Yet another Patriot gone!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yet another Patriot gone!!!!

BlueFin said:
Everything you say is true with one caveat, There is one player on their roster they will not let go.

They will let the Ty Laws go, the Troy Browns, the Lawyer Milloys, what they will not let go of is the most important position on the field......The quarterback.....Tom Brady.

Dolphin fans should realize this as Saban will tend to operate much in the same manner, they will lose some of their favorites as time goes by.

Saban emphasized the importance of the QB position in his first press conference and there will not be a higher priority on his list until he finds his Tom Brady, whether that turns out to be Feeley, one of the QB's in this draft or elsewhere.

Everyone is replaceable. Just ask Drew Bledsoe.

OhioPhin said:
I couldn't find this posted, but Pats WR Patten signed with the Redskins!!!! :roflmao: Its going to be fun watching them fall apart this year!!!

WHEN they fall apart, I'll believe it...

outlawd2u said:
I think it's just wishfull thinking by most of us to say that the Pats are going to falter now. They haven't lost anyone of any great importance, and losing their two coordinators would KILL a team without a great head coach, but that's obviously not the case in New England. You think BB, Tom Brady, and all of these other guys that have been running the same system for so long are going to all of a sudden forget what they're supposed to be doing??? And the losses personell wise that they've taken are minor at the most, and they still have yet to play their hand in free agency, and the draft(which they always seem to do pretty darn well at). If they fix that secondary a little they won't miss a beat IMO. But with all this being said, I hope when the season starts they are lost in the sauce, and get off to a terrible start......(I just don't think it will happen, but hey......It'd be great wouldn't it?

Actually i think they will falter... i think its the beginning of the end for them. Both COs gone?... a host of FA defections and cuts....with Bruschi's health in question... i thin NE will hae their work cut out for them. They wont be bottom feeders.... but I dont think they make the playoffs.

Who is gonna win the AFC East? We are a season or two away.... the Bills are gonna rely on Losman, the Jets maybe, if Pennington stays healthy (yeah, right!). The Pats will make the playoffs by winning the East but I doubt they'll get past the 1st round.

yankeehillbilly said:
Who is gonna win the AFC East? We are a season or two away.... the Bills are gonna rely on Losman, the Jets maybe, if Pennington stays healthy (yeah, right!). The Pats will make the playoffs by winning the East but I doubt they'll get past the 1st round.

Pretty good assessment, IMO.

LarryFinFan said:
WHEN they fall apart, I'll believe it...

Exactly.

It's time fans START appreciating the REAL story in NE. What they have done admist the FA and Salary Cap Eras is NOTHING SHORT OF BRILLIANCE.

Hate them as you may, THEY are 3 time Champs. Once might be a fluke. Twice might be lucky. Three times is by design.

The Patriots have a PHILOSOPHY. This is not a statement on the Locker Room Wall. It's not a statue named "Touchdown Jesus". It's not a motto on the Corporate logo. This is something more.

It happened years ago. It started with the owner. It was mandated to the Front Office. Required of the Coaches and desired by ALL who joined the team.

When they step onto the field, they step as one. When they win, they win as a team. When they lose, they lose as a team. And, when they're spoken of, they are addressed as a team.

This is not about one player, one coach or one season. This IS the New England Patriots brand of football.

I'm sorry, but you can't JUST copy that. You build it.

It's changed how I look at the NFL.

I used to be like most guys growing up, I watched a team because of a player. My player was Dan Marino. Then, Dan left. I had no player. FA and the Salary Cap were really changing the landscape. But, I stayed a DolPhan.

Enduring the loss of Marino was hard. Having no Elite icon to associate my team loyalty. Then, Ricky came to town. For a brief 2 years, I was reunited with the feeling I once had with "Marino".

Last year, humbled me as a fan. I think most of us could say that. As I relunctantly watched Sports Center on WEDNESDAYS - SATURDAYS (never watch on Monday or Tuesday, they're still talking about the Phinz loss!), I started to pay attention to how LITTLE attention NE was getting. How "underexposed" they were in the media's eye. Then, once it was obvious the Pats would again be SB contenders, they started talking more and more about them.

That's when it hit me. All the years of hearing "No 'I' in TEAM" just scratched the surface, I finally realized why they win. It's not a motto for them, it's a way of (football) life. They are ALWAYS doing the same things. It's US who fails to notice it (like the media).

And that's why they won't "stink" this year or next year or the next year. Oh sure, they may have a bad year from time to time. But, they have a philosophy in place. And, it works.

Once you truly realize what is important, you'll stop worrying about one player... and start worrying about one team. Because, as always....

PHINZ RULE!

(I need a tissue)

NathanHunt said:
Everyone is replaceable. Just ask Drew Bledsoe.

What has Drew Bledsoe got to do with Tom Brady?

One is a champion while the other was a disapointment.

You won't see the Patriots balk at paying Brady the way they do other positions.

You can't replace a championship QB with inexpensive alternatives the way you can other positions.

BlueFin said:
What has Drew Bledsoe got to do with Tom Brady?

The answer is in the question.

From that, please refer to the old saying "History REPEATS itself".

Okay, New England was signing defensive backs off the street and they were getting the job done. I won't see a reason to believe New England won't win the Super Bowl again until they lose in the play-offs.

OhioPhin said:
I couldn't find this posted, but Pats WR Patten signed with the Redskins!!!! :roflmao: Its going to be fun watching them fall apart this year!!!

Yea but imagine if Bellichek somehow manages to still keep it together 1 more time even without all the players and coordinators they've lost.

BringBackShula said:
Yea but imagine if Bellichek somehow manages to still keep it together 1 more time even without all the players and coordinators they've lost.

That would be amazing if he does that. I would have even more respect for him than I do now. Lets just hope our boy Saban is as good or better!!!!

NathanHunt said:
The answer is in the question.

From that, please refer to the old saying "History REPEATS itself".

Dude, in the midst of a dynasty the Patsies have let several big name players go, but you will not see them let Tom Brady go, if you don't understand that you haven't been paying attention.

OhioPhin said:

Watch them win another Super Bowl. That would be our luck.

BlueFin said:
Dude, in the midst of a dynasty the Patsies have let several big name players go, but you will not see them let Tom Brady go, if you don't understand that you haven't been paying attention.

And if you weren't paying attention, Drew Bledsoe replaced Tom Brady (due to injury) during the AFC Championship game a few years ago, ADMIST the DYNASTY, and won the game. One game doesn't make the man. But, the system does.

Remember... 6th round QB. And there's a 6th round in EVERY draft.

Tom Brady DOES NOT MAKE THE SYSTEM. The SYSTEM MAKES Tom Brady.

Apparently, YOU have not been paying attention.

Back
Top Bottom