Y'all hatin' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Y'all hatin'

We need linebackers who can elevate our defense to elite status. I feel confident Dansby is of that caliber. I'm not sure Crowder is. We'll see how things work out in camp. Who knows, Spitler may turn out to be the second coming of Laurinitis (who he was stuck behind at OSU) and win the spot. Some players get stuck behind a good player at a major school, get drafted late, and become All-Pros in the NFL (see: Brady, Tom). Stranger things have happened. I'm not predicting it will in this case.

I don't hate Channing. He has given far more to the Dolphins than any of us keyboard commandoes ever will. But if he is not the best ILB on the roster, he will be replaced by someone who can do the job better. That's what the coaches are paid to evaluate.

Well actually he got run the **** over twice in that video. Don't think you can use the gap excuse when he goes head up with the back and gets bowled over. My point in all of this is, I don't care that he has so and so tackles compared to other guys in his draft class. You know how many inside linebackers we've brought in this offseason? Three. And they aren't here to give Dansby a run for his money.

Sure, the dude has done ok for a third rounder. But it has to come down to that? "Well.. he's done good for a third rounder". Lex Hilliard has done good for a 6th rounder. Doesn't mean he's guaranteed the next 10 years here.

You just displayed your knowledge of football. He did not get ran over. An offensive lineman pancaked him. A pancake is when an offensive lineman locks you up and drives you to the ground. Believe it or not that happens to everyone in the NFL. And on top of that I never said anything about him staying long or short for that matter. And if one of those new linebackers are beter than **** yeah bring them in I am all for it. I was simply stating you cannot base a players talent off one play if you think that then you are a fan that has no knowledge of the sport. That means I can sit her and post clips of Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Dan Marino, John Elway, Troy Aikman, and so on.. throwing interceptions and you would think they're bad QBs. And no I am definitely not saying Crowder is on their level before you twist what I say I am saying one play is not a good analysis of a player.

cuz I am weezy

clear.gif

look!! it's me ^

Well actually he got run the **** over twice in that video. Don't think you can use the gap excuse when he goes head up with the back and gets bowled over. My point in all of this is, I don't care that he has so and so tackles compared to other guys in his draft class. You know how many inside linebackers we've brought in this offseason? Three. And they aren't here to give Dansby a run for his money.

Sure, the dude has done ok for a third rounder. But it has to come down to that? "Well.. he's done good for a third rounder". Lex Hilliard has done good for a 6th rounder. Doesn't mean he's guaranteed the next 10 years here.

They brought a 7th ROUND PICK. and a 4th Round pick whose strictly coverage LB right now. And Dobbins, a backup in SD. I think he they wanted to replace him as badly as some of the posters here, they would have drafted the likes of Rolando McClain and other ILBs that actually have all around game.

Its laughable you think Edds and Spitler will give him a run for his money. Dobbins might, but I highly doubt it.

Honestly, it seems like 90% of this forum has never actually played football and knows what the positions do. They see stats and big hits and ints and think thats all there is to it.

You just displayed your knowledge of football. He did not get ran over. An offensive lineman pancaked him. A pancake is when an offensive lineman locks you up and drives you to the ground. Believe it or not that happens to everyone in the NFL. And on top of that I never said anything about him staying long or short for that matter. And if one of those new linebackers are beter than **** yeah bring them in I am all for it. I was simply stating you cannot base a players talent off one play if you think that then you are a fan that has no knowledge of the sport. That means I can sit her and post clips of Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Dan Marino, John Elway, Troy Aikman, and so on.. throwing interceptions and you would think they're bad QBs. And no I am definitely not saying Crowder is on their level before you twist what I say I am saying one play is not a good analysis of a player.

:lol: Why don't you watch the whole video and write me a paragraph then.

And guys, defend Crowder all you want, but the dude is a guy that when he's on his best, he's decent, and when he's on his worst, he's plain awful. I just think that we're "settling" for too much. Like when I refered to people saying "He's alright for a 3rd rounder" and now "now that he doesn't have to do everything, he'll be better"

I don't want to have to settle for that. As Jared Odrick says, football is football. A good football player should be able to be good in just about any circumstance they're put in. Crowder is an alright dude, but with him getting run over all the time, supposedly not being a big film guy, being Joey Porter's lackey, etc, all adding up, I just want his *** out of here.

:lol: Why don't you watch the whole video and write me a paragraph then.

Why are you laughing when in fact Crowder did not get run over? He was engaged in a blocker while making the tackle.

They brought a 7th ROUND PICK. and a 4th Round pick whose strictly coverage LB right now. And Dobbins, a backup in SD. I think he they wanted to replace him as badly as some of the posters here, they would have drafted the likes of Rolando McClain and other ILBs that actually have all around game.

Its laughable you think Edds and Spitler will give him a run for his money. Dobbins might, but I highly doubt it.

I wouldn't bet that they would. But I know stranger things have happened in the NFL. I know every rookie that is drafted is gunning for the starting job. They wouldn't be picked if they weren't.

Sometimes the latter round picks turn out to be the studs. I know you have watched way more tape on these guys than I have, and know them better than I know my brother, but none of us can accurately predict what will come out of camp. If we could, we'd be making a ton of money in Vegas. :chuckle:

Even if Crowder remains at ILB, his performance should be elevated by stronger players around him. Even he admitted that.

Crowder flopped hard in the first year of his big contract. He sucked it up last year pretty bad. Fortunatley they got Dansby who will take the pressure off of him. Not hating...its a fact he had a down year.

on a 34 Defense, the MIKE LB must have over 100 tackes a year, but also a lot of broken passes which he has not

Not a Channing Crowder VS. Every other linebacker in history thread.

Channing Crowder was/continues to be good value for where he was selected. Agree or Disagree?

Disagree, he sucks. Should have been undrafted then maybe it would have been decent value for his poor production. There are backups in this league that can do better than Crowder. I have a hard time believing he would start at any other team in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom