Yesterday was a necessary part of the rebuilding process | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yesterday was a necessary part of the rebuilding process

Only people who should find the game unacceptable around here are the ones who feel we are not trying to tank this season. I thought there were only 1 or 2 guys including me who thought that way. And yes i am disappointed. But it seems many cannot make up their minds. If u want them to lose whats there to be upset about? They did what u wanted be happy not sad. Dont be mad at flores or anyone. Be happy for every one. Cheer up. They are sticking to your plan it seems...

Necessary but the extremes we’re going to could be damaging. Too many people seem to think that once we lose every game and get to the draft the hard bit is over.

“The 59–10 loss to the Ravens on Sunday, while also an indication of how far Lamar Jackson has come in a year, was entirely pathetic by the Dolphins. In the wake of that drubbing, a Pro Football Talk report on Sunday night indicated that players have already been contacting their agents and “directed them to attempt to engineer trades elsewhere.” Even if that turns out not to be as widespread, a large swath of the team certainly played like it. It’s simple to see what an emotionally gutted NFL roster looks like, and as players become more aware of the fact that they’re simply paving stone for a Miami team far, far away from where they are now, they’re more likely to consider personal health and longevity elsewhere first.

Brian Flores has skated by despite his prodding of Kenny Stills, which ultimately ended in a trade to Houston. He dealt the franchise’s cornerstone left tackle, who was the only thing protecting the evaluation project at quarterback, Josh Rosen (who isn’t starting, anyway). Obviously the long-term strategy is to burn it all down, but as a head coach, you have to possess the emotional finesse to build it back up again without much emotional equity from your remaining player base.

I'm all for completely tearing down and rebuilding this dumpster fire but being unprepared is unacceptable. The Pats will spank them but stop the ridiculous penalties, looking lost in coverage and improve play in the trench's.

I went back and rewatched every play of the game with a focus on the defense. I saw a lot guys in our front 7 and secondary playing out of position. We don’t have a NT. We don’t have an OLB that can pressure the QB. We don’t have a FS or 2nd boundary CB. We don’t have the personnel to run a multiple front and it showed with the inability to win at the LoS to stop the run and the inability to pressure the QB hanging guys in coverage out to dry. I do not believe the players or coaches get an excuse for the performance. But this is a super young team with a first year coaching staff and there are going to be growing pains. We have to take the season 1 week at a time and see what gets fixed and what areas we improve in.

7-9,8-8,9-7,6-10,5-11 or anything below 10 wins means you dont make the playoffs so why continue in that pattern?

Ignore the product this year...Heck if it helps get a secondary team that you know IS good and closet pull for them (KC anyone?) until this mess is cleaned up but know one thing. This is a necessary step to turning the tide in Miami and if they dont do it right at every step it may still mean they will be in the cellar for a long time.

Necessary but the extremes we’re going to could be damaging. Too many people seem to think that once we lose every game and get to the draft the hard bit is over.

“The 59–10 loss to the Ravens on Sunday, while also an indication of how far Lamar Jackson has come in a year, was entirely pathetic by the Dolphins. In the wake of that drubbing, a Pro Football Talk report on Sunday night indicated that players have already been contacting their agents and “directed them to attempt to engineer trades elsewhere.” Even if that turns out not to be as widespread, a large swath of the team certainly played like it. It’s simple to see what an emotionally gutted NFL roster looks like, and as players become more aware of the fact that they’re simply paving stone for a Miami team far, far away from where they are now, they’re more likely to consider personal health and longevity elsewhere first.

Brian Flores has skated by despite his prodding of Kenny Stills, which ultimately ended in a trade to Houston. He dealt the franchise’s cornerstone left tackle, who was the only thing protecting the evaluation project at quarterback, Josh Rosen (who isn’t starting, anyway). Obviously the long-term strategy is to burn it all down, but as a head coach, you have to possess the emotional finesse to build it back up again without much emotional equity from your remaining player base.

Flores is in a tough position to coach this team. I agree with the method they've chosen to just nuke everything and gain as much ammo as possible to build the team they're going to try to compete with in 3 years. About 5 of the players on this current roster may even be part of it in the end. But it puts the coaches in a predicament, and it's puts what little leadership you have left in terms of players on the field in a tough predicament.

As long as everyone can look themselves in the mirror and know they've put in an honest day's work for their paychecks - and gave all they had to perform their task, you can live with the results. You're building something. Only the players and coaches themselves know the answer to these questions.

They wanted the worst roster in the league this year and that's exactly what they have. But like I said from the beginning - I don't think you evaluate the coaches based on a roster this inadequate.

If I were everyone, I'd be more concerned with Chris Grier being in control of all these draft picks and money.

A superbowl team littered with Hall of Famers should be the end result of the position they're in. No excuses. Otherwise, one of the best opportunities any team has ever had to build themselves into a contender will have been squandered away.

I'm interested in seeing if the approach Grier is taking will be standard operating procedure.

If Grier continues to make smart trades like he did with the Saints this year (pick 62, pick 202 and 2nd round pick in 2020 in exchange for picks 48 and 116), extends deserving Dolphin players beyond their rookie contracts and manages the salary cap responsibly then I see him lasting a long time.

If Grier takes the approach everything is dependent around the 2020 and 2021 drafts and trades multiple picks to move up in draft, using future year picks to move up in 2020 and/or 2021 and trying to make a big splash overpaying in FA like the Suh deal then I'm all for getting rid of his ass as soon as possible.

Hoping it's the former.

I’m not a Grier fan I’m just holding on to hope that the personnel team assembled can come to better conclusions than in the past.

He hired Flores, and I think Flores is what we need, so I’m open to the relationship, imo I think this is about as tough of job anyone can ask from a first year head coach..

This franchise, this team, for decades has shown so many negative traits, I think in Flores, you have someone with a mission to make something right that hasn’t been right in so long, that you are nowseeing backlash on multiple levels, players, media.etc.

The front office and this coaching staff believes in this plan, and so do I..We needed to blow up this whole thing, and in doing so, no one but the people in that room is gonna believe, but they shouldn’t care, just stick...to...the ..plan...and when incompetent decision makers want to give you more assets for a player than they are worth, you pounce, and when players are wanting more than their market worth, let them walk, and if players, don’t want to be a part of the future, it’s cool, I would look to trade you for assets..and when the media wants to act like they know better then the men in that room, shut them out and focus on the mission..

Once again, this was a necessary destruction, Rebuilding like this is not pretty, your are gonna have your insubordinates, we just need to see if Flores displays the leadership possible amidst the chaos.

If Grier takes the approach everything is dependent around the 2020 and 2021 drafts and trades multiple picks to move up in draft, using future year picks to move up in 2020 and/or 2021 and trying to make a big splash overpaying in FA like the Suh deal then I'm all for getting rid of his *** as soon as possible.

Hoping it's the former.

I think we will have to overpay any FA worth their salt just for rolling the dice with an inexperienced HC and a young squad still shell-shocked from the previous year.

I predict more Clowney outcomes in FA than Antonio Brown.

Tanking is fine.
Losing is fine.
But to get blown out by 7 TD's. To have RB's hit the edge with no one touching them until they got 6-7-8 yards down the field…to have a rookie named Hollywood blow by your coverage….all on your home field is just damning.

40 - 10 ok
42 - 20 ok
35 - 3 ok...
...but 59 - 10?! At home?

Why even play the game?

How do you expect a fan to come back for the second home game? To see what?

[IMG alt="AdamD13"]https://finheaven.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/data/avatars/m/35/35416.jpg?1567194209[/IMG]

AdamD13
Finheaven VIP

JoinedAug 24, 2009Messages4,009Reaction score2,042
Monday at 4:40 PM
Namor said:
Going to get worse before it gets better..hold on!!
How can it get worse?

They are going up against the oldest QB in the league and Gronk retired.

Where are the offensive weapons that can make plays and put points on the board?

;)

Like Quote Reply

See...going to get worse before it gets better...15 plus more weeks of this..

How can it get worse?

They are going up against the oldest QB in the league and Gronk retired.

Where are the offensive weapons that can make plays and put points on the board?

;)

LOL

I agree with the OP that Sunday was necessary. Most new coaches have a hard time at the beginning of the season until their system is in place and the players feel more comfortable. I hated the outcome last week, and this week will probably be worse. It is what it is until the team starts to see the results. The results may be small at first, then these small results become bigger and bigger every week. Until the time that the players see results, they will be frustrated. Hold on for a little while and see where we are after the bye.

59 - 10 was very embarrassing, and to top it off, my son is a Ravens fan, he even had pity on me by not talking smack. I want to see how the team responds after this brutal first 4 games, if they look bad after the bye week, then I will start to have concerns. Until then, I am going to go with the flow and see if the coaching staff can coach these young kids up.

Everything we accomplish this season will be measured from our progress after this game. How our defense allowed less yardage, less points, less chunk plays, less first downs, etc. How our defense created more turnovers, more pressures, more sacks, and improved the opposing teams points per possession and yards per attempt (passing). We now have a baseline that allows HUGE room for improvement. So let's get past this game, and start to look at our improvements … and we're going to lose a lot more games as we "improve." So we'll just have to face that fact.

Back
Top Bottom