XFL is coming back | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

XFL is coming back

The deal with Fox isn't surprising. They are moving Smackdown Live to FS1 later this year and got paid a **** load of money to do so.
The XFL is the latest spring football phoenix, rising from the ashes of the AAF. The ascension (or not) of Vince McMahon’s mulligan will be televised on a pair of networks.

FOX, ABC, FS1, and ESPN will televise the games of the reconstituted XFL, the league announced on Monday.

According to John Ourand of SportsBusiness Daily, the deals will result in no rights fee to the XFL, which is still better than paying for air time (which the AAF did, or at least was supposed to do). The networks will pay for the production costs of the XFL’s games, which per Ourand can amount to roughly $400,000 per game.

Source: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...on-fox-and-abc/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

XFL to allow multiple forward passes behind the line of scrimmage.

XFL Commissioner Oliver Luck said on the #PFTPM podcast in April that the league was considering allowing multiple forward passes on one play, and at the league’s player tryout in Tampa over the weekend he confirmed that’s the plan. Luck, a former NFL quarterback himself, said the idea is that the quarterback might throw a pass to a wide receiver along the sideline, who could then throw his own pass downfield.

“If I’m in the shotgun as a quarterback, I’m five yards back, I can’t throw a lateral to a receiver because he’d have to be seven yards back,” Luck told the Tampa Bay Times. “You might as well hold a sign, ‘We’re going to throw a trick play right now.’ So we said, all right, if a team’s in the shotgun, that shouldn’t prevent the double forward pass.”

Luck said he thinks some teams might use a backup quarterback as a wide receiver to run those double-pass plays.

“You can put your backup quarterback in there,” Luck said. “You can sneak him in the game. Let him rip one down the field.”

Source: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-forward-passes-behind-the-line-of-scrimmage/

Again the XFL will likely fail again but credit to Vince in that he put a lot more thought into this rendition and he got a lot of highly qualified people to help him.

Now people will say the same about the AAF but Ebersole never had the money and actually rushed the idea to beat Vince

When compared to the original XFL? Not really. These ones are much better.
I always like the Orlando Rage logo but yeah these are better than the originals as a whole. Roughnecks looks like a Astros and Oilers mash up. That Vipers logo is weak sauce, totally missed a good opportunity for an awesome logo.

I always like the Orlando Rage logo but yeah these are better than the originals as a whole. Roughnecks looks like a Astros and Oilers mash up. That Vipers logo is weak sauce, totally missed a good opportunity for an awesome logo.
I'm hoping there will be alternate logos like most other sports teams. But you're right about the Vipers one.

I'm hoping there will be alternate logos like most other sports teams. But you're right about the Vipers one.

Convert this one into a Viper logo....

tumblr_inline_pl8a55KDcl1ql75n8_1280.jpg

viper-snake-mascot-logo-design-vector-26151888.jpg

Inaugural draft on Tuesday and Wednesday.

here's the draft pool in case anyone cares

ill just note the former fins i see off the top of my head...(btw so far this talent pool looks **** and like players that havent played in years, if AAFL QB's got killed i feel really bad for these guys)

Jonas Gray RB
Matt Hazel WR
Josh Kaddu LB
andrew franks K
Jeff Luc lb
andrew mcdonald OT
storm johnson RB
greg joseph k
maruice smith S
dallas thomas Turnstile

(not a fin but just saw tyree jackson was in the draft...hmm i remember the hype around him...ooops)
shawn oakmen is there...he's prob going to be the poster boy

there are like almost zero names that pop out, im sure i missed a couple fins, because i still dont know how i remember the name andrew mcdonald, but i wasnt looking up every name, just ones that sounded familiar. regardless there looks to be less talent in this league than the one last year. I really think that if oakmen remotely makes a couple plays that they are going to find a way to try to get him in the WWE, think its been mentioned here before with him (maybe earlier in this thread)

I think San Diego, St. Louis, Oakland, Orlando are small market cities that would garner local interest because of lost NFL teams obviously, Orlando is yearning for football again.

His goal of a two hour telecast would be good.

No criminals allowed, there's something new.

Thankfully no members of WWF crossing over, including Vince.

Bring back the Rage!
I still have my Orlando Rage hat, was a cool logo

I think the decision to make this a spring football league is a good one. If the quality of play is at all watchable, I think there is enough interest in this that it can gain enough traction to succeed. And even if not, there are enough marketable, out of work quarterbacks for it to succeed anyway.

Although if it's true that they said they don't want Johnny Manziel, that's a very stupid move by them. They should be going all out to try to lure Kaepernick, Tebow, and Manziel. Heck, didn't Vince Young try to make a comeback recently? You bring in guys like that to be the faces of some of these teams, and people will be real interested in watching it, even if the quality of play is poor.
Isn't Vince like 400lbs? He's probably outta money by now...

There is a market for this if done correctly. Not sure I trust Mcmahon tho. Lets see if he learns from his previous missteps.
Well, he does know how to entertain. Hopefully, it's more football than showmanship. I'd like to have football in the spring and summer to fill the void in between the draft and training camp.

Back
Top Bottom