XFL is coming back | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

XFL is coming back

XFL is quite entertaining. They definitely should keep pushing that aspect. We know the quality won't be near NFL quality so its other aspects that aren't pure gimmicky that will see it as an option away from the NFL.

People need to stop the narrative of this being some sort of farm system for the NFL tho. It will never compete with college football on that level and will be seen in the same light as the CFL and other leagues if that is their objective. Sure some players will use it as a way to jump back in the NFL but that shouldn't be the league's goal.

But yea absolutely they need to do like the MLS and gather a few big names, even if out of their prime, to help with the overall headlines, especially at QB. Manziel, Tebow, Terrelle Pryor, Denard Robinson, etc. The star of your entertainment league can't be Landry Jones.

What I'm learning so far of XFL is that it is built for more mobile QBs. The 2 best players so far have been Cardale Jones and PJ Walker

I like a lot of the rule differences from NFL.

With touchback punt the ball is placed at 35 which pretty much forces team to go for it on 4th down once they cross midfield.

The extra point is eliminated and replaced with 1, 2 and 3 point conversion from different distances. Makes 9 point TD possible.

Kick off returns have been brought back by making blockers and tacklers line up 10 yards apart closer To return. Better way of not eliminating kickoff but keeping injuries down.

College like replay system that is very quick and doesn’t involve the crooks in NewYork.

Short halftime (10 minutes)

Final 2 minutes clock stops on every play with 5 second runoff if inbounds. Allows ref to get their **** together and not be rushed at end if game. You don’t really need timeouts if you keep moving ball.

A lot of good stuff to watch. Hopefully NFL might learn something from this experience.

This League could have been a success if not for COVID-19. Covid-19 has been a scapegoat for a lot of things (some legit, some are a stretch). Covid-19's impact on the XFL was very real.

This League could have been a success if not for COVID-19. Covid-19 has been a scapegoat for a lot of things (some legit, some are a stretch). Covid-19's impact on the XFL was very real.
Agreed. It honestly seemed like people were enjoying it. I hope that they can bring it back. I think it will do better without Vinnie Mac invovled as well.

Back
Top Bottom