Xavien Howard Baylor? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Baylor?

Similar to Eli Apple in that regard, not quite as good of an athlete, but then again Howard doesn't mug receivers down the field like Apple does and he has much better awareness, eyes not locked on to the receivers like Apple does, Mackenzie Alexander style. Howard has better ball skills, too- better ball hawk. I'd rather have Howard in rd 2 than Apple in rd 1.

I like Eli Apple, but I don't think he'll be the best player available at #13. If he's the pick I wouldn't be disappointed as I love his upside and think Joseph could get a lot out of him.

That said, a scenario with a top pass rusher or even one of the dominant defensive tackles in the first and Howard in the second works for me.

I like Eli Apple, but I don't think he'll be the best player available at #13. If he's the pick I wouldn't be disappointed as I love his upside and think Joseph could get a lot out of him.

That said, a scenario with a top pass rusher or even one of the dominant defensive tackles in the first and Howard in the second works for me.

I don't think that I could have said it any better. Personally, I'd like to see rd 1 DT Robert Nkemdiche rd 2 CB Xavien Howard rd 3 OG Joshua Garnett. The reality is that I have doubts that Garnett will be there rd 3, and I'd have a tough call to make rd Howard vs. Garnett, I think Howard at this point. Then target Westerman, Glasgow, Jack Allen or maybe Dahl a bit later.

Last edited by a moderator:
jim1 my thinking matches right up with yours. I have a man crush for Nkemdiche in the first but lower than thirteen. I am thinking maybe Washington to move up for WR they might be targeting. It might be a pipe dream but if Nkemdiche and Sue....Well lets say those two could make up for all those years of watching Tom Brady make my life miserable. But in this division a killer defence is key. As for a guard I am still in search mode.

jim1 my thinking matches right up with yours. I have a man crush for Nkemdiche in the first but lower than thirteen. I am thinking maybe Washington to move up for WR they might be targeting. It might be a pipe dream but if Nkemdiche and Sue....Well lets say those two could make up for all those years of watching Tom Brady make my life miserable. But in this division a killer defence is key. As for a guard I am still in search mode.

Search for the Left Guard at 1:09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyhsCki3neg

Josh Garnett: Seems to be a very thoughtful intelligent young man. Football wise he seems stout at point of attack, surprisingly good pulling, at 330 lb's. Outland winner, this guy won't be there in the third. I like him but how do you fit him in unless Miami trades down. Gets Nk. and first two lands Howard and he is still there with second two. Another pipe dream but Hey, a guy can dream right. But he does look solid on the highlight reel.

Josh Garnett: Seems to be a very thoughtful intelligent young man. Football wise he seems stout at point of attack, surprisingly good pulling, at 330 lb's. Outland winner, this guy won't be there in the third. I like him but how do you fit him in unless Miami trades down. Gets Nk. and first two lands Howard and he is still there with second two. Another pipe dream but Hey, a guy can dream right. But he does look solid on the highlight reel.

That's the dilemma for me- Howard or Garnett in round 2 because neither will be there in rd 3 imo. No guarantees they'll be there for us in rd 2 for that matter.

Good call on Howard.

I have no problem with the trade up. It's clear Vance was very specific About what he wants out of his cornerbacks. Maxwell and Howard are like twins.

And if that's the kind of player you want you have to go get it.

Good call on Howard.

I have no problem with the trade up. It's clear Vance was very specific About what he wants out of his cornerbacks. Maxwell and Howard are like twins.

And if that's the kind of player you want you have to go get it.

When we made the trade I had thought we jumped a Bears team that didn't need corners, and two teams that took CB's in the 1st round. But it now sounds like the Bears were targeting Howard with their pick immediately in front of ours. If so I agree we had to do what was needed to get our guy. I absolutely LOVE that we are drafting players now that are good fits in our schemes. You can't be a Vance Joseph fan, and not like the Xavien Howard pick. He fits what Joseph want to do to a T.

Back
Top Bottom