Xavien Howard Always Turns His Head Back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Always Turns His Head Back

Xavian Howard with that head turn. Continues to be a ball hawk. Keep turning your heads around Dolphins CB's! More will come!

Why is this guy a ball hawk and INT leader?

Someone correct me if im wrong but its not a PI if the CB looks back for the ball?

Howard does this beautifully!

I would be ok if a TD is given up if the CB looked back for the ball. Ill live and die with that because its a higher success they break up the pass or INT.

Anyone agree with this? or am I missing an important element?

I believe it's not PI if the CB looks for the ball AND makes an attempt to catch it or knock it away. He has as much right to it in those circumstances as the receiver does.

Why is this guy a ball hawk and INT leader?

Simple, the guy turns his head around and looks for the ball when its thrown up in the air.

How many of you feel my pain that when a ball is thrown at our corners, you see the WR looking up but the CB never looking back for the ball! Just trailing and putting their hands up when they are less then a foot away from the WR. JUST TURN AROUND! Its so frustrating to see that. If our CB's always look back for the ball there would be higher % of INT and also lower % PI against out CB's. Someone correct me if im wrong but its not a PI if the CB looks back for the ball?

Howard does this beautifully!

I would be ok if a TD is given up if the CB looked back for the ball. Ill live and die with that because its a higher success they break up the pass or INT.

Anyone agree with this? or am I missing an important element?
It all depends on if you’re trailing the receiver or in his hip pocket. If you’re trailing him and you turn your head around he’s going to get more separation.

Minkah is an example of everything you look for in a rookie. He was asked to come into a new system and play 3 different positions and still did well.

He was put on the boundary last year and was not drafted as a boundary player.

I disagree, he also decided to complain, instead of just doing what is asked of him...He Tends to be able yo play three positions, but none exceptionally for very long...He seems more about himself, and what will make him look better, then what will help the team, not a team player.

If I remember , Terrell Buckley did it quite well too but also got burned a lot because of his style.

Cornerbacks who don't turn around also create unnecessary penalties because they have no clue where the ball is, and panic. They'll intentionally surrender pass interference when all they had to do was turn around and the under thrown ball would have been theirs.

Pass interference in college football is only 15 yards. Too many young cornerbacks in the NFL don't understand the math and give up deep interference penalties that essentially surrender a touchdown, when a year earlier all it would have done is move the ball from midfield to 35.

Also, there is linkage. These are hardly isolated traits. A cornerback with ideal instincts to turn and look for the ball is massive favorite to have superior instincts in other aspects also, like angles and timing.

Giving up the penalty also assumes the catch. How can you assume the catch, especially when the spot is right there in the NFL? Not much is gained at all. I always emphasize the aspect of stealing one percent here and everywhere. Hacking the receiver and handing them the obvious pass interference penalty is asinine in the NFL because it you eliminate that possibility that the receiver might flat out drop the football. I believe the NFL drop rate is something like 3.5% but higher on deep passes. However, that's an estimate because I don't follow that category.

Read this title and immediately thought this thread was going to be bashing X for turning his head, quite pleased it's the opposite.

I would think you could attack a CB who doesn’t turn his head with short back shoulder throws. If the WR has to run through the CB to get the football isn’t that a PI?

I would think you could attack a CB who doesn’t turn his head with short back shoulder throws. If the WR has to run through the CB to get the football isn’t that a PI?
That's how Preston Williams forces a bunch

Back
Top Bottom