Yannick Ngakoue | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yannick Ngakoue

I’d give up a 2nd and a 6th. He’s a beast and would help improve our DL immediately. Just think... of one of our 2nd rounders became as good as him wouldn’t you think it was a great pick? Might as well go ahead and use it

Sure you would but you're not paying a second round pick $18 million a year either.

True but exceptional players like Ngakoue should be paid that much.

Elite players at positions of influence should be where your $$$ goes.

We can argue about whether he is one or not but true stud pass rushers are rare and have a big impact on winning.

I am living in Jax and have watched almost every Jag game since Ngakoue arrived. He is fantastic. Reminds me a little of a younger Wake. When Fowler was the other DE here Ngakoue was much better. He had a slow start last season because of a long holdout (there have been problems here with the recently fired GM) but came on strong the second half. Word here is that the Jags expect a late 1st round to early 2nd pick and that he wants 20-22 m yr contract. I would not be surprised if several teams haven't called and I sure hope the Dolphins have. He is that good.

Would you give the Jags a first round pick for Yannick Ngakoue? Curious.

No way! You can not give up a 1st round pick to them. That gives them more draft ammo to move up.

I'd give them the Texans 2, just because he wants a massive deal.

Not saying that this is "the" choice or that we are considering either -- but if you are choosing between:

* Giving $20M+ per season + 1st round draft pick for Ngakoue
* Giving $20M+ per season + no draft compensation for Clowney

Give me Clowney. He may do a 2-year deal at this point that gives him adequate annual compensation and another bite at the apple <30.

Say what you will about him wanting to be on a contender, but you wouldn't have wanted to be here either in September 2019. I'm sure the other moves we've made are enough to convince him that we want to win.

Is he versatile, in that he can play DE&LB or DE&DT?
Is he equally yoked at playing run and pass?

Ngakoue is better than Clowney. Younger, more durable, more productive.

I don't think it is all that close, actually.

I would be willing to risk investing a high draft pick and big money in a player like him at his age.

Miami has spent a lot of cash the last few days but they were all short term deals with younger players, not a ton of risk in any of them beyond the Jones deal.

They have a ton of draft picks over the next two years which means they will be able to load the roster with young talent that comes with the financial stability of slotted rookie deals.

This is the time and the type of player on which to risk that kind of deal.

I would seriously consider this.

Last edited:
Not until after we pick Tua. I see the Jags as potential competition if they move Foles, giving them more draft capital could work against us. I love this player though.

I think it makes sense after the draft too.

I don’t suspect we will land a top DL in this draft so I’d be ok with taking the wait and see approach. Only problem there is you might find a lot of teams willing to throw future assets at them to land the DE they missed out on.

but like you said, the QB is the focus for now. Along with an OT.

One thing is certainly true, whichever squad lands him will go beyond all expected goals - more wins - in 2020/21 (guaranteed!). You can take that fact to the bank! I am more than sure that our FO is bending over-backwards to reach a deal with Jacksonville. Enough said.

Screenshot_20200318-180843.jpg

I
One thing is certainly true, whichever squad lands him will go beyond all expected goals - more wins - in 2020/21 (guaranteed!). You can take that fact to the bank! I am more than sure that our FO is bending over-backwards to reach a deal with Jacksonville. Enough said.

View attachment 41935
What makes you think that we are trying to trade for him?

Back
Top Bottom