Yahoo Sports: Dolphins shopping second pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yahoo Sports: Dolphins shopping second pick

NaboCane

I'm on my comma
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-dolphinsshoppingseco&prov=fanball&type=lgns

News
The Dolphins would like to trade down out of the second overall position in the upcoming draft, instead making multiple later picks. Two NFC personnel sources told the Miami Herald the Dolphins are inviting trade offers for their first-round pick, and recent statements by the Dolphins' front office seem to confirm that possibility. Miami coach Nick Saban told the Herald the team has a chart indicating what type of compensation the team is willing to accept to move down the draft board, and the club intends to stick to that chart.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/11313078.htm

This is the source article by Salguero; might have been posted earlier, my apologies if.

The Dolphins are willing to trade the second overall pick in the coming NFL draft, a fact two league sources say is getting around because Miami personnel people are saying as much in conversations with peers from other teams.

According to two NFC personnel sources, the Dolphins have made it clear they would welcome trade overtures that would allow them to drop down in the draft's first round in exchange for multiple picks.

One of the sources said he knows of no team that is eager to trade up to Miami's spot now, but said that might be because the April 23-24 draft still is too far in the future. Dolphins coach Nick Saban was unavailable for comment Monday, but last week addressed the possibility of trading the pick.

its in the fins favor to find out the value of hte #2 pick, and who is interested. you might not be interested in trading at all, but your still going to listen to teams offers.

who knows, a team may offer all 7 of their picks for the #2 overall pick.

ch19079 said:
its in the fins favor to find out the value of hte #2 pick, and who is interested. you might not be interested in trading at all, but your still going to listen to teams offers.

who knows, a team may offer all 7 of their picks for the #2 overall pick.

Yep, Ditka did it :lol:. Just think had the Colts taken Ricky instead of Edge, It would have changed the whole complexion of the draft, and Edge would have been a Fin.

Eagles make sense IMO because they were just in the SB if they could get a playmaker like Edwards or a RB This might put them over the top and worth trading a bunch of picks for our #2

What is the general feeling in Fin land? Do you guys want the #2 pick, or would you prefer to trade it for value in more picks since you are without a 2nd or 3rd?

That is a hard pick to pass up as a fan.

We have a 3rd I think it is like # 70 or something like that. I would like the Fins to trade it as long as we get what the pick is worth.

PhinPhreak said:
Yep, Ditka did it :lol:. Just think had the Colts taken Ricky instead of Edge, It would have changed the whole complexion of the draft, and Edge would have been a Fin.

Not really. If the Saints had no problem with Ricky they wouldn't have ever traded him. There would've been no reason to. So if they had drafted Edge, he would give them no problems .

BringBackShula said:
Not really. If the Saints had no problem with Ricky they wouldn't have ever traded him. There would've been no reason to. So if they had drafted Edge, he would give them no problems .

Saints would not have drafted Edge, Ditka wanted Ricky and made it be known he would give up the whole draft for him.

So Indy takes Ricky or somebody else and then Edge would have been a Fin, they reported that day that JJ had two trades set up(I believe one with the Redskins and one with his Buddy Wanny and the Bears) to get up to the next spot and take Edge. They never came out and said what they would be giving up, but it was said they woudn't have had any 2nd day picks.

arizona i think would be the best partner, we could prob get their 1st 2nd and 1st next year... then we could be at 8 and get the back tha tfalls, hopefully benson :D

What would Philly have to offer to get our #2 overall? Their 1st, the 2nd they got from us, then their own 2nd, maybe a third...and these are all low round picks, except the one they got from us ofcourse.

Back
Top Bottom