X. Howard officially ranked Number 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

X. Howard officially ranked Number 1

I know everyone is against what I'm about to write for the most part.....

But if we can get a 1st and a 2nd or two 1st for X right now we should cash in..... hes getting older and speed is about the only part of his game that is not elite. If he starts to loose any speed what so ever it will change his production drasticly.

We should trade him right now.
He definitely has great trade value now but I do not see us having as much of a need for more picks if this current group grows a little, this is a contending team! I am not even sure what we would pick with our top two next year. Not many holes. Centers can be round 2 yet I think Skura will be good and possibly resigned???

I could see us then in a year or two contending for a SB and lack a shutdown corner. He has at least 2 years left at high level pay.

But if we can get a 1st and a 2nd or two 1st for X right now we should cash in..... hes getting older and speed is about the only part of his game that is not elite. If he starts to loose any speed what so ever it will change his production drasticly.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth - LOL

I walked in off the deck fresh from smoking a Partagas Black (STRONG). It mellowed me out to the point where if I hadn't, I might be inclined to flame a position like this. We get a 1st team All Pro...IN HIS PRIME, and we decide that it's in our best interest to trade him.

I don't even see :GASE: making a boneheaded move like that. You need a horse...or three to make things happen, and trading one of the top defensive playmakers in the entire NFL is..................................................................:shoo:.

I walked in off the deck fresh from smoking a Partagas Black (STRONG). It mellowed me out to the point where if I hadn't, I might be inclined to flame a position like this. We get a 1st team All Pro...IN HIS PRIME, and we decide that it's in our best interest to trade him.

I don't even see :GASE: making a boneheaded move like that. You need a horse...or three to make things happen, and trading one of the top defensive playmakers in the entire NFL is..................................................................:shoo:.

It worked out OK with Tunsil, didn't it?

I’m glad that it’s official. But I already knew this about X-man. He’s the closest thing to Dion Sanders in his prime that I’ve seen. Especially since he was talking about how he’s still getting better last season. That’s crazy. And I like how he’s been working with Iggy.

Great idea. Let’s just keep trading players once they become good, great or elite for more futures so we can, again, trade those futures for more futures once those players start to pan out too. :rolleyes:

At some point you have to start holding on to the good players you have! Especially when you aren’t in rebuild mode anymore and can start winning now!

Its all relative to when you realisticly think we will be contenders for the Super bowl really

If you think we can get there this year ot next... obviously keep X. If, like I belive, were 2+ years away from being on the level of KC and Buf. Trading Howard now makes perfect sense. As he will be too old in 3+ years to play at the level hes been playing

It worked out OK with Tunsil, didn't it?
Waiting until the 6th round to draft arguably the greatest QB to play the game worked out for the Pats as well. Not so much since then.

I don't want to fall into "excusism" where we're always one piece away and we are going to trade something to get that piece and a future piece.

No...its time to play the game and not drag this out with FA and draft hopefuls.

Its all relative to when you realisticly think we will be contenders for the Super bowl really

If you think we can get there this year ot next... obviously keep X. If, like I belive, were 2+ years away from being on the level of KC and Buf. Trading Howard now makes perfect sense. As he will be too old in 3+ years to play at the level hes been playing
That makes perfect sense for a team in rebuild mode. We aren't.

We gotten Tua the weapons he needs so now the offense won't be the albatross around our neck.

Trading the best piece of your best unit is foolish...IMO.

Id rather not become the Florida/Miami Marlins of the NFL.

If we were still rebuilding, maybe, but its time to win. To win you ride out your talent.

For the record, there was a time when I was "pro" trading Howard...

That was when I didn't think we would ascend in time to benefit from his ability...

My position has changed....

He is literally at his peak age right now. But there shouldn't be a steep decline for about 4- 5 years (32 years old) barring injuries. Obviously the secondary is important to our scheme and if want to make a superbowl run(s) within the next 5 years we need him. So enough of all the trade our best player nonsense

Back
Top Bottom