Yard Work - Weekly Chalk Talk | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yard Work - Weekly Chalk Talk

Very good observations, Alf. I was unaware of the one late in the first half where Fitzpatrick missed Gesicki. Great find. The run block where Smythe came across the formation to seal off the hole for Gaskin was a good one too. You can see why the coaches like him.

Gaskin is a nice back but I’d agree you’d like more juice there. We need dynamic playmakers on both sides of the ball. That’s the next step in the progression.

So looks like that first play to Metcalf wasn't all on Howard like some were saying. That also means a vast majority of Metcalf's receiving yards came on a bust in coverage on the play shown here and a missed tackle by Howard on a hitch pass.

Last edited:
Very good observations, Alf. I was unaware of the one late in the first half where Fitzpatrick missed Gesicki. Great find. The run block where Smythe came across the formation to seal off the hole for Gaskin was a good one too. You can see why the coaches like him.

Gaskin is a nice back but I’d agree you’d like more juice there. We need dynamic playmakers on both sides of the ball. That’s the next step in the progression.
Funny how Gaskin as a ~23 yr old plays like Frank gore as a 37 yr old

That it great stuff, Alf, I actually followed it. That missed read to Gesicki is horrendous for a vet who's been in the league as long as he has. It has me wondering a little if Fitz is really the person Tua should be learning from. Appreciate the effort you go into here and sharing this stuff with us.

Back
Top Bottom