Yanks VS Mets! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yanks VS Mets!

I was actually rooting for the Yankees to win on Wednesday so that the Mets could break their win streak.

Pedro's injury is worrying me. He gets pushed back two days...doesn't sound good.

Zambrano on Friday night sounds downright frightening.

Sign me out...

A pessimistic Mets fan.

Nothing would thrill me more than to see Pedro step up and quiet all the "Who's your daddy" chants from the idiot Yankee fans. To the tune of about 7 IP 0 ER and 10 K's. Mets win 4-1 on a Doug Mientkiewicz grand slam off Rivera in the 9th. :lol:

Petey is still pitching in the Subway series even though he got pushed back a couple of days due to discomfort, right? :confused:

Pedro is fine, and said he would have started friday, they are just pushing him back to be safe.

Both sides are playing down the series, but I think both have something to prove. yeah the yankees went on a nice streak, but played nobody, so they want to keep it up. And the Mets will always be measured by the Yankees, so they want to beat them.

Should be fun!

Pedro had a cortisone shot in his right hip....I don't consider that playing it safe, I consider that something really wrong with him. He has already admitted that he has had discomfort for the past two starts, one of which was on SEVEN days rest.

Beating the Reds is easy...the Yankees are not the Reds.

Fischfan13 said:
Pedro had a cortisone shot in his right hip....I don't consider that playing it safe, I consider that something really wrong with him. He has already admitted that he has had discomfort for the past two starts, one of which was on SEVEN days rest.

Beating the Reds is easy...the Yankees are not the Reds.

I understand, I still pitch in a 35 and older league, and pitched all my life. Sometimes little things like that happen, my knees got inflammed along with my hip more times then I can count. most times its a tissue/muscle thing. If it bothers you over a period of time you get a shot and a few days rest and your okay. Sometimes it's something bad. They did an MRI on him and found nothing but inflamation. So I'm hopefull! :wink:

As I said, it should be a fun series.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I understand, I still pitch in a 35 and older league, and pitched all my life. Sometimes little things like that happen, my knees got inflammed along with my hip more times then I can count. most times its a tissue/muscle thing. If it bothers you over a period of time you get a shot and a few days rest and your okay. Sometimes it's something bad. They did an MRI on him and found nothing but inflamation. So I'm hopefull! :wink:

As I said, it should be a fun series.

Goodluck gentlemen, I'm sure the Mets will give them all they can handle. At least Jamie Moyer isn't on your staff, that guy s*cks and the Yankees own his sorry *ss.

In the meantime, it will be nice to see the Orioles play someone other than the Royals, although I'm not sure the Phillies are much of a step up. :shakeno:
Although I'm not sure I should be talking, the Sox just came back from their West Coast swing at 2-4 against the Mariners and A's.

Yankees will win the series. Not sure if they will sweep because I could see Pedro beating Wang on Sunday but the Yankees at the very least will take 2 out of 3 IMO!

Bet at the start of the season you didn't think you'd be playing the Mets for bragging rights for NY. I'm in the same boat with the other L.A. team(Dodgers) my Angels play them this weekend also.Goodluck against the Mets,still looking forward to playing your Yanks come post-season.:tongue:

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Yankees will win the series. Not sure if they will sweep because I could see Pedro beating Wang on Sunday but the Yankees at the very least will take 2 out of 3 IMO!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

Awfully confident with that pathetic staff you are throwing out there..

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Our staff is fine!

Yeah, Wang, Wright, Brown and Pavano (looks damn good!!) :roflmao:

That's gonna strike alot of fear into teams. Hell even the Unit doesn't look sharp for you guys. That staff better take it to another level or you guys are s*rewed.

Nothing would thrill me more than to see Pedro step up and quiet all the "Who's your daddy" chants from the idiot Yankee fans. To the tune of about 7 IP 0 ER and 10 K's.

this isn't late 90s-early 00's Pedro, he hasn't pitched great against the yanks since then and he choked against us in the playoffs the last 2 years. Even when pedro was great we always managed to beat Boston, it was usually against their pen but we have a grat record in games in which Pedro starts.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Yeah, Wang, Wright, Brown and Pavano (looks damn good!!) :roflmao:

That's gonna strike alot of fear into teams. Hell even the Unit doesn't look sharp for you guys. That staff better take it to another level or you guys are s*rewed.

The same staff that went 10-1 against oak and Sea while Bos lost 4 of 6 in their last 6 to those 2 teams.

Back
Top Bottom