Xavien Howard’s Future | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard’s Future

Anybody wanting to trade Tua AND a first or second round pick is out of their mind. I could see Tua for Watson trade but Watson has won nothing involving a ring, is was too expensive, and has pissed off the whole (dysfunctional) franchise. I would rather turn the draft choices into cheaper weapons for Tua.

Anybody wanting to trade Tua AND a first or second round pick is out of their mind. I could see Tua for Watson trade but Watson has won nothing involving a ring, is was too expensive, and has pissed off the whole (dysfunctional) franchise. I would rather turn the draft choices into cheaper weapons for Tua.
A qb of his status in his prime has never become available, never, it is unique and absolutely worthwhile looking into by a lot of teams. I’m on the fence, truly am, ok with whatever the people in charge do.

isn't byron making more than X?

who is the top paid corner?

how much more than byron and X is he making?

how much money per year are we even talking about here?

A qb of his status in his prime has never become available, never, it is unique and absolutely worthwhile looking into by a lot of teams. I’m on the fence, truly am, ok with whatever the people in charge do.
I'm obviously not. Not the first "viable QB" that has ever been available either. Almost all trades didn't work out that well.

I mean if some team wants to redo the Ramsey trade then sure, adios X.

Or even a 1st+ a 2nd.

I don’t think Howard holds the trade value some fans think. There was a reason the Patriots didn’t move Gilmore. CBs in their late 20s (Howard will be 28 all of next season) don’t have a lot of shelf life left to play at an elite level. Best case scenario is Howard plays at an All-Pro level another 1-2 seasons and that is only if he manages to stay healthy. Ramsey was still 24 (almost 25) when he was traded.

Neither does Watson. Not saying he isn't a top talent, but, IF (and I doubt it) he demands a trade, HOU will have to take the best offer available - not wait for what they want. And some of these draft scenarios are unrealistic. Not saying HOU will trade him for #3 and Grant, but HOU won't hold all the cards.

I have mentioned several times that X offers the best trade scenario. Yes, the above posters take on gilmour rings true on most accounts, but, a couple of things: watson holds ALL the cards with a no trade contract. He can put his foot down and say i will not play this year so you wont have me or trade bounty anyhow. Second, as of right now, tua is a nobody can easily be a bust. Texans cant afford that happening. X is a sure fire, top of the nfl player. X would be their preferred player. Using X in the trade gives us these things....

KEEPS US OUT of a potential obnoxious and lengthy holdout from X and his new cut throat agent.
MIAMI CAN absorb watson's contract better with X's salary gone.
THE TEXANS can afford X's 20 mil+ demands with watsons salary gone.
WE CAN TRADE TUA and get some of the pics we gave up for watson back.

Tua being the player catalyst in a watson trade would cost us a LOT more pics. You have to give a lot to get a lot and i am down, but only to a certain point. X offers us a much better trade investment. We don't give up as many draft pics with X as we would have to with tua, providing the texans even want tua. I think they take X over Tua all day at this point.

Last edited:
Howard makes tons of money. If his ego is that fragile that he again needs to be the highest paid or he's going to hold out I show him the door and trade him for 2 1sts. Flores doesn't play on team first. Maybe the Texans want him and Tua for Watson, maybe they don't. The whole Watson thing is an unknown until at the earliest they get their HC and they see if they appease Watson.
I agree. If he didn’t get extended last year he may have a beef. Seeing as how he did though I don’t see the point in complaining about money already.

Watson has talent and issues, and you want to give up our best player, our QB, and a bunch of high picks for a player with injury and drama issues?
It’s too much for me. Watson is good but he’s not Joe Montana or Brady or Peyton or Marino or Mahomes etc. Let’s say he gets hurt and loses a step - you just threw away the next 5-7 years.

Back
Top Bottom