Y'all hatin' | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Y'all hatin'

clear.gif

I THOUGHT HURRICANE SEASON WAS OVA

I am conflicted with Channing Crowder.

Positive; I feel his production on field overall has exceeded his 3rd round pick and he is worthy of a starting spot. Zach Thomas stated that he is a good ILB but has been let down by his opposite ILB in 3-4.

Negataive; Running his mouth and seeming to side with Porter; I cannot get out of my mind that time he run from the Patriots, made my stomach turn!

Channing Crowder does not make very many big plays. With him, it seems like the most memorable plays are when he misses tackles at crucial points in the game. It does not matter what round he was selected in. Zack Thomas was selected in what...the 5th round? You either have the play making ability, or you don't. After 5 seasons with CC, we can definably upgrade the position. The player that replaces him might very well be on the roster right now. CC would make a nice back up.

What's this thread about? To show 5 other ILBs from his draft class who have outproduced Crowder while playing less?

Definitely one of our better recent late round picks, to be sure.

First up, the 3rd round is not a late round. It is a round that you should be able to draft an impact player. So far, Crowder has not made much of an impact. Second, if you want to compare his stats with others, focus on a very glaring lack of SACKS. He gets no pressure on a QB. He is not disruptive in the back field and his lack of INT's and FF shows he is not a play maker. Additionally, the majority of his tackles are made down field.

Dansby alone being on the field will not improve Crowders play. Dansby needs to take Crowder behind the wood shed and make a solid impression on him.

I'm perfectly fine with Crowder playing second fiddle to Dansby now.

My knocks on him are that he's not a playmaker, sometimes he doesn't give any effort on plays, and he talks too much (i.e. the Joey Porter situation, the Rex Ryan fracas).

I guess people are happy with mediocre play. First the Ginn people came out and gave every excuse in the book. The final one being "Now that he has a true #1"...sounds kinda like the excuse i'm hearing from the Chowder fan boys " Now that he has a true #1".

52 tackles is what he put up after signing a new deal. 52 tackles and doesn't play ST. 52 tackles .... explain it any way you wish people, but his season was pathetic. If he thinks his job is safe...he hasn't learned a thing being around this FO.

I'm perfectly fine with Crowder playing second fiddle to Dansby now.

My knocks on him are that he's not a playmaker, sometimes he doesn't give any effort on plays, and he talks too much (i.e. the Joey Porter situation, the Rex Ryan fracas).

:bobdole:

Mediocre play...and your fine with it.:crazy::chuckle:

Lies, damn lies and statistics...Crowder makes lots of tackles, but when I have watched him play his tackles are usually downfield, chasing guys from behind. he needs to tackle at line of scrimmage and make more impact plays....

Back
Top Bottom