Yet another mock draft

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,346
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
This is my first mock so be easy on me :wink:

I did one trade and it was Surtain for the Cheifs 2nd rounder.

1st round-QB Alex Smith Utah

2nd round-S Ernest Shazor Michigan

3rd round-C Ben Wilkerson LSU

4th round-RB Darren Sproles Kansas State

5th round-DE/DT Jay Ratliff Auburn

7th round-LB Derek Curry Notre Dame


Tell me what you guys think of it.
 

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
PhinDude88 said:
This is my first mock so be easy on me :wink:

I did one trade and it was Surtain for the Cheifs 2nd rounder.

1st round-QB Alex Smith Utah

2nd round-S Ernest Shazor Michigan

3rd round-C Ben Wilkerson LSU

4th round-RB Darren Sproles Kansas State

5th round-DE/DT Jay Ratliff Auburn

7th round-LB Derek Curry Notre Dame


Tell me what you guys think of it.
I like the fact that you had the cajones to actually select someone other than Ronnie Brown for your first mock...

Shazor is being moved to WLB as he can't cover much it seems.

Some like Ben Wilkerson, I'm ok with picking him there but the pick would be better spent on a RB that could be an every down back like Morency. Yes he might be there. Actually he most likely WILL be there. You could put a DT then which you seem to have completely missed. I'm talking about a run-stuffing DT not a tweener DE. The other two are fine.
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,346
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
The pic that i just saw of Shazor while looking to see which S to pick, he looked very small in it.
 

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
He's around 226 pounds. That makes it possible for him to move to WLB. 6-2 guys can do that.
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,346
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
It seems like all the top S are going to move to LB. I know that Thomas Davis will likely move because how big he is.
 

GatorsFins23

Don't act like you're not impressed....
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Messages
1,187
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Location
Gainesville/Melbourne, FL
I like it...but IMO we need to try and get a ballhawk type FS with the 2nd rounder...maybe Bullocks (sp?) from Nebraska. Im not so sure about Sproles either, maybe a guy like Morency or Barber III with the 3rd rounder (with the depth at RB, one of the 2 will fall to the early 3rd IMO) instead of Wilkerson, and a DT in the 4th instead of Sproles.
 

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
PhinDude88 said:
It seems like all the top S are going to move to LB. I know that Thomas Davis will likely move because how big he is.
He's probably moving to SS in the NFL. He's not quite as big of a hitter as Shazor and he can cover better.
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,346
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
A&MPhin84 said:
I like it...but IMO we need to try and get a ballhawk type FS with the 2nd rounder...maybe Bullocks (sp?) from Nebraska. Im not so sure about Sproles either, maybe a guy like Morency or Barber III with the 3rd rounder (with the depth at RB, one of the 2 will fall to the early 3rd IMO) instead of Wilkerson, and a DT in the 4th instead of Sproles.

I was thinking about putting Morency there with the 4th round pick but i thought that he would be taken in the 3rd somewhere. I think that Sproles is a better RB then Barber III.
 

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
PhinDude88 said:
I was thinking about putting Morency there with the 4th round pick but i thought that he would be taken in the 3rd somewhere. I think that Sproles is a better RB then Barber III.
I'd say that's a very questionable belief. Barber is actually a very good runner. I like Sproles and his work ethic, but it's a BIG question what he can do when he gets to the NFL. I mean he is SHORT
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,346
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
Jaj said:
I'd say that's a very questionable belief. Barber is actually a very good runner. I like Sproles and his work ethic, but it's a BIG question what he can do when he gets to the NFL. I mean he is SHORT

Lets not underestimate a RB height now, remember there was great RB's(Sanders was very small and he still tore up the place) that was short.
 

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
PhinDude88 said:
Lets not underestimate a RB height now, remember there was great RB's(Sanders was very small and he still tore up the place) that was short.
Barry was a bit bigger to say the least. 5-9, 205?
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,346
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
Jaj said:
Barry was a bit bigger to say the least. 5-9, 205?

I didnt realize that Sproles was smaller then i thought he was. He might not be an every down back, but with Lienhan offense he will likely do what Moore did with the Vikes last year.
 

Dudeman

Coolness
Joined
Oct 13, 2004
Messages
3,815
Reaction score
1
Age
37
Location
Lake Mary....I think
Sproles is what, about an inch shorter than Warrick Dunn, but weighs about the same....who wouldn't want another Warrick on their team?
 

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
He's about two inches shorter than Warrick. Ya their weights aren't much different. Sproles might actually be heavier.
 
Top Bottom