Xavien Howard Super Thread | Page 106 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Super Thread

I'm one of only a handful that fully supported X....I'm just going to move this thread back to the top and snuggle up...

Any stand up posters ready to concede the entire situation was overblown and X is the best conner in the league...
what????? you don't want those awesome draft picks that everybody covets on here . We might be able to draft another iggy!!!

I'm one of only a handful that fully supported X....I'm just going to move this thread back to the top and snuggle up...

Any stand up posters ready to concede the entire situation was overblown and X is the best conner in the league...

For the record, I was against the extension because I feel contracts should not be too malleable, that's why you write them in the first place.

First, I was surprised and disappointed by the FO writing a new contract for "X". Second, I was astonished and delighted by the structure of the new contract and feel this will be the kind of contract (in terms of requirements) that we will be writing for every player after their rookie contract ends.

"X's" skill set was never a concern for me during all this time.

I see his future with the Dolphins as doubtful after this year because his new contract calls for a contract review at the end of the season.

1) If "X" plays well, the cost to keep him will most certainly go beyond what we will be willing to pay him while some desperate team will pay him an extrordinant amount.

2) If "X's" performance slips, we will want to pay him less and there will certainly be teams willing to pay him more.

In either case, I see "X" going where the money is.

For the record, I was against the extension because I feel contracts should not be too malleable, that's why you write them in the first place.

First, I was surprised and disappointed by the FO writing a new contract for "X". Second, I was astonished and delighted by the structure of the new contract and feel this will be the kind of contract (in terms of requirements) that we will be writing for every player after their rookie contract ends.

I see his future with the Dolphins as doubtful after this year because his new contract calls for a contract review at the end of the season.

1) If "X" plays well, the cost to keep him will most certainly go beyond what we will be willing to pay him while some desperate team will pay him an extrordinant amount.

2) If "X's" performance slips, we will want to pay him less and there will certainly be teams willing to pay him more.

99% of athletes go where the money is. I would have no problem giving X top 3 CB money next season if (in my eyes when) he ends up this season as a top 3 CB

Well, I was vocal that I did not want to lose him, but if he became a distraction to what the team was trying to do, Miami might have no choice, but let him go.

There is no doubt he is by far Miami's best defensive player.

X changes games. I had his back the whole time and damn proud of it. I almost always back the player in these situations anyway. NFL "contracts" aren't real contracts. They are place holder documents that will always change based on leverage and the same set of rules don't apply to everyone. That's not just football but life in general.

The great players have the kind of leverage teams and fans get annoyed by. People forget that players are in fact just CEO's of their own brand. Some guys take it more seriously than others.

Baseball, Basketball and Hockey players sign contacts.

Football players sign temporary employment agreements that are always subject to change.

If your one of these people who channel phrases like "he signed a contract, he should honor it", I'll tell you to your face I have zero respect for you and you don't know enough about the business, with that kind of stance.

Is like hiring a prostitute. If the sex isn't good then....

Rumors always circulated around you that you had more women than Cary Grant and Humphrey Bogarth combined. Im not sure anyone knows who those people are. They probably think they were former nfl qb's.
Didn’t Grant win a championship with the Bears in 1937 ?

Back
Top Bottom