XFL is coming back | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

XFL is coming back

Yeah this doesn't sound sustainable to me. Maybe Vince's ego will keep the league going for longer than it should but in the end it's going to go the way every other spring football league has gone in my opinion.

Yeah this doesn't sound sustainable to me. Maybe Vince's ego will keep the league going for longer than it should but in the end it's going to go the way every other spring football league has gone in my opinion.

The video I posted explains it too. Vince had the money and if you have an upstart company you have to be prepared to lose money for a year or 2.

But again thanks to some deals through the WWE Vince has money to burn to take the risk.

I've watched parts of two games. I'm enjoying the play. Seems reasonably competent, considering this is the first season/first games. I like the rules so far.

I've got a feeling some of these players are gonna be of interest to NFL teams. These players are getting a 2nd chance to show their stuff against good competition. Coaches too. Certainly no worse than NCAA. I'm somewhat impressed. How it compares to CFL, I would not know.

I've got a feeling some of these players are gonna be of interest to NFL teams. These players are getting a 2nd chance to show their stuff against good competition. Coaches too. Certainly no worse than NCAA. I'm somewhat impressed. How it compares to CFL, I would not know.

PJ Walker absolutely will get a look. As will that Holley kid he is throwing too

Aside from illegal streams, how are you guys watching this online? So far all the official sources seem to be $20 and above and I think that is a wee bit steep for this.

Aside from illegal streams, how are you guys watching this online? So far all the official sources seem to be $20 and above and I think that is a wee bit steep for this.
YouTube. Didn't even have to search. It was listed on my YouTube homepage. I didn't complain when I saw it streaming live ;)

P.S. right now it's listed as
[Live] XFL Football - Los Angeles Wildcats vs Houston Roughnecks on YouTube

YouTube. Didn't even have to search. It was listed on my YouTube homepage. I didn't complain when I saw it streaming live ;)

P.S. right now it's listed as
[Live] XFL Football - Los Angeles Wildcats vs Houston Roughnecks on YouTube
For free? Or is there a subscription that has to be bought?

For free? Or is there a subscription that has to be bought?
Hey, if it's illegal, I can't imagine YouTube would leave it up all day as they have. I think it's smart of XFL to make it free at least the first weekend. Presuming that's what they're doing.

P.S. to answer your question more directly, I have no subscription. Just a normally registered YouTube account.

Hey, if it's illegal, I can't imagine YouTube would leave it up all day as they have. I think it's smart of XFL to make it free at least the first weekend. Presuming that's what they're doing.

P.S. to answer your question more directly, I have no subscription. Just a normally registered YouTube account.
I found it after my free preview on the Fox app expired. It's not an official channel so it is illegal. My guess is the XFL isn't big enough to be yanked off the website as fast as a NFL channel would be.

I found it after my free preview on the Fox app expired. It's not an official channel so it is illegal. My guess is the XFL isn't big enough to be yanked off the website as fast as a NFL channel would be.

I watch YouTube pretty regularly. I think it's very rare to see anything illegal there for long anymore. Could be the XFL paid the networks to allow it to be streamed just to get the ball rolling. I know I would not be watching these games without it. No way I'm paying $50/month for a product I'm not sure of. After watching today, I may decide it's worth it. IF I also don't hear anything about bankruptcy after the first weekend or so.

I was just thinking, with the NFL season over, this is would also a great venue for NFL practice squad players to get game experience and tape as well. Do you know if there are any rules or contractual agreements baring them from playing in other leagues during the off season?

Back
Top Bottom