Yes, more tape of Eichenberg. Watch him lineup on the right side as well. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yes, more tape of Eichenberg. Watch him lineup on the right side as well.

Ha ha. You must have me confused with someone else buddy. My response to you was my first post in this thread and I just pointed out that you were already comparing Sewell to two of the greatest offensive tackles in NFL history. It sounds like maybe you have some kooky bizarre takes.
Lol all mainstream scouting services have literally compared him to Munoz. Hes the best OT in decades. He won the outland trophy and Morris trophy as a 19 year old sophomore. Multiple scouting services have said even in last years strong ot class, he would go #1 ot

Penei sewell has the build of a basketball player. Hes 6'5 330 but looks 250ish. He moves like a gymnast but has the power of a Quinton Nelson or Jake long. Hes a great player dude. If my favorite team buffalo had the #1 pick I'd take him in a second and put Dawkins inside

y’all need to get over this blind side stuff. Eich don’t have nfl left tackle feet or short area quickness for it. Athlete is marginal too. Kinda stiff. Im not sure he has tackle period either of those things. But you know we played hunt at tackle when that wasn’t ideal either...

if I was gonna put eich at tackle it would be right side.
I'm not somone that buys into the blind side stuff (pretty sure we've actually had a discussion about this. could be wrong). But teams do tend to put their best pass blocker on that side for that exact reason though.

But many defenses have adjusted to teams placing their weaker blocker on the right side and use it to their advantage by playing their better pass rusher there. Just some examples of top rushers that play on the left side of the defense are the Watt and Bosa bro's. There are a lot more.

And I'm not even necessarily disagreeing with your assessment of some of his athletic deficiencies. He has plenty of traits I really like tho.

I'm just trying understand why you don't think he stands a chance on the left and should def play right, while simultaneously not believing that the blindside has any true importance.

What would be the real relevance of him not "resembling other LT's" then? Those guys, for the most part, are simply the better Tackles and got put there due to teams still heavily valuing blindside protection.

I do agree he'll likely end up on the right if he wins an OT job tho.

Last edited:
I'm not somone that buys into the blind side stuff (pretty sure we've actually had a discussion about this. could be wrong). But teams do tend to put their best pass blocker on that side for that exact reason though.

But many defenses have adjusted to teams placing their weaker blocker on the right side and use it to their advantage by playing their better pass rusher there. Just some examples of top rushers that play on the left side of the defense are the Watt and Bosa bro's. There are a lot more.

And I'm not even necessarily disagreeing with your assessment of some of his athletic deficiencies. He has plenty of traits I really like tho.

I'm just trying understand why you don't think he stands a chance on the left and should def play right, while simultaneously not believing that the blindside has any true importance.

What would be the real relevance of him not "resembling other LT's" then? Those guys, for the most part, are simply the better Tackles and got put there due to teams still heavily valuing blindside protection.

I do agree he'll likely end up on the right if he wins an OT job tho.
I don't think it's any more complicated than Austin Jackson was really good as a rookie and has better athletic skills. Jackson was a hit, if it's not broken dont try to fix it....

I don't think it's any more complicated than Austin Jackson was really good as a rookie and has better athletic skills. Jackson was a hit, if it's not broken dont try to fix it....
Really don't disagree w that at all. Why I said I expect Eich to be RT if he wins a Tackle spot.

Tho I wouldn't say Jackson was really good. But he was the 3rd youngest player in the league and held his own until he got hurt. I see the potential and hope he lives up to it.

could get Radunz, who I think much better tackle, without trade

This from his senior year either due to injury or weight gain to project for the next level is slow and sluggish and plays with a wide base and lunging. Slow redirect poor feet and not the same sustain a moving target in space/second level.

no way top 50 grade pick tackle on this tape

Nothing but respect for you Hoops and I am well aware you have forgotten more than I know but based on that video I’m not seeing it the same way as you are.

His awareness on stunts is terrific, stands his man up and rarely allowed pressure while the rest of the line was collapsing around him. Only beaten badly once on a stunt/spin move. Ian Book must be incredibly hard to block for because of his running around all the time.

I could nitpick here and there but if that is him at his worst I will definitely take it.

Lol all mainstream scouting services have literally compared him to Munoz. Hes the best OT in decades. He won the outland trophy and Morris trophy as a 19 year old sophomore. Multiple scouting services have said even in last years strong ot class, he would go #1 ot
Do you know how many times I’ve heard prospects compared to all time greats over the years? It happens every year. Sewell is a good prospect, but let’s not pretend there isn’t any question that he will live up to his projections.

This is a interesting article on Tackles.

There is so much to like about Liam. I hope it was worth the trade up.
Im old school to a fault , I do respect Gil brand maybe to fault
He had Liam third round Tevin Jenkins top twenty,
anyways we go forward .
Hoping for a winner just like for the last 50 plus years

I guess it won’t post the article from bleacher report on what makes a great nfl tackle

just search that it’s a great read

Nothing but respect for you Hoops and I am well aware you have forgotten more than I know but based on that video I’m not seeing it the same way as you are.

His awareness on stunts is terrific, stands his man up and rarely allowed pressure while the rest of the line was collapsing around him. Only beaten badly once on a stunt/spin move. Ian Book must be incredibly hard to block for because of his running around all the time.

I could nitpick here and there but if that is him at his worst I will definitely take it.

i don’t question his awareness

Do you know how many times I’ve heard prospects compared to all time greats over the years? It happens every year. Sewell is a good prospect, but let’s not pretend there isn’t any question that he will live up to his projections.
That's the case with any prospect lol. That's not an argument against consensus scouting and common sense. Of course peyton manning and luck could bust, it's not likely tho

And sewell is not a " good" prospect. Hes a generational prospect.

Back
Top Bottom