Yannick Ngakoue | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yannick Ngakoue

It was asked if he is good against the run. I had said he reminds me of Wake- constant pressures, sacks, stripping the ball. Neither is good against the run, but Ngakoue is prob better as I don't think he plays as wide. I'm thinking our 2A pick, but it might take 1C. Again Minshew (who reminds me of Fran Tarkentan) is like a god up here and had a very good 1st year with little support and constant pressure. There has been no indication Jax is looking for a QB, but you never know. Also they have so many weaknesses- CB, S, LT, DT, DE- that it appears they will draft for those needs since their coach is in a win or else year. It's funny, though, how teams are emulating us by trading away established veterans (tanking).

It was asked if he is good against the run. I had said he reminds me of Wake- constant pressures, sacks, stripping the ball. Neither is good against the run, but Ngakoue is prob better as I don't think he plays as wide. I'm thinking our 2A pick, but it might take 1C. Again Minshew (who reminds me of Fran Tarkentan) is like a god up here and had a very good 1st year with little support and constant pressure. There has been no indication Jax is looking for a QB, but you never know. Also they have so many weaknesses- CB, S, LT, DT, DE- that it appears they will draft for those needs since their coach is in a win or else year. It's funny, though, how teams are emulating us by trading away established veterans (tanking).
You’re not getting a 1st- the team who gets him has to shell out 18-20 a year for him. 2nd is more than fair

Update: Yannick Ngakoue wants to go to Philadelphia. Oh well...nothing is set in stone yet, hope? Maybe not. Bummer.

Personally I believe that The Fins need to build the rest of their team and continue to fill out their roster through the Draft and UDFA's. Just my opinion.

Apparently Philly has already offered a 1st round pick, in 2021. So that's the starting point for any other team who's interested.

I'd rather build a pass rush out of scheme packages using several different moderately-priced players than banking on one or two high-cost, superstar pass rushers to carry your team. The financial risks are too great, tie up too much money if the player's motor drops off - not to mention if that one superstar gets injured like 70% of your pass rush disappears!

I've wanted this guy since he played at Maryland, but I don't think he's a good fit in a multiple defense. As a 4-3 edge, definitely.

The previous post of X for Ngakoue may work. CB is a big weakness for Jax even after signing one in free agency.

The previous post of X for Ngakoue may work. CB is a big weakness for Jax even after signing one in free agency.
Jax is rebuilding. It will not work in any way. Miami will not even sniff this until after the draft. They need a QB and LT. They are not giving up assets now to weaken that pursuit.

weird... read this as

Yannick Noah

anyone remember him???

:lol:

You’re not getting a 1st- the team who gets him has to shell out 18-20 a year for him. 2nd is more than fair

Last year Frank Clark was traded for a 1st and the Chiefs gave him 20+mil a year.

Last year Frank Clark was traded for a 1st and the Chiefs gave him 20+mil a year.
They did, along with a second rounder this year. That’s a questionable amount of compensation - but they were a Super Bowl contender and went for it. It worked.

Back
Top Bottom