You are the GM: Decide Mike Pouncey's fate | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You are the GM: Decide Mike Pouncey's fate

What should we do with Pouncey?

• Let him play for 2015 under $7.5M tag

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Sign him to long term deal <$5M per year

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • Sign him to long term deal >$5M per year

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Release him and find another option

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maurkice Pouncey signed a 5 year, $44 million deal. Mike Pouncey is going to want at least that much. Theres no way hes going to accept a $5 million or so annual deal.

Despite the fact that Goodell had the worst week of his life and conceded smoking pot isn't the most heinous crime ever, i vote we let Pouncey walk. Its always something with him. Whenever an incident occurs with this team it inevitably comes out that Pouncey was involved up to his neck. Im done. Centers just aren't worth the trouble. To say nothing of the fact that the offensive line requires a level of chemistry and trust, which is undermined by headcase opportunists...as we know to well.
Hes already under contract for next season and we are going to have some major, major problems moving forward, so i could be talked into holding my breath and hoping nothing blows up with him in 2015 before allowing him to leave via free agency. Granted, it sucks not getting any compensation for him, but i would ultimately consider it an addition by subtraction type of situation.

Probably the route we take. Take the option and let him play it out.

Issue becomes if he holds out, or how does the $7.5 guarantee play into if we should just sign him to a cap friendly deal and spread out that guaranteed making him easier to cut.

Similar to what we did with Fat Paul (except we didn't cut him)

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Let me know when we get a master mind guru in Billicheat that can turn Wal Mart bag boys into pro bowl players for cheap only to cut them once they want the big money and go fetch another bag boy to replace.

Cap friendly or not he will get paid eventually.
Many cited great contracts by Wallace and Ellerbee as cap friendly because of the first year salary but in no time they are getting paid outrageous money for their skill level to position

Maurkice Pouncey signed a 5 year, $44 million deal. Mike Pouncey is going to want at least that much. Theres no way hes going to accept a $5 million or so annual deal.

Despite the fact that Goodell had the worst week of his life and conceded smoking pot isn't the most heinous crime ever, i vote we let Pouncey walk. Its always something with him. Whenever an incident occurs with this team it inevitably comes out that Pouncey was involved up to his neck. Im done. Centers just aren't worth the trouble. To say nothing of the fact that the offensive line requires a level of chemistry and trust, which is undermined by headcase opportunists...as we know to well.
Hes already under contract for next season and we are going to have some major, major problems moving forward, so i could be talked into holding my breath and hoping nothing blows up with him in 2015 before allowing him to leave via free agency. Granted, it sucks not getting any compensation for him, but i would ultimately consider it an addition by subtraction type of situation.

if we sign him to a contract like that after this season, that would be quite stupid.
His brother has proven himself more than himand thats more money per year than the 7.5 million option
choice use option and then see is much better option

I voted to release him. I think he's a horrible teammate and a terrible locker room presence. Oddly enough, we have always played better as one cohesive unit on the o-line without him. That's not a coincidence.

* I can't believe the majority vote as of now is to pay him $7.5M. :bobdole: That's Ireland logic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted to release him. I think he's a horrible teammate and a terrible locker room presence. Oddly enough, we have always played better as one cohesive unit on the o-line without him. That's not a coincidence.

* I can't believe the majority vote as of now is to pay him $7.5M. :bobdole: That's Ireland stupid.

Or we can just go into the offseason needing 3 OL?

At worst you play the option.

Pouncey walks we are in search of 2 G's and a C, maybe a OT if Albert doesn't make it back in time.

Satelle is gone
Colledge is gone
Thomas is gone
Fox is gone

Garner likely retires with his head issues.
Smith is nothing more than a back up.

Turner can't even hit the field.

Or we can just go into the offseason needing 3 OL?

At worst you play the option.

Pouncey walks we are in search of 2 G's and a C, maybe a OT if Albert doesn't make it back in time.

I hear ya. I understand the hole it creates but on the other hand I'll stand by my sentiment that we're better and have an improved camaraderie without him.

I'll also have no problem retracting the "stupid" comment as it wasn't necessary.

Move on without him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sign him for long-term no matter what, at the price he wants. He may be having a down-year but he's been playing out of position, and our OLine is NOT in any shape or form to start blowing it up.
Keep good players together and pay what you have to.

He wasn't worth that much this year. That is for damn sure.

Overpaying players who havent produced of late never seems to work out well.

Chances are he plays out 2015 but you wont be able to sign him under 5 and if you let him go you take a major step back on the OL when you should only be finding ways to go forward. He is a top center in the league and will get paid like one and Miami would be making a huge mistake if they let him go.

I say we move on from him and keep satele and draft another guard and center in the later rounds. We might need a tackle because Brandon Albert has a difficult time staying healthy!

Pouncey is one of the most overrated players on this team!

Back
Top Bottom