XFL is coming back | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

XFL is coming back

I watch YouTube pretty regularly. I think it's very rare to see anything illegal there for long anymore. Could be the XFL paid the networks to allow it to be streamed just to get the ball rolling. I know I would not be watching these games without it. No way I'm paying $50/month for a product I'm not sure of. After watching today, I may decide it's worth it. IF I also don't hear anything about bankruptcy after the first weekend or so.

I was just thinking, with the NFL season over, this is would also a great venue for NFL practice squad players to get game experience and tape as well. Do you know if there are any rules or contractual agreements baring them from playing in other leagues during the off season?
I would assume that will be addressed in the CBA talks coming up. But if I had to guess I don't think they would be allowed to play in a different league while under an NFL contract.

I would assume that will be addressed in the CBA talks coming up. But if I had to guess I don't think they would be allowed to play in a different league while under an NFL contract.
I think you're probably right. Which would suck for them. These XFL players are making decent money. Comparable to NFL PS players, I think. They also have injury insurance (or something like that). Read about it on the XFL home site. This time around, the league is making a serious attempt to be taken seriously and fill a sustainable niche.

Not bad..The games have surprisingly been entertaining to me.

Guardians game was AWESOME today. A rabid crowd all yelling, surprisingly good play, and even a guy ran onto the field in 30 degree temperatures in his underwear and did pelvic thrusts as security led him out.

Cant wait to go to the next home game!

I do not see the league lasting. THE AAF actually had a solid plan and still failed in the end. There is just very little reason to care about another football league. As much as I want another league to make it, there is really nothing unique about the new XFL that makes it intriguing. I guess I used to think that a league of 60th best players off teams would still be worth watching but even at the lowest ticket price of 20 dollars its just not a good value much like paying the same for the worst seats at a double AA game are not a bargain.

I do not see the league lasting. THE AAF actually had a solid plan and still failed in the end. There is just very little reason to care about another football league. As much as I want another league to make it, there is really nothing unique about the new XFL that makes it intriguing. I guess I used to think that a league of 60th best players off teams would still be worth watching but even at the lowest ticket price of 20 dollars its just not a good value much like paying the same for the worst seats at a double AA game are not a bargain.

Again the AAF had no money, were rushed, and miscalculated costs. Not saying the XFL will last but the AAF was very poorly ran

Again the AAF had no money, were rushed, and miscalculated costs. Not saying the XFL will last but the AAF was very poorly ran

money wise they definitely came into issues but the approach and the way they set up the league was the best ideas that have been attached to a league. they never saw themselves as competing but a possible feeder league to the NFL.
The XFL launched in mainly cities that all had nfl teams and really have little different about them then they did the previous debacle. No reason to think that McMahon is any less likely to bail once he bleeds enough money again.
I have come to the conclusion that unless the NFL wants to sacrifice some profit that there will not be a second football league and there is nothing that the xfl has done that makes it any more likely to succeed.

money wise they definitely came into issues but the approach and the way they set up the league was the best ideas that have been attached to a league. they never saw themselves as competing but a possible feeder league to the NFL.
The XFL launched in mainly cities that all had nfl teams and really have little different about them then they did the previous debacle. No reason to think that McMahon is any less likely to bail once he bleeds enough money again.
I have come to the conclusion that unless the NFL wants to sacrifice some profit that there will not be a second football league and there is nothing that the xfl has done that makes it any more likely to succeed.
Seems pretty stupid to set up in cities that don't have an NFL team really. And looking over the AAF teams weren't that far removed from NFL cities either. They only had two teams that were in States that don't have NFL teams.

As for differences between the old XFL and the new XFL, I suggest you watch the video that Chambers posted. It outlines the differences quite well and not just between the new and the old, it also compares it to the the AAF.

I don't know. I get the sense that you just don't want the XFL to succeed. Either because you thought the AAF should have lasted or because you dislike Vince McMahon. Which, honestly, I wouldn't blame you for the latter. The guy is pretty deplorable. But so far the new version is much better than the old.

The one big downfall I can see is calling it the XFL again. It would have been better to distance itself from the old.

Seems pretty stupid to set up in cities that don't have an NFL team really. And looking over the AAF teams weren't that far removed from NFL cities either. They only had two teams that were in States that don't have NFL teams.

As for differences between the old XFL and the new XFL, I suggest you watch the video that Chambers posted. It outlines the differences quite well and not just between the new and the old, it also compares it to the the AAF.

I don't know. I get the sense that you just don't want the XFL to succeed. Either because you thought the AAF should have lasted or because you dislike Vince McMahon. Which, honestly, I wouldn't blame you for the latter. The guy is pretty deplorable. But so far the new version is much better than the old.

The one big downfall I can see is calling it the XFL again. It would have been better to distance itself from the old.

I personally detest Vince McMahon but much like his original venture I would love for it to succeed. There's just nothing that has been done to make it any more successful than the other leagues. the basic fact that makes a lot of sense that people do not want to pay for this level of football. First few weeks it'll be popular and by the end of the year you already hear about how much money they lost. The financials just don't add up and in the end I can't blame fans for not want to see team's filled with lower than practice squad level players overall.

Overall every football fan thinks man I can never have enough football and if if there was some kind of way to come close to that would be awesome.

But then we all tune in the first week and notice the level of scrubs that are playing and then very quickly we decide naw I'm good till the NFL or college starts.

I mean watching a Matt McGloin play quarterback can be kind of a cool story for a minute but watch it a whole league of lesser than Mcgloins play all over the field is really not worth the average viewers time.

I personally detest Vince McMahon but much like his original venture I would love for it to succeed. There's just nothing that has been done to make it any more successful than the other leagues. the basic fact that makes a lot of sense that people do not want to pay for this level of football. First few weeks it'll be popular and by the end of the year you already hear about how much money they lost. The financials just don't add up and in the end I can't blame fans for not want to see team's filled with lower than practice squad level players overall.

Overall every football fan thinks man I can never have enough football and if if there was some kind of way to come close to that would be awesome.

But then we all tune in the first week and notice the level of scrubs that are playing and then very quickly we decide naw I'm good till the NFL or college starts.

I mean watching a Matt McGloin play quarterback can be kind of a cool story for a minute but watch it a whole league of lesser than Mcgloins play all over the field is really not worth the average viewers time.
We will have to wait and see how it pans out I guess.

Though one big difference between now and ten years ago is people are getting sick of how the NFL does things. Yeah the players are on a higher level but the games drag on! The rules seem to make it less and less watchable. I mean if it wasn't for this site and the loads of Dolphins gear I own, I would have stopped watching football years ago.

We will have to wait and see how it pans out I guess.

Though one big difference between now and ten years ago is people are getting sick of how the NFL does things. Yeah the players are on a higher level but the games drag on! The rules seem to make it less and less watchable. I mean if it wasn't for this site and the loads of Dolphins gear I own, I would have stopped watching football years ago.

getting sick of how the NFL does things is one thing watching below minor league football masquerading as legitimate football is another.

I mean we will have to wait and see maybe something miraculous will happen and survive for more than two seasons but we seen this movie quite a few times and there's nothing original about the plot of this one.

Last edited:
Tampa - Seattle game turned out pretty good yesterday. Tampa could move the ball but just self destructed every time they had scoring opportunities. Good defensive battle.

getting sick of how the NFL does things is one thing watching below minor league football masquerading as legitimate football is another.

I mean we will have to wait and see maybe something miraculous will happen and survive for more than two seasons but we seen this movie quite a few times and there's nothing original about the plot of this one.

Wouldn't there need to be a legit minor league to say it is below minor league? Minor league implies there is already an established level between college and professional level football. At the end of the day these spring leagues are aiming to be a minor league with a national audience.

Back
Top Bottom