Y'all hatin' | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Y'all hatin'

Everyone complains about Crowder. What I remember from the last two years is whenever he's out our run defence suffers. With him and Fergy out we flat out sucked. I think with all the new help coming he will be just fine :)

~~~ GO FINS ~~~

The reason our run defense was terrible is because our linebackers were terrible. Channing is terrible at making reads, even the Tuna has called him out about running around with his head chopped off. Our other ILB's from last year Torbor and Akin were not great either. Linebackers are suppose to rack up all kinds of tackles for you in a 3-4, that is what they are suppose to do. Channing chases guys down 15 yards down field and is terrible in coverage.

People aren't complaining about Crowder because he was a third round pick or whatever. It's because he's the head of the defense and doesn't play like someone who calls the D. He is a good 2nd guy but last season he showed that he isn't "The Man".

i agree that crowder is or was a decent pick and a average linebacker. I think the reason he catches so much hell is because of all his **** talking and not doing a good job backing it up. TO talks smack and is one of the least like WR around but he has mad skill and has proven it. He will be a hall of famer. Not because of his smack talking and ignorant antics but because of his game. but he will be hated on for his antics. Now crowder if he could back up all of his smack talk and antics he would probably be tolerated by us fans.

BUT he really hasn't showed us much other than being a mediocre LB in a not so good linebacker core. but hey he served his purpose as a 3rd rounder now its time for us to do better than mediocre and win some games.

Crowder will be benched, or cut/traded in no time. That's all that matters to me.

This. He's been given more than his fair share of chances to keep his job. Gets caught so out of position, you'd think he's actually trying to do it. Let's lose this goober.

Well actually he got run the **** over twice in that video. Don't think you can use the gap excuse when he goes head up with the back and gets bowled over. My point in all of this is, I don't care that he has so and so tackles compared to other guys in his draft class. You know how many inside linebackers we've brought in this offseason? Three. And they aren't here to give Dansby a run for his money.

Sure, the dude has done ok for a third rounder. But it has to come down to that? "Well.. he's done good for a third rounder". Lex Hilliard has done good for a 6th rounder. Doesn't mean he's guaranteed the next 10 years here.
in the video you posted the first play crowder was tackled by the olinemen and not run over..now the 2nd one, that indeed is a man getting trucked,,

CHANNIN CROWDUR NEEDS TO SHUT HIS MOUTH AN PLAY FOOTBALL.. ITS WUT HE GETS PAYD TO DO

clear.gif

edit: oh snap I just hit 2k posts.

PAYD? Whats that?

52 tackles in 13 starts. That is beyond pathetic, not to mention how much he blows in coverage which is something Dansby is actually good at. Crowder gets owned by every tight end, and he gets rocked blindsided more than any linebacker in the league.

That's slighting the data dude. The year before he had 113 tackles in 15 starts. :3w:

The problem with Crowder is not his athletism, speed, or the way he plays football. Crowder needs to work on the focus he puts toward the game of football. He's had some solid performances for us in the past and has shown other flashes of having a lot of work to do in his game. I don't think the videos shown here justify his play. If we made a bunch of videos out there of every player making a mistake then you'll just see too many of them. Just see how the guy improves with non mediocre players around him.

That's slighting the data dude. The year before he had 113 tackles in 15 starts. :3w:

Ok, in 28 starts he had 165 tackles... a 6 tackle/game average... is that the type of production you want from your starting middle linebacker? Crowder sucks! :3w:

I agree Crowder was good value as a 3rd round draft pick, but he has a big contract. He got his big contract extension so he has to play up to it now. I think the FO was banking on the fact that Crowder would improve his play last year, he did not.

The fact that we brought in a very solid ILB in via the draft in A.J. Edds is not a very good sign for Crowder. Anything short of a career year for Crowder could spell the end for his tenure in Miami.

Fact is Crowder has a large contract and if the FO thinks Edds can play as well or better than Crowder by the 2011 season, Crowder WILL be cut after this year. That is of course Crowder somehow learns to makes plays via sacks and INTs.

I understand some people don't like the unnecessary attention Channing Crowder brings to himself and the team via his antics on (Matt Light Brawl), and off (Rex Ryan "brawl") the field.

However when you take a look at the production he's given over the past 5 seasons, The Dolphins found very good value in the 3rd round selection. When you start to take a look at any of the noteworthy ILB's or MLB's that came out of the 2005 draft in rounds 1-3, you'll see he stacks up quite comparatively.

key*
TT= Total Tackles// ST= Solo Tackle's // S= Sacks // I= Interceptions

~1st Round~

Derrick Johnson | #56 | ILB (15 overall)

TT- 386
ST- 317
S- 13
I- 6

~2nd Round~

Barrett Ruud | #51 | MLB (36 overall)

TT- 467
ST- 344
S- 3
I- 5

Kevin Burnett | #99 | ILB (42 overall)

TT- 212
T- 164
S- 6.5
I- 1

Lofa Tatupu | #51 | MLB (45 overall)

TT- 461
ST- 345
S- 7.5
I- 9

~3rd Round~

Channing Crowder | #52 | ILB (70 overall)

TT- 430
ST- 310
S- 2.5
I- 1

Kirk Morrison | # | LB (78 overall)

TT- 631
ST- 496
S- 5
I- 7

--

430 Total Tackles over 5 years 'aint bad for a 3rd rounder, & 5/5 years of being a starter 'aint bad neither.

Or maybe we should start hoping for more 3rd rounders like Derek Hagan & Lorenzo Booker :)

:hump:

Obviously I didn't list every LB from that draft, just the ones I felt were noteworthy. All of the LB's can be found hurrr
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NFL_Draft

One Love Broseidons, Lord's of the Broceans.

I'm looking at the Int's and sacks. Tackles don't mean that much. But his lack of Int's and sacks shows he does not make impact plays. We got decent value out of him but he is very expendable in my opinion and we could do a lot better.

This thread is ridiculous...Crowder was picked in the third round and his stats are better than some of the players drafted in the same round...big deal. He still sucks...he is a liability in coverage and gets run over at the point of attack. Let's put him up against Jason Taylor who was a third rounder and compare stats or how about our fifth rounder Zach Thomas...both these guys were pro bowlers and that is something Crowder will never experience. NUFF SAID!

Call me a hater...I hate losing and Crowder isn't the leader we need in the middle which is obvious not only to the average fan, but also the Miami Dolphins coaches, which is why they signed Carlos Dansby and drafted so many linebackers in the draft. Crowders days in Miami are numbered...here is hoping they sign Adalias Thomas and CUT Chandra..this would be huge for the new look Dolphin defense.

Back
Top Bottom