You are the GM: Decide Mike Pouncey's fate | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You are the GM: Decide Mike Pouncey's fate

What should we do with Pouncey?

• Let him play for 2015 under $7.5M tag

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Sign him to long term deal <$5M per year

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • Sign him to long term deal >$5M per year

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Release him and find another option

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If our line wasn't ashambles it would be very tempting just to let him walk. I'm not a believer in pouncey. He's been awful this year and is trending down. Whether it's injury, diminished play, or because he's an absolute numbskull but he's not going to have a long, successful career in this league. We're better getting out without a longterm commitment. Also a deal under 5? Not happening. He's going to want to get paid while he's still overrated.

Sign the man.

We've let too much talent walk out the door over the years.

He's playing out of position to help the team. Put him back at center and build around him.

I seriously want to start keeping the good players we have.

I trade him and let some other sucka pay him 5yr 44milllion +, rather have a high draft pick.

Pouncey supplied Martin and Incognito with drugs (implied by the phone messages), and was a major part of Bullygate (which was IMO overblown). But, the "Free Hernandez" hat convinced me that he is one stupid thug, and I would have traded him immediately.

i'd pay him the $7.5 for 2015 and see how he fares next season...too much turnover on the oline i'm not interested in...and i think scheme fit wise he's spot on...buy me a season to consider my future options/alternatives

I can't see us parting with a good center (or any good lineman) at this point. Unless they have a plan to replace him, take the one year option.

I've watched Pouncey on film in all his games this year, and he is getting beat one on one often, nothing to do with the position. He has not been the same player. I have to at least consider other options. FA looks to have a few and we could keep Satele and spend the money on an OG like Franklin. The $7.5M cap hit is too much to absorb next year for what I'm seeing, and there are many other changes coming. JMO

I've watched Pouncey on film in all his games this year, and he is getting beat one on one often, nothing to do with the position. He has not been the same player. I have to at least consider other options. FA looks to have a few and we could keep Satele and spend the money on an OG like Franklin. The $7.5M cap hit is too much to absorb next year for what I'm seeing, and there are many other changes coming. JMO

Im not in favor of any option that involves keeping Satale and dumping Pouncey.
He has played well before we are wasting money on much lesser players like ellerbee so its worth the risk for one year

He wasn't worth that much this year. That is for damn sure.

Which is exactly why if you're going to keep him -- resign him this year. Don't wait until he rebounds next year and then expect to get a discount. If you're going to get a discount you've got to earn it by making a long term eval and being right after this year.

That being said I've always been in favor of letting him walk. This is a bad dude. A bad human. You invest in rabid assholes and it will inevitably come back to haunt you.

what is his trade value? Can I get 2 picks for him from somebody?

Per everyones 'dream' off season we need to go ahead and replace

2 DT's - Starks / Odrick
2 LB's - Ellerbe / Wheeler
1 CB - Finnegan
6 OL - Satelle / Colledge / Fox / Thomas / Garner / Pouncey
2 WR - Gibson / Hartline

13 players total not counting other bottom feeder players. (I assume we bring back Delmas?)

9-10 of which are 'Starter' caliber.

You are asking this team to hit money on every draft pick and then throw decent coin at FA's.

First off, I thought this was already exercised and extended.

Honestly, Miami is crazy if they don't sign him to the 7.5 million in March, i don't even think that is a question. Great flexibility and you can see where Mike is at with an offseason and 100% health. I've always thought he would be a killer move guard in the NFL and he flashed some of that at times but he just never seemed to be fully recovered from the injury and it seems as if we rushed him back as well.

You can't afford losing a guy like Pouncey right now, you need some kind of quality inside and this option gives you that chance to see where you stand. Not sure if he plays Center or Guard, I'm sure Pouncey rather play guard because there is more money to be had at that spot.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

2 DT's - Starks / Odrick
1 CB - Finnegan
2 WR - Gibson / Hartline

13 players total not counting other bottom feeder players. (I assume we bring back Delmas?)

You are asking this team to hit money on every draft pick and then throw decent coin at FA's.

Realism can be a slap in the face. Fans want Hickey to make these kind of moves and then get upset at him when he can't convert all those departures into prime time players.

Mike Pouncey is a Pro Bowl, legitimate top 5 Center in the NFL. You keep him for as long as possible. I don't buy the red flag BS, he's made a couple of mistakes, so what - show me somebody that hasn't and I'll show you a liar. You stick Pouncey at C, Albert at LT and James at RT and you build around them.

Geez, anybody endorsing losing somebody of the calibre of Pouncey isn't right for me. Elite NFL teams would line up for Pouncey, with or without the 'red flag' BS.

2 DT's - Starks / Odrick
1 CB - Finnegan
2 WR - Gibson / Hartline

I would add in FA's Caly and Delmas, Matthews, and perhaps trades on Wake and Wallace. Who knows? Hell, we don't even know who will making the decisions. I can't see that much of a turnover but, IF a new coach and GM want to Blow Up the team, they can.

Back
Top Bottom