XTRA 570 is SAN DIEGO REPORTS POSSIBLE TRADE WITH SD FOR PHILLIP RIVERS | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

XTRA 570 is SAN DIEGO REPORTS POSSIBLE TRADE WITH SD FOR PHILLIP RIVERS

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Tonight on XTRA 570 in San Diego it was reprted that Miami may trade Patrick Surtain and our #2 pick overall for QB Phillip Rivers and San Diego's top 1st Round pick (#12 overall I believe it said). Supposedly the chargers really want WR Braylon Edwards and are willing to take the cap hit on Rivers to get him and Surtain.

Personally I think I'd also want a 2nd rounder next year for that trade to work for me.

Depends which of their 1st rounders its for, either way I'd like to see at the very least a 4th thrown in there.

I sure hope we can get more than Rivers for Surtain and a #2. At LEAST SD's 2nd Rnd this year..Possibly somthing next year too. Interesting idea, but, we gotta get somthing more than Rivers, IMO

EDIT: Oh, I didn't see for SD's 1st rounder.......Hm. Interesting. Actually sounds pretty good.

That is not a good trade for us. We should be getting a second this year

DOLFANMIKE said:
Tonight on XTRA 570 in San Diego it was reprted that Miami may trade Patrick Surtain and our #2 pick overall for QB Phillip Rivers and San Diego's 1st Rounder. Supposedly the chargers really want WR Braylon Edwards and are willing to take the cap on Rivers hit to get him and Surtain.

Personally I think I'd also want a2nd rounder next year for that trade to work for me.

Hmm...i actually like the 2 QB' sin the draft more than i like Rivers but that would mean we get a potential franchise QB , get rid of Surtain and a first round pick that we can more than likely get one of the RB's also(assuming its the12 and not the 28)? Hmm..this is the best scenario i've ever seen and id take this in a heartbeat....dont see it happening though

Hmmm.. Id take that.. Rivers is better than both Rodgers and Smith imo.. But I would need another pick thrown in as well.

I like Mr. Smith better than Rivers, but what do I know?

Rivers was the fourth overall pick last year. We'd still have a chance at one of the top backs at number 12; Brown seems to be slipping. Plus imagine all the cap room we would clear up. If Saban likes Rivers, I'd do it.

LostInPatsLand said:
I like Mr. Smith better than Rivers.

Why do you feel this way?

Rivers has a MUCH better college resume' than Smith, has better measurables, and can be had cheaper.. Id take Rivers over Smith in a heart beat.

DonShula84 said:
#2 pick and Surtain for Rivers and the #12? no way. They have to give us more than that.

We agree again. We need more than what this report is offering.

need more to me to make it fair. the idea sounds good. however, i would like additional 2nd round in 05, if not 3rd this year and like a 5th in 06.

SkapePhin said:
Why do you feel this way?

Rivers has a MUCH better college resume' than Smith, has better measurables, and can be had cheaper.. Id take Rivers over Smith in a heart beat.
I'm no scout by any means, but I like Smith's potential more. That's all. What do I know? I'm not a pro scout... :cool:

DOLFANMIKE said:
Tonight on XTRA 570 in San Diego it was reprted that Miami may trade Patrick Surtain and our #2 pick overall for QB Phillip Rivers and San Diego's top 1st Round pick (#12 overall I believe it said). Supposedly the chargers really want WR Braylon Edwards and are willing to take the cap hit on Rivers to get him and Surtain.

Personally I think I'd also want a 2nd rounder next year for that trade to work for me.

When did they need a CB? :confused: The have 3 pretty good ones that I know of...

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

How is this not good for us? We skip the huge signing bonus, grab a guy who'd be a top 5 pick this year, and still get Alex Barron or a Big 3RB if they slide that far (eh).

I'd do it in a heartbeat. If we can get more, fine, but I'd still do it for that.

Back
Top Bottom