WVU - By beating Auburn does Coach Stewart deserve another year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVU - By beating Auburn does Coach Stewart deserve another year?

CashInFist

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I have said all along that if WVU beats Auburn I'd give Bill Stewart a pass this year as long as we still qualified for a decent Bowl Game.

Well...WE DID IT!!! :woot:

Anyone out there think Bill Stewart deserves another year to prove himself?

Or do you think WVU would be better serverd to drop Bill Stewart and go after another Head Coach? And if so what HC should we pursue?

How long has he been there? I think any HC, as long as they are not abject failures, deserve at least 3 years to get thier guys and thier system installed.

How long has he been there? I think any HC, as long as they are not abject failures, deserve at least 3 years to get thier guys and thier system installed.

This is his first year as Head Coach.

After the loser Rich Rodriguez tanked the Pitt game and then left last year, Coach Stewart took over and stomped Oklahoma's *** into the ground in the Fiesta Bowl. Pretty much sealed the deal for him being the next HC right there. Pat White also lobbied for him to be Head Coach very diligently.

Last edited by a moderator:

After the loser Rich Rodriguez tanked the Pitt game and then left last year, Coach Stewart took over and stomped Oklahoma's a$s into the ground in the Fiesta Bowl. Pretty much sealed the deal for him being the next HC right there. Pat White also lobbied for him to be Head Coach very diligently.

I think if RR was such a loser WVU fans would not have been so angry he left. He may be alot of things but a loser isn't one of them. I can't believe I didn't remember this was RR's first year at UM. Yeah, it's a no brainer. If you think a HC is worth hireing as an HC, you keep him at least three years.

Feel how you want to....but beating Auburn this year...well....
Wing Nut is probaly gone after this year.

After the loser Rich Rodriguez tanked the Pitt game and then left last year, Coach Stewart took over and stomped Oklahoma's *** into the ground in the Fiesta Bowl. Pretty much sealed the deal for him being the next HC right there. Pat White also lobbied for him to be Head Coach very diligently.

1.You do realize Calvin McGee did all the game planning for the Fiesta bowl right?

2.Auburn just fired their OC, have no QB, and Tubberville will probably be fired so they ain't exactly great this year.

I don't know if he deserves it but Stewart will get at least another year. ADs aren't too fond of admitting mistakes, especially expensive ones. He may get a pass next year as well with the level of expectations plummeting after White and most of that OLine depart.

I have said all along that if WVU beats Auburn I'd give Bill Stewart a pass this year as long as we still qualified for a decent Bowl Game.

Well...WE DID IT!!! :woot:

Anyone out there think Bill Stewart deserves another year to prove himself?

Or do you think WVU would be better serverd to drop Bill Stewart and go after another Head Coach? And if so what HC should we pursue?

IDK.

I was never sold on the idea of giving him the job in the first place. After losing to ECU and Colorado (...the way that we did) - well, let's just say that I wanted his head impaled atop the Star City bridge. We started at #8 in the country ... imagine where we'd be if Stewart had gotten the troops fired up for ECU & Colorado - especially after the early upsets.

I was sure that Auburn (even in a bad year) was going to beat us severely, because it seemed as if Stewart did not realize that we are predominantly a running team. However, he was able to get the "W" last night.

I think that this would probably be a question better asked at season's end.

Back
Top Bottom