost bought 2 sweet tickets off Ebay for $500, but then this big stupid project came up at work, blah, blah, long story.
Bottom line, when all this **** went down about the free-for-all, I just sat there and thought, "Damn, if I would have bought those, I would be SOOOO SCREWWED right now"

Advice: I heard that somebody emailed the dude he bought his tickets from on Ebay, who obviously had heard about the wildfires, and they are working something out. It's hard for me to believe that ebay ticket scalpers are kind and generous people willing to give back some of their hard-earned ill-gotten gains. But. you never know, maybe there is still some good in people. You could give that a shot.

Good luck.

I thought I had heard that the Chargers would be refunding tickets. Of course, if you bought tickets on eBay - or from any other broker - you'd still be screwed.

I don't understand the prob? You got 40 Yd line seats and get $100 back. Whats wrong with that?

Anytime you buy tickets at more than face value....you have this possible dilemma. I know people who had bought tickets a Jimmy Buffett concert in Irvine, CA recently for $325 a piece. The show was cancelled to the death of Jimmy's mother.....and all they were able to get returned was the face value of the ticket.

I know its rare with football games....but anytime that someone buys a ticket for more than face value they face the risk of losing money when a cancellation takes place.

I posted on an earlier thread that I think the NFL and the San Diego Chargers did a good job considering the circumstances.

If you think you had it bad, consider whats happening to many San Diego residents who have lost their homes and much more due to this disaster.....they have it a lot worse than you do.

Yeah, I was the guy that emailed the Seller about the tickets...I got an email from him last night asking which tickets they were, so we'll find out tomorrow whats up. Im expecting to eat my $300...no big deal, I saw the butt whoopin I expected and I can't say the game would have been the same had it been played in San Diego.

Season ticket holders get a direct refund, so if you bought your tickets from one of them, you're really screwed, because they get the refund from that too! I suggest shooting them an email, you never know.

I didnt know about the prefered tickets thing, and waited in line. Section 142, row 4. right under the jumbo tron basically. Decent view I guess of the one end zone, but kinda far away...NOT what I payed for.

Anyone hop in he lines for food?! Both my uncles got in line with 45 minutes left on the pregame clock, didnt get back til 8 minutes left in the half. WTF?! If they werent free tickets, Id be pissed!

Responded allready...Did not expect this at all!!!

ok I guess the right thing to do would be to refund you... send the tickets back and I will refund you

Originally posted by phinfan34
I don't understand the prob? You got 40 Yd line seats and get $100 back. Whats wrong with that?

Umm yeah I take it you didn’t go?

First of all the NFL should not allow the stupid rat basterds to buy tickets in such mass quantities, God knows why they do the NFL actually loses money because the most likely get a price break the ticket master is great but it’s the other companies the do it

As for the ticket holders they made us wait inline for like 8 hours until about 3pm when they said they would give us "preferred seating" then when they finally open the gates they let us in at the same time they gave me crappy seats but that didn’t matter why? Because they didn’t give a $h!t about were everyone sat so it didn’t matter and it hurt me to know that I paid so much for the seats and drove like 6 hours so that the person next to me was just some sap that was there to be there and left at the half, wtf?

What they should of done was given us our tickets when we got there and let us leave and do our thing instead of sitting in line like a bunch of tards they should of thrown all the freebee tickets upstairs and left the whole bottom section for us

This is just what I think i understand the whole fire situation and I feel bad and all but the NFL let the loyal fans down :yell:

Back
Top Bottom