Xavien Howard placed on PUP | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard placed on PUP

Xavien Howard$11,900,000$1,400,000$0$0$25,000$0$11,900,000$13,325,000$17,500,000($4,175,000)

Xavien Howard$12,075,000$1,400,000$0$0$25,000$0$0$13,500,000$4,200,000$9,300,000

3rd operation on that knee and it's scary to say the least and the Dolphins were dammed if the did or didn't when it came to his new contract, he was a turn over machine and lead the league or was tied for the lead in interceptions the year he got the contract I believe and it looked like the sky was the limit for him. Hopefully he makes a come back this year and his knee problems are over but you can see why they were interested in FA Byron Jones and paid him, Noah Igbinoghene from everything I've read about him looks like a slot CB and we do have other options, more than likely a make it or break it year for Xavien and the Dolphins could end up eating his contract if his medical problem continue.

This has gotten old with Howard. Good player but you can't help the team if you're not ready to play.
Normally I’d agree but he’s a special player. When he’s back on the field ball hawking this will all be forgotten. Remember Offerdahl always seemed to injured at the worst times but he got a pass due to being brilliant when he was on the field. Same kinda thing.

Normally I’d agree but he’s a special player. When he’s back on the field ball hawking this will all be forgotten. Remember Offerdahl always seemed to injured at the worst times but he got a pass due to being brilliant when he was on the field. Same kinda thing.
It also didn't hurt that JO was an all around good guy, that wasn't making ridiculous jack.

Apples and kumquats

I wouldn't compare the two. JO went to the pro bowl his first 5 years in a row then after that he got hurt and from there on he kept on getting hurt. Howard has been missing game since we drafted him. He comes up with turnovers but he's not that super cover corner that some people would think. I'm not saying we should cut the guy but I'd consider a fair trade for him.

I wouldn't compare the two. JO went to the pro bowl his first 5 years in a row then after that he got hurt and from there on he kept on getting hurt. Howard has been missing game since we drafted him. He comes up with turnovers but he's not that super cover corner that some people would think. I'm not saying we should cut the guy but I'd consider a fair trade for him.
Fair enough. JO started getting hurt when the team got good again in the early 90’s and missing playoff games etc. Easy to forget his first 5 years where for the most part we were mediocre.

Howard didnt like the Jones trade and I'd comfortably assume he didnt like the Fins signing him to a bigger contract either... Something else going on IMO...

I don’t know much about offerdahl but I have a hard time believing he was ever as good as x was the year before he signed that contract.

x had the most consistent technique in football that year. Last year was a throw away but I get the feeling the team had no qualms shelving him in that complete rebuild/tank to everyone but Flores season.

Howard didnt like the Jones trade and I'd comfortably assume he didnt like the Fins signing him to a bigger contract either... Something else going on IMO...
That's the impression I got as well, but he has to look at it from the team's perspective.

They both got life changing $, that most of us can't even imagine. He needs to deal with it, and prove he's the better player on the field.

I'd just like to know whats really going on with that knee.

Wasnt it just a "clean up" he had done?

Back
Top Bottom