Y do we hate our division rivals to the end in the NFL?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Y do we hate our division rivals to the end in the NFL??

Jersey DolFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
What im saying is. If we have a playoff or qualifier for olympians in the U.S. or etc. we always will root for our country against the rest whether our guy won or not. I even find myself USSUALLY rooting for the AFC in the superbowl, yet if its one of the phins afc east rivals me and most other ppl find ourselves routing against them. Mainly i rooted against the pats 2 years ago b/c of the undefeated thing, and b/c the Giants are my second favorite team, being from NJ and all.

BUT

should we be rooting for the representitive of our division to beat the hell out of any other team just to show the league how tough our division is and how solid and competitive it is? i mean we even face alotta the same opponents each year b/c of the NFC vs. AFC division thing every year. Like in college - i mean i am a rutgers fan and i hate cinci, but idk if the Big East got more national exposure and recognition it would be good for every team in it in BCS consideration. IDK i think that makes more sense and help us all kick some homerism to the side.

thoughts?

In the NFL there's no need for division or conference recognition. It's not like anyone respects your 8-8 record that much more because it came from a tough division. And the divisions change so much year to year anyways - unlike college where the strong divisions are always strong and the weaker divisions are always vying for recognition.

There's really no reason to cheer for your division rivals in the NFL...except for if you've got someone from those teams on your fantasy football team I guess.

Thats what a healthy rivalry is. Your supposed to hate your rivals, so why then support their success, when you know they will rub their success in your face. In the division we always want them to lose because it will gives us a greater chance of winning the division. So why then would you support a team in the playoffs, when you are always rooting against in the division? Only time you root for a divisional rival is when your the ones who benefit most from it.

Also bragging rights have alot to do with it. You see it on any sports forum you go onto. Opposition fans come onto a rival board, talk up their team and try to put down yours. That will eventually lead to piss-taking and fans braging about their success. At that stage then you hope that you always beat them so you can brag to them about it and you know if they beat you or have any type of success, they will come onto your board and rub it in.

Basically, the thoughts of rooting for any of our divisionals rivals in the playoffs makes me nauseous :lol:

What im saying is. If we have a playoff or qualifier for olympians in the U.S. or etc. we always will root for our country against the rest whether our guy won or not. I even find myself USSUALLY rooting for the AFC in the superbowl, yet if its one of the phins afc east rivals me and most other ppl find ourselves routing against them. Mainly i rooted against the pats 2 years ago b/c of the undefeated thing, and b/c the Giants are my second favorite team, being from NJ and all.

BUT

should we be rooting for the representitive of our division to beat the hell out of any other team just to show the league how tough our division is and how solid and competitive it is? i mean we even face alotta the same opponents each year b/c of the NFC vs. AFC division thing every year. Like in college - i mean i am a rutgers fan and i hate cinci, but idk if the Big East got more national exposure and recognition it would be good for every team in it in BCS consideration. IDK i think that makes more sense and help us all kick some homerism to the side.

thoughts?

Never understood at all people that tried to push this "you should root for the AFC East because were in that division" view.

Dosen't make sense to me in the least.
I don't give a rats arse about the AFC East conference.
Never bought an AFC East hat or shirt.

I care about the Miami Dolphins period.
Any teams that stand in our way twice a year to be a winning team I'm not going to like. Especially one team that has some of the most arrogant and idiotic fans in the league. Why on earth would I root for them?

The AFC East's Win loss record every year should mean nothing to us, just the Phins.

Division rivals are easy to hate. The dolphins are easy to hate. We play them twice. They have a stupid fish logo and ugly uniforms.

Good thing we don't have a stupid fish as our logo then I guess. Atleast the uniforms are original and traditional. Red, white, blue...hey..that took some thought.

Division rivals are easy to hate. The dolphins are easy to hate. We play them twice. They have a stupid fish logo and ugly uniforms.

Every logo in the NFL is dumb if you think about it. You have a buffalo as a logo for christ sake. Was the herd tought how to throw the ball around as youngn's?

lol at least the herd can play football on land. The dolphins should be a water polo team or something. :lol:

A herd of buffalo can trample and kill you, a school of dolphins will just swim with you and make that KEKEKEKEKE noise.

lol at least the herd can play football on land. The dolphins should be a water polo team or something. :lol:

A herd of buffalo can trample and kill you, a school of dolphins will just swim with you and make that KEKEKEKEKE noise.

At least there are actually dolphins in FL....Upstate Ny NEVER had any damn Buffalo except in the Zoo.

Back
Top Bottom