XFL is coming back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

XFL is coming back

I think that would be a good start. The other difference this time around is people aren't that happy with the NFL as a whole. The dumb instant replays for everything, the bad officiating. The constant change to the rules. Not to mention the price of everything just keeps going up. If McMahon can hire the right people it should work this time.

Think of the comeback stories like cam wake where a player needs more time to develop than others and they can do that in the xfl

I had season tickets to the first XFL season...the NY/NJ Hitmen. So many hilarious moments watching those games:

-The crowd booing the Hitmen starting QB until he cried on the jumbotron
-The miked up players during a game winning drive saying loud enough that it boomed throughout Giants stadium, "Hey you guys wanna go get some pu**y after the game?"
-Vince McMahon driving a stretch limo onto the field during the first game, which was about 10 degrees below zero, and yelling WWE style into the mike, "IT'S A GREAT DAY FOR A GAME OF FOOTBALLLLLL!"
-During player introductions, the jumbotron showing cheerleaders rubbing up and down a player in the shower room and looking to camera to deliver the line, "He knows how to SCORE"

This is just a few. I am so, so happy it's back.

I had season tickets to the first XFL season...the NY/NJ Hitmen. So many hilarious moments watching those games:

-The crowd booing the Hitmen starting QB until he cried on the jumbotron
-The miked up players during a game winning drive saying loud enough that it boomed throughout Giants stadium, "Hey you guys wanna go get some pu**y after the game?"
-Vince McMahon driving a stretch limo onto the field during the first game, which was about 10 degrees below zero, and yelling WWE style into the mike, "IT'S A GREAT DAY FOR A GAME OF FOOTBALLLLLL!"
-During player introductions, the jumbotron showing cheerleaders rubbing up and down a player in the shower room and looking to camera to deliver the line, "He knows how to SCORE"

This is just a few. I am so, so happy it's back.
Except it sounds like they are trying not to be like that this time around.

Except it sounds like they are trying not to be like that this time around.

True. They will be "Family friendly" this time around...but it sounds like unlike the NFL they will be majorly listening to fans and adjusting the game. Worst case scenario, they force the NFL to wake up and improve. Best case scenario, this becomes a kind of NFL 2.0 for a new generation of fans. NFL had a decent amount of improvements after the introduction of the XFL last time, and they are sorely in need of some right now.

True. They will be "Family friendly" this time around...but it sounds like unlike the NFL they will be majorly listening to fans and adjusting the game. Worst case scenario, they force the NFL to wake up and improve. Best case scenario, this becomes a kind of NFL 2.0 for a new generation of fans. NFL had a decent amount of improvements after the introduction of the XFL last time, and they are sorely in need of some right now.

To me in a perfect world the xfl will be an nfl farm league for prospects who don't make the nfl to continue their dream and develop

@phins_4_ever from the wiki page:

In announcing the reformed XFL, McMahon stated that while it would share its name and trademark with the previous incarnation, it will not rely on professional wrestling-inspired features and entertainment elements as its predecessor did, instead aiming to create a league with fewer off-field controversies and faster, simpler play compared to the NFL.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFL_(2020)

From Bleacher:

ESPN's Arash Markazi noted McMahon said the XFL will stand alone and there will be no crossover with WWE, unlike the original version of the league.

Source: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755924-vince-mcmahon-announces-return-of-xfl-will-debut-in-2020

So pretty sure thay radio show you listened to is just voicing their opinion on what the new version will be. By all accounts the new version is positioning itself to be an alternative to the NFL as opposed to a spring/minor league.

@phins_4_ever from the wiki page:

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFL_(2020)

From Bleacher:

Source: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755924-vince-mcmahon-announces-return-of-xfl-will-debut-in-2020

So pretty sure thay radio show you listened to is just voicing their opinion on what the new version will be. By all accounts the new version is positioning itself to be an alternative to the NFL as opposed to a spring/minor league.
I am not arguing about the purity of the XFL. I am not even interested in the XFL. I am just repeating what the CBS Sports show on the radio said while I was driving around.

McMahon is an entertainer. I take his words with a grain of salt especially since he is invested in draft kings and wants to expand betting for the XFL. But we will see.

I am not arguing about the purity of the XFL. I am not even interested in the XFL. I am just repeating what the CBS Sports show on the radio said while I was driving around.

McMahon is an entertainer. I take his words with a grain of salt especially since he is invested in draft kings and wants to expand betting for the XFL. But we will see.
Won't debate McMahon's word. Dude is a ****ing snake. But just because they have an investment in Draft Kings doesn't mean the XFL will be entertainment first. At least not in the ways of WWE entertainment because all sports are entertainment. Even the NFL and they even profit from fantasy football.

The one thing I will say is this time around Vince actually has some good minds around him to help build the league and he has a plan

The one thing I will say is this time around Vince actually has some good minds around him to help build the league and he has a plan
It sure seems like it. He seems to be approaching it from an actuslt sports perspective and not just a new form of over the top entertainment. And now you add the fact the AAF has folded already (pretty much) he has yet another example of what not to do.

It sure seems like it. He seems to be approaching it from an actuslt sports perspective and not just a new form of over the top entertainment. And now you add the fact the AAF has folded already (pretty much) he has yet another example of what not to do.

Well Vincr approached the original XFL as a way to help promote the WWF. Now he seems to be getting bored and is giving up more control in WWE so this is a new challenge for him.

Will it fail? More than likely. Did AAF have more football people involved? It seemed to but it seemed like AAF was betting on the NFL agreeing to help them

Back
Top Bottom