Yannick Ngakoue | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yannick Ngakoue

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Would you give the Jags a first round pick for Yannick Ngakoue? Curious.

Like the player, but then you're not only losing a pick and spending a lot of money, you're also moving Ogbah and Lawson further down the depth chart making their signings questionable. Sure you need depth, but they're being paid to be more than just deep depth guys. Ngakoue is seeking to be paid in the $20 million range and that seems to be more than what Miami's willing to pay.

I’d give up a 2nd and a 6th. He’s a beast and would help improve our DL immediately. Just think... of one of our 2nd rounders became as good as him wouldn’t you think it was a great pick? Might as well go ahead and use it

Because of the salary he would demand, I certainly wouldn’t trade a first round pick for him. Perhaps the Dolphins 2nd round pick they received from the Saints but that’s about it.

I’d give up a 2nd and a 6th. He’s a beast and would help improve our DL immediately. Just think... of one of our 2nd rounders became as good as him wouldn’t you think it was a great pick? Might as well go ahead and use it

When is the last time anyone we've drafted been as good as Ngakoue? I would give them two second rounders for him...one this year and in 2021. He's a difference maker. Even with those guys we've signed, now we would have an elite pass rusher and this team would still be young. We still have plenty of draft picks to pick up our QB and fix our oline.

Everyone says, "build through the draft". That hasn't been working for us. Build through good players.

I doubt for a minute they would even entertain two second rd picks...he's probably worth a first and second, but you can't have everything.

Absolutely not. He's too small to play full-time DE in this system, and he has no experience at LB. He'd basically be a situational pass rusher in a D that doesn't value pass rushers enough to pay him a big contract - even without giving up a premium pick.

The draft is the path we need to take to find a pass rusher. I want us to grow/develop our own Yannick so to speak. Id love a guy like Kinlaw come on down to Miami for some talent cultivation.

The guy is a bad@ass. A first is a lot but he's 24 and a proven thing vs a rookie who might or might not be anywhere near as good. Yeah, I'd do it if we were going to go DE anyway in round one.

I dont see us using any 1st on def in the draft with the condition our oline is in plus I think we are pretty solid up front. I want a Qb, OL, stud rb. What we are going to get most likely is QB, OL, OL in that order and maybe even another OL with our first #2.

Not until after we pick Tua. I see the Jags as potential competition if they move Foles, giving them more draft capital could work against us. I love this player though.

Back
Top Bottom