Yesterday was a necessary part of the rebuilding process | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yesterday was a necessary part of the rebuilding process

ThePeopleShow13

Club Member
Reaction score
I firmly believe yesterday was a wake up call for the players, coaching staff, front office, ownership and fan base.

We have the least talented 53 man roster in the NFL. We have maybe 5 guys who would immediately start on another NFL team and one of them is a kicker. We have guys who started that were cut from other teams a week ago.

I understand people had expectations for our defense, but you have to take a step back and look at things realistically. We barely had the personnel for a base 4-3 last season and now we are running a multiple front. We have no true NT or OLB that can rush the passer. We have one boundary corner and a slot CB starting at FS. Most of our front 7 are playing out of position.

The Ravens won a playoff game last year and totally rebuilt their offense to suit Jackson in the offseason. We put a joke product out on the field and a physical opponent ruthlessly took advantage of it.

You can blame the coaches. I certainly don’t think they deserve a free pass. However, the reality is we aren’t a QB away from being a playoff team. We are 2-3 years from putting a winning product on the field IF, and that is a big IF, we do everything right. I know fans wanted the best of both worlds where we are competitive, but still get a great draft pick...it simply doesn’t work that way.

This is what rock bottom feels like. It sucks, but the point of this season is to see what players and staff want to be here when things are horrible. They are the men and women you build around as an organization. We are going to lose a lot of games this year. I think 16 weeks from now the team will be in a better place even if we fail to win a game.

Going to get worse before it gets better..hold on!!

I had a great time watching the game. Course I started Lamar and Ingram in fantasy fully expecting this to happen. Wish I'd have grabbed Brown too though. Lol

My number 1 fantasy rule is to never have a Miami player on my team and to start players and defenses when they are against us. Works out well for me, lol. Gotta win somewhere I guess.

Going to get worse before it gets better..hold on!!
How can it get worse?

They are going up against the oldest QB in the league and Gronk retired.

Where are the offensive weapons that can make plays and put points on the board?

;)

OK Dalton but we aren't talking the Double Deuce here.
Double Deuce or the Dolphins. Regardless. Same thing. Our bouncers and bartenders been banging patrons and selling drugs and stealing money while they are on the job. I just hope we have a Dalton to clean this joint up. Brad Wesley is Kraft btw.

Interesting side-post: Who from our starting 53 would start for a top 10 team (Chargers, Ravens, Cowboys, Rams etc)???

I count only 5
-Sanders, K, very consistent and good range, able to hit from mid 50s
-Haack, P, inconsistent, shanks one or two every 3 games, but aside from that is a top 10 punter in terms of pinning teams deep
-Howard, CB, would be CB1 or CB2 on any team in the league
-Jones, SS, even though he goes rogue, still talented enough to qualify as top 15 SS in league
-Wilson, WR, he was WR3 or 4 in KC

Interesting side-post: Who from our starting 53 would start for a top 10 team (Chargers, Ravens, Cowboys, Rams etc)???

I count only 5
-Sanders, K, very consistent and good range, able to hit from mid 50s
-Haack, P, inconsistent, shanks one or two every 3 games, but aside from that is a top 10 punter in terms of pinning teams deep
-Howard, CB, would be CB1 or CB2 on any team in the league
-Jones, SS, even though he goes rogue, still talented enough to qualify as top 15 SS in league
-Wilson, WR, he was WR3 or 4 in KC
So?

I understand the long term gains but that sucked donkey dongs and Tua is no Dan Marino. I’ll suffer for the next Marino but not for a poor mans Drew Brees.

I understand what's going on, but yesterday was unacceptable. A few more like that will only make me believe Flores is in over his head. I'm already of the opinion the Grier rebuild will be an absolute car crash. His early round picks looked terrible.

I'm all for completely tearing down and rebuilding this dumpster fire but being unprepared is unacceptable. The Pats will spank them but stop the ridiculous penalties, looking lost in coverage and improve play in the trench's.

Back
Top Bottom