Xavien Howard Has Heard Trade Rumors | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Has Heard Trade Rumors

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
Howard said the Dolphins are not “in a rush to do anything.”

Howard said after the season finale he wanted to be the NFL’s highest-paid cornerback, which currently is Josh Norman at $15 million per season. Some have wondered, with the Dolphins in a rebuilding mode, if they would try to trade their best player.

They traded receiver Jarvis Landry last offseason after failing to get a long-term deal done.

“I seen that. No, the trade rumors do not bother me,” Howard said, via Cameron Wolfe of ESPN. “It is what it is. It’s a business. Be prepared for it. Wherever I go, it don’t matter; I’m still going to be busting my butt.”
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/30/xavien-howard-has-heard-trade-rumors/

SMH....

So is the plan to not have any good players until we have a QB. ****, I might sacrifice my Sunday Tix for 2019 and I even watched every game in 2007.

I'm right there with you on that

we gonna field dumpster fire see ya in 2020 lol

That article didnt mention anything new. I doubt they are going to be in a rush to do anything seeing as the coach hasnt even been hired yet. They will likely put a plan together for personnel over the next month or so. I certainly hope we keep him bc we will have plenty of cap space and we need to keep the little bit of talent we actually have.

His value has never been higher. Not saying we should trade him, but why wouldn't you poke around to see what compensation you can get for a player before they are due a massive extension. Particularly one who was dealing with knee problems last year.

I'm against trading Xavien Howard. Elite CB1's are hard to find and worth their weight in gold. So, we should sign him long-term and build around him and Fitzpatrick.

But, if we're going to trade him, it will be nice to have ammo to go get a QB in the 2020 draft (not the 2019 draft).

His value has never been higher. Not saying we should trade him, but why wouldn't you poke around to see what compensation you can get for a player before they are due a massive extension. Particularly one who was dealing with knee problems last year.

Yup, it would be malpractice not to at least ask. Everyone has a value, and if someone is willing to massively ovetpay you'd be a fool to not at least consider it.

With that being said we'd need significantly more than a first for it to be worth it so I don't see that happening. Let's just figure out a way to pay the guy. We can't afford to lose one of the only 2 young stars we have.

Back
Top Bottom