Yahoo 2 Round Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yahoo 2 Round Mock

Jojo

Rookie
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...B?slug=ys-draftmock020409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Dolphins picks:
25. Miami Dolphins: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
If we’ve learned anything from Dolphins GM Bill Parcells over the years, it’s that he loves to draft big. Parcells adores big, athletic players who can come in and fit his 3-4 scheme. Johnson is a bit raw and struggles holding the point of attack as a down lineman, but his blend of size, speed and burst make for an ideal fit as a rush 3-4 OLB. He’s a very enticing pick at No. 25.

45. Miami Dolphins: Louis Delmas, FS, Western Michigan
With no corner or tackle on the board worthy of the pick, the Dolphins go with the top safety in the 2009 draft class.

57. Miami Dolphins: Pat White, QB, West Virginia
A bit of a wild card here, but imagine how intriguing it would be for the Dolphins to have a player who can actually make plays with his arm in their wildcat formations.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...B?slug=ys-draftmock020409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

There's definitely some curveballs in that draft. Vontae Davis in round 2 and Clay Matthews in round 1? Still, I see the logic of our picks, and I can see us pulling the trigger on the enigmatic but talented Michael Johnson.

Delmas at 2a is something I've been thinking about for a while. I think someone will fall to us at the 2a selection, and if it's Delmas I'll be ecstatic. This kid is exactly the kind of player, leader, and person I want representing the Dolphins. :woot:

I will be shocked if we pick White in round 3 though, as he's not ever going to be a starter for us at anything other than the wildcat formations, and I don't see us tipping our hand by putting him in the game just for those.

If These players were available to us, I'd probably pick

1. James Laurinaitis - the playmaker, run stuffer and leader we need, although their pick of Michael Johnson is also an excellent pick, but I prefer to draft players who were dominant in college rather than projections of improvement in the pros.

2a. Louis Delmas - really perfect pick if he is available.

2b. Eric Wood - The Louisville C is slipping under the radar a bit, and can be every bit as dominating as Alex Mack or Max Unger. For our scheme, he might be the best C in the draft. I haven't given up on Satele, but Wood is exactly what Sparano would want at the position and has position flexibility.

Most of the picks in the Yahoo draft seem pretty decent though, and the 3 they picked for us are all definitely on our radar.

Pat White is a player you throw a 4th or 5th round flyer at not a 2nd or 3rd where guys are expected to start shortly.

There's definitely some curveballs in that draft. Vontae Davis in round 2 and Clay Matthews in round 1? Still, I see the logic of our picks, and I can see us pulling the trigger on the enigmatic but talented Michael Johnson.

Delmas at 2a is something I've been thinking about for a while. I think someone will fall to us at the 2a selection, and if it's Delmas I'll be ecstatic. This kid is exactly the kind of player, leader, and person I want representing the Dolphins. :woot:

I will be shocked if we pick White in round 3 though, as he's not ever going to be a starter for us at anything other than the wildcat formations, and I don't see us tipping our hand by putting him in the game just for those.

If These players were available to us, I'd probably pick

1. James Laurinaitis - the playmaker, run stuffer and leader we need, although their pick of Michael Johnson is also an excellent pick, but I prefer to draft players who were dominant in college rather than projections of improvement in the pros.

2a. Louis Delmas - really perfect pick if he is available.

2b. Eric Wood - The Louisville C is slipping under the radar a bit, and can be every bit as dominating as Alex Mack or Max Unger. For our scheme, he might be the best C in the draft. I haven't given up on Satele, but Wood is exactly what Sparano would want at the position and has position flexibility.

Most of the picks in the Yahoo draft seem pretty decent though, and the 3 they picked for us are all definitely on our radar.

See to you hes under the radar, but to NFL scouts, he is right near the top of their board.

Back
Top Bottom