WVDolphan's Get Real - Jeff Ireland "Like a Boss" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Jeff Ireland "Like a Boss"

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVDolphan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
There has been plenty of Ireland hatred to go around here the last 18 months. For many, things subsided when Philbin was brought in and people wanted to fairly give Ireland a shot with a new HC.

However, many have remained skeptical of Ireland despite the new coaching staff and have questioned his every move. Some still believe what transpired over the pre-Philbin years were mostly Ireland's doings and that he held a philosophy too similar to Parcells' outdated ideas.

Some of us however have been trying to tell you guys it was a new day in Miami and that most of the harvest of recent years was due mainly to the mentality of Parcells and the ignorance of Sparano. Some of us believed Ireland was cured of Parcellsitis and even though he exhibited a few symptoms from time to time was never in a critical stage. Some of us had faith that the man in charge of this team would step out of the corn fields and find the playmakers we need to contend once again.

Those of us who just knew Parcells and Sparano were the ones in control and steering us straight to mediocrity tried to tell you Ireland haters to just step back and watch what happens. Instead you bashed away with your Fireland nonsense and sigs that include suggestions of Ireland being incompetent. Well Jeff Ireland has one message for you as you take in the fact he drafted up to get the best defensive playmaker in the draft last night................................... Stick THAT in your CORNCOB pipe and smoke it!!!!!!!!

Thats right. Jeff Ireland has been nothing short of the best GM in the league over the last couple of sesaon. I didnt say just this season. I said the last couple of seasons. Its time you Ireland bashers get it right. Dont come in softening your stance on him and suggest he is just merely doing a good job this year. No. This brilliant offseason has been an ongoing process since LAST YEAR. While all of you mongoloids were nitpicking every move Ireland made last year, you failed to realize they were all moves necessary to make this offseason work.

How good is that Vontae trade now? After all, had it not been for the extra 2nd round pick we got from trading that bum, the move up to get Jordan wouldve been a lot less likely. Or how bout the Marshall trade you all bashed Ireland for? No complaints about that now as we are putting together a solid group of WRs and have an extra 3rd this year that also proved beneficial to us. But, the best move of last year was drafting Tannehill. Many were skeptical, but look at what we would be faced with had we not gotten the QB last season.

Yea, some great work and planning ahead has put the phins in a great position. Every move that was made last season was a piece of future considerations. And the move up to get Jordan was as shrewed as any. Ireland trolled the **** out of about 4 teams that were praying Jordan would be there with their top 10 pick. What a great move at a great price. We found the right team to fleece and got it done. And just look at what some other teams gave up in order to move ahead or into round 1. Minnesota lost 4 picks just to get back into the late first and get Patterson last night. In the meantime we gave up a 2nd rounder to move up 9 spots and get the best defensive playmaker on the board.

The other great thing about last nights draft was how many teams wasted their pick by going cornfed. We got a leg up on half the league who drafted players that simply cant block the player we took and dont have much of an impact anyway. Only a couple of teams in the top 10 went playmaker. Both St Louis and Miami traded up to get theirs.

Looking at Jordan, he is pretty much the defensive version of Tavon Austin. They were mirror playmakers so to speak. The phins are clearly going to attack on defense. Wake on one side and Jordan on the other will force OTs out wide and allow Starks and Solial to destroy the middle. Ellerbe will also be a cause of concern with the occasional rush up the middle. Jordan also allows us a player who can cover these new explosive TEs down the seem. He is a perfect counter to Hernandez.

The message was sent loud and clear to New England. Belichick and Brady...... were coming for you. Be prepared. Ireland and Philbin are ON IT. This defense is going to absolutely swarm. Much more speed at LB is going to give us a great new demension. If we can add a ball hawk like Herbal Badger, we could have an elite D.

Finally, what a great job Ireland and the whole team did of not letting this cat out of the bag. None of the so called "experts" or "gurus" had a clue we were going to take Jordan. Those guys completely whiffed. This is why I find mock drafts and such silly anyway. If you want to analyze the players thats great, but speculating on who is going where is pretty much nonsense outside of the first couple of picks. Too many things can happen.

In the end this was all nothing more than great foresight and hard work by Jeff Ireland, Joe Philbin and staff over the last 15 months. This group really put together some great stuff to get us where we are. We are now laying perfectly in the weeds with our crosshairs right on Brady's ass. This team is a legit contender and those who are sleeping on that need to WAKE up and smell the coffee. Jeff Ireland is running this thing like a boss. It was Parcells and Sparano who failed to realize the impact playmakers have and overvalue the cornfed.

Now if we can just get Bailey, Herbal Badger, and Gillislee tonight we can start talking world championships.

Great stuff man, agreed with everything all the way.
I was in the pro-Ireland camp, but even my patience was wearing thin. But he at least deserved this offseason/one more full year imho.
Good to see instincts were right. Give Ireland a good HC, and we are good to go.
This has been the best offseason in Dolphin's history.
Still can't believe we got Dion Jordan. Wow lol. Keeps getting better and better.

Bold , imaginative , unpredictable. Who would have thunk it ?

Great job by our entire front office in free agency and now in the draft.

Excellent write up WV :up: ... as usual

I smiled while reading this.:)

Good job, WV!:clap:

Yup, yesterday was an absolute homerun. Best move he's made as a GM, imo. I disagree on some of your points, but Irish nailed the s*** out of yesterday.

He had a 5 year plan. He's in year 5. Let's let him play it out and get us to the playoffs and turn the team around. If he did, mission accomplished (so far, turn the team around).

:thanks:

The pick shocked me...just never saw it coming. I love adding to the pass rush. It is the only way to combat the successful passing teams of the NFL. Plus, we need to create more turnovers. The pass rush improving is the only way to that.

I think they got a quality player for great value. I like the pick and yet TODAY is the most important day of the draft.

The pick shocked me...just never saw it coming. I love adding to the pass rush. It is the only way to combat the successful passing teams of the NFL. Plus, we need to create more turnovers. The pass rush improving is the only way to that.

I think they got a quality player for great value. I like the pick and yet TODAY is the most important day of the draft.

agreed

Good Stuff, there has been more than a few threads where I felt like the only guy who was willing to give Jeff ICEland the benifit of doubt. Only thing left is to finish the draft shore up the O-line, and have a winning season.

I've been one of the very few Ireland supporters all along.
I've said all along that he shouldn't be judged on the picks
that were made when Parcells was around, and his grading
started when Parcells left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom