Wynn’s former OL coach, Dante Scarnecchia | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wynn’s former OL coach, Dante Scarnecchia

It's crazy to me that we have three studs in Williams, Hunt, and Armstead, but the other two positions are complete garbage. I guess we give Jackson one more change at this starting RT thing, but left guard needs changed yesterday.

I wonder if Fleming is still in the equation, or if this is it for the offensive line moves. Definitely, the biggest question on the team. Obviously, there's hope that young players can reach their ceiling and that a new offensive line coach (Barry) can make a difference.

For a team that otherwise looks like a championship contender, I wish more was done on the offensive line.

I wonder if Fleming is still in the equation, or if this is it for the offensive line moves. Definitely, the biggest question on the team. Obviously, there's hope that young players can reach their ceiling and that a new offensive line coach (Barry) can make a difference.

For a team that otherwise looks like a championship contender, I wish more was done on the offensive line.
I think Butch Barry may have scared off any F/A who's played for him previously. The guy has a bad reputation. Those Denver F/A OLinemen would have been ideal for Miami. But yet remain unsigned.

Flemming came in for a visit so couldn't be that scared of playing for Butch Barry

I think Butch Barry may have scared off any F/A who's played for him previously. The guy has a bad reputation. Those Denver F/A OLinemen would have been ideal for Miami. But yet remain unsigned.
Was Barry signed before Fangio? I can't remember, but would think Fangio might have had input in that move? McDaniel has made a lot of good coaching move IMO, but that one is questionable for now.

Agree, two of those Denver offensive lineman would have been perfect. Not sure Miami had the money, though. So maybe that's why they went cheap?

Lots of questions.

It's crazy to me that we have three studs in Williams, Hunt, and Armstead, but the other two positions are complete garbage. I guess we give Jackson one more change at this starting RT thing, but left guard needs changed yesterday.
While I certainly understand the concern at LG. I guess I am the only poster on here who is willing to see if Eichenberg can develop into a solid stater at LG.

He was moved to guard last year after playing tackle in 2021. It was a new position for him and he was still adjusting to playing guard before he went down with a season ending injury last year.

Both Jackson and Eichenberg obviously have to show more next season but there just aren’t any top tier offensive linemen sitting out there for the Dolphins to bring in.

My hope is the OL can at least be a middle of the pack offensive line instead of one of the bottom tier offensive line in the league as they have been in recent years. If they can just be an average OL, with the talent they have on offense and defense, an average OL should be enough to get them back into the playoffs.

While I certainly understand the concern at LG. I guess I am the only poster on here who is willing to see if Eichenberg can develop into a solid stater at LG.

He was moved to guard last year after playing tackle in 2021. It was a new position for him and he was still adjusting to playing guard before he went down with a season ending injury last year.

Both Jackson and Eichenberg obviously have to show more next season but there just aren’t any top tier offensive linemen sitting out there for the Dolphins to bring in.

My hope is the OL can at least be a middle of the pack offensive line instead of one of the bottom tier offensive line in the league as they have been in recent years. If they can just be an average OL, with the talent they have on offense and defense, an average OL should be enough to get them back into the playoffs.
He's young and has the size. I was rash about him in my previous post, but I think I'm willing to see how he shapes up this summer in training camp (as if I have a choice lol). If he is serviceable, that's a major plus for this team.

Back
Top Bottom