Wynn’s former OL coach, Dante Scarnecchia | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wynn’s former OL coach, Dante Scarnecchia

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
“I absolutely think he is savable,” Scarnecchia told WEEI’s “The Greg Ill” Show in that interview. “But he’s in the Twilight Zone right now. ... “It doesn’t look like the way things are going, it’s going to go very well for him here. Wherever he ends up, whatever happens, I hope it’s in his best interest and he gets the most out of his career.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article275326001.html#storylink=cpy

He has more faith than me. Maybe it's just all the BS we have had to put up with for the last 20+ yrs., but I'm not too optimistic. For the sake of the team I am hoping for the best.

"Salvageable?" I guess that's the word. Disconcerting
Well, BB spent a first round pick on the guy for a reason. Then he got the Achilles and other injuries. So, one would think that if he can stay healthy, he should bring a lot to the table. Guess we'll find out.

There's something that we all forget sometimes ......when a player has so many injuries we should not expect him to all of a sudden stay healthy but what's more, can the player ever go back to be as good as he was before the injuries?

A guy can get healthy again but missing all those games hurt his development as a player. We can hope that he stays healthy but even if he does is not a guarantee that he'll regain his form that made him a 1st round pick.

Hoping for the best of course but not holding my breath.

The guy was a first round draft pick who started 33 games at left tackle for a perennial playoff contender, and he played well enough that a notoriously cheap front office picked up his fifth year option. Almost every football site—including PFF, NFL.com, and PFT—ranked him among the top 50-60 free agents this off-season.

He is a good player. I think he should start for us, whether at LG or RT. But if he’s ultimately our backup swing tackle, he’s a very good one.

The guy was a first round draft pick who started 33 games at left tackle for a perennial playoff contender, and he played well enough that a notoriously cheap front office picked up his fifth year option. Almost every football site—including PFF, NFL.com, and PFT—ranked him among the top 50-60 free agents this off-season.

He is a good player. I think he should start for us, whether at LG or RT. But if he’s ultimately our backup swing tackle, he’s a very good one.
Well said.

Well, BB spent a first round pick on the guy for a reason. Then he got the Achilles and other injuries. So, one would think that if he can stay healthy, he should bring a lot to the table. Guess we'll find out.

I've been and remain optimistic about Wynn, but it's very unusual for a prior NFL coach to dump on any player.
I'm interested in the word "here," as if he's still in NE. Don't see a date on that interview

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article275326001.html#storylink=cpy

He has more faith than me. Maybe it's just all the BS we have had to put up with for the last 20+ yrs., but I'm not too optimistic. For the sake of the team I am hoping for the best.
Another injury prone player. That’s the other thing about Austin Jackson, he hasn’t proven he can even stay healthy. He’s missed games in each of his seasons, and last year only played in two.

Dante Scarnecchia is one of the biggest reasons for Belichick's success in New England. He's probably the best O-line coach in NFL history. If Dante thinks that Isaiah is savable, that's good news for the Miami Dolphins.
By the same token, if Dante couldnt save him, Im not sure Butch Barry is the guy that can.

I hope things work out, but im not holding my breath.

Back
Top Bottom