yeremiah bell vs. the jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

yeremiah bell vs. the jets

InSabanWeTrust1

Section 238 row 6
Reaction score
was it me or was he the one who got beat on the 3 long plays? they kept saying his name on the broadcast as cotchery and coles caught passes. Is it possible he was going for the big play instead of just making the tackle?

i love this guy but last night it kept looking like he was out of position.

Its only 1 game!! Hes a Future Star With Miami

he also blew the coverage in the Buffalo game which led to Robert Royal's touchdown.

While I like is fast-paced physical style of play, it is easy to see now why Saban did not play him regularly earlier in the year....he is mistake prone. I have faith that that can change with experience.

he also blew the coverage in the Buffalo game which led to Robert Royal's touchdown.
He actually had a couple of bad plays vs. Buffalo, though I only specifically recall the Royal's touchdown right now. He may improve, but I believe this is his third year, and if he's going to be the man, he's really going to need to pick up his game.

He actually had a couple of bad plays vs. Buffalo, though I only specifically recall the Royal's touchdown right now. He may improve, but I believe this is his third year, and if he's going to be the man, he's really going to need to pick up his game.
It was Will Allen who blew that play instead of going after Royal he stayed behind and covered noone. I think Yeremiah Bell on the other hand was helping the other safety with the crossing pattern. In any case they both blew it.

What bothered me more is that Bell is taking the wrong angle to the runner to make the tackle. That caused a number of other issues and extra yards for the Jets. People are going to beat you deep sometimes. However, you have to be disciplined in tackling, and he has blown this a few times (not just against the Jets).

It was Will Allen who blew that play instead of going after Royal he stayed behind and covered noone. I think Yeremiah Bell on the other hand was helping the other safety with the crossing pattern. In any case they both blew it.

That is exactly how it happened. Will Allens fault.

He seems like he's playng for himself(stats) and not the team. Who cares who gets the tackle or the pick? Don't give up the big one!

What bothered me more is that Bell is taking the wrong angle to the runner to make the tackle. That caused a number of other issues and extra yards for the Jets. People are going to beat you deep sometimes. However, you have to be disciplined in tackling, and he has blown this a few times (not just against the Jets).

Bell missed a few tackles, but remember how wet it was... a lot of defenders were slipping. When it's wet, it's always more of a disadvantage to the defense in terms of open field tackling.

Also, I thought Bell showed impressive recovery speed. He was beat by L. Coles I think on one play, and recovered, but was called for a questionable pass interference play. On the touchdown he gave up, I think a lot of the credit has to go to Pennington. Bell was underneath, and had help over the top and Pennington put it right on the money. If the ball was thrown a couple inches shorter, Bell would have defleted it, maybe even could've gotten the pick.

Bottom line, Bell in my opinion is a future star at safety. Yes, this is his thrid year in the legue and he's already 28 years old, but he's never gotten as much playing time as he did this season. This season meant a lot to him in his development, and I think he'lll only get better. He seems to have all the tools. I would think a lot of Dolfans would agree.

For Bell to help out Hill on the crossing pattern, he had to leave his area of responsibility. If a corner is expecting over the top help and that help is not there...In other words, Bell got suckered by the Bills due to his overaggressive nature.

Bell missed a few tackles, but remember how wet it was... a lot of defenders were slipping. When it's wet, it's always more of a disadvantage to the defense in terms of open field tackling.

Also, I thought Bell showed impressive recovery speed. He was beat by L. Coles I think on one play, and recovered, but was called for a questionable pass interference play. On the touchdown he gave up, I think a lot of the credit has to go to Pennington. Bell was underneath, and had help over the top and Pennington put it right on the money. If the ball was thrown a couple inches shorter, Bell would have defleted it, maybe even could've gotten the pick.

Bottom line, Bell in my opinion is a future star at safety. Yes, this is his thrid year in the legue and he's already 28 years old, but he's never gotten as much playing time as he did this season. This season meant a lot to him in his development, and I think he'lll only get better. He seems to have all the tools. I would think a lot of Dolfans would agree.
a couple of inches shorter? Bell was froze when the reciever ran by. He was lucky to be as close as he was! He was burned all night! Forget the rain. They all had to deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom