wth nfl incognito wasn't that bad | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wth nfl incognito wasn't that bad

ojmcduffy

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Ok so Ritchie Incognito bullys a 300llb offensive linemen, and he is the scourge of the league. Incognito get suspended indefinatly while the media turns it into the biggest scandal to hit sports. He was demonized, and verbally beaten down by every commentator in the media. It was huge media blitz and he is a sign of whats wrong with the league.
Ray Rice beats up a 110llb woman, and everyone wants to support him in his time of trouble. This is just crap. Bully a 300llb man who makes his living hitting people and you deserve to be drummed out of the league by the media. Beat up a 120llb woman and you get a 2 game suspension and the media rallys around you in support during your time of need. Am i the only one that sees a double standard and a problem here? Which person is in more of a position to defend themselves against the aggressor the 120llb woman of the 300llb man?

Thats what we call bias. The media hates the dolphins. I was more upset that no one talked about it when it happened. Thats why goodell did what he did IMO. No fair and balanced media whatsoever.

So thats what you get. unfair assesment of the situation.

I don't watch ESPN, but are they really glossing over Ray Rice's behavior? :lol:

Bully happened in a NFL work place Ray beat his wife in a private hotel.

Double standard? Since Ray did all the counselling and other crap no jail time. It would be difficult for Goodell to punish Ray more what the court system already didnot

Different situations for sure. Incognito did all his stuff in the locker room and had teammates rib on Martin as well. Rice did what a lot of idiotic husbands do, abuse.

People at ESPN seem to agree Rice should've been suspended longer than the 2 games. Aside from that it's the only reaction I've seen from them.

ESPN and the NFL showing bias? I thought they were always fair and equal and called it as is..... man what's going on....

Incognito has not been suspended by the league. People don't want him because he's a drunk and a psycho and not very good at his job. It just turns out that is the opinion of every team. A whole bunch of Dolphins fans still wanted him, though. You can always count on Dolphins fans.

Nice that your "take" on the Ray Rice suspension was that Richie was the victim, though. That's having your priorities in the right place. Not that Rice should have been thrown in jail, or in any case suspended longer -- much longer. Your thoughts drift to poor Richie. Poor, poor Richie.

He is a **** human being, a **** teammate, a **** player and a **** employee!

Incognito WAS that bad. He was an average guard, a piss-poor teammate, a destructive locker room nuisance, drug abuser...an all-around P.O.S.

He's the only one to blame for where his career has gone.

Rice, on the other hand, should have been fined/suspended much more harshly IMHO. But there's no way these two situations are comparable.

Now, if you say Rice only got 2 weeks when other folks who got caught for substance abuse got 4, that's a more imbalanced situation (even though a Bengal only got 2 weeks yesterday for substance, it seems most get more).

I wouldn't say the NFL should have beat him down harder to make up for the legal system's failure (they ALWAYS fail with the Ravens, what'd you expect), I'd say they should have made it much harsher because it's far more damaging to the NFL brand than smokin' a joint.

I really can't defend Incognito going on and on about raping Martin's sister and mother. He's lucky Martin didn't snap like some postal workers have. People think this bullying issue was no big deal, but when you team it with Martin's known mental issues things could have been really worse. I think in most cases Incognito and whoever he was bullying would have fought it out after a few days and both sides would move on. But Martin, with his condition, might stuffs things and lets them build and build until one day he explodes.

I just find it hilarious that the NFL has deemed beating your fiancee is worth half the suspension time that smoking a joint is.

I really can't defend Incognito going on and on about raping Martin's sister and mother. He's lucky Martin didn't snap like some postal workers have. People think this bullying issue was no big deal, but when you team it with Martin's known mental issues things could have been really worse. I think in most cases Incognito and whoever he was bullying would have fought it out after a few days and both sides would move on. But Martin, with his condition, might stuffs things and lets them build and build until one day he explodes.

but that and the few racist texts were what was selectively parsed by his legal ambulance chasing mommy to get all the talking jackals braying. The reality when Incog released all the texts was that was a miniscule unrepresentative sampling when in reality Martin gave as good as he got and threatened to kill Incog's whole "****ing" family. How cool is that? And does it strike anyone somewhat disingenuous that the Dolphins, skewered for dyfunction, voluntarily and probably unfairly suspended Incog without any due process or investigation (while giving Martin a paid free ride), yet the classy Ravens sat on their hands without suspending Rice or even issuing a statement of condemnation. Not to mention a bunch of their other players on the wrong side of the law this offseason. Now which is the classier, more responsible organization??? Go figure :idk:

I agree that there was a media circus leading to a one-sided version of the Martin vs. Incognito/Jerry/Pouncey situation. But, those were multiple events over a long period of time that took place among teammates often in team activities.

The Ray Rice thing is part of the NFL's long standing decision to weigh negative events less harshly when they happen in the player's personal lives outside of football. Given the exceedingly high amount of problems NFL players have with the law outside of football, the NFL would have a players revolt if they tried to change that stance now.

Back
Top Bottom