• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fins1971

C'mon Dolphins
Club Member
Reaction score
In March Pouncey's 2015 contract becomes fully guaranteed for $7.5M

Is he worth that much?
Can we afford to have 2 offensive linemen that make over $7M each?
Should we try to sign him long term to a team friendly contract before then?
Should we sign him to a long term high end contract before then?
Should we move on?

Your chance to decide his fate.

In March Pouncey's 2015 contract becomes fully guaranteed for $7.5M

Is he worth that much?
Can we afford to have 2 offensive linemen that make over $7M each?
Should we try to sign him long term to a team friendly contract before then?
Should we sign him to a long term high end contract before then?
Should we move on?

Your chance to decide his fate.

I still guarantee his contract. He was banged up this year and has major red flags on character but its only one season.
I say dont sign him long term yet, let him prove his worth unless he wants to take a very team friendly deal. Under no circumstance do I make him one of the highest paid centers in the NFL

I would try to sign him around $5mm and move him back to center. Clearly G isn't his position, but he's shown to be a good center, one of the better in the league.

he plays 2015 then we talk. Hasn't looked good enough at guard to break the bank yet, and he's got to show me he can be a leader

he plays 2015 then we talk. Hasn't looked good enough at guard to break the bank yet, and he's got to show me he can be a leader

Although I think he will be a good guard longterm i feel he will go back to center.
I dount we retain Satale

I would try to sign him around $5mm and move him back to center. Clearly G isn't his position, but he's shown to be a good center, one of the better in the league.

He's going to want something closer to, or more than, $8 million per season.

His last two years are worrisome. He seems to be trending down like Jake Long was but it's hard to tell how much of that is playing Guard and his hip and how much of it is him. I know last year he didn't play well but next to the absolute crap we had a the tackle spots there wasn't much attention paid to the interior of the line which was also pretty bad with Incognito, Pouncey and Jerry. I'm leaning towards letting him play under the $7.5 million.

Not knowing the complete medical information leaves us in the dark. If his play was based on him not being fully recovered then I would probably resign him if the medical staff could assure me that he would probably return to his old self next year. Otherwise I would let him walk and look for other options. I don't think he is great for the locker room and has a high probability of getting into trouble. He seems to have a lot of bad influences in his life, and I would have to take that into consideration as well.

I wonder if he has to play on the tag if he will be a distraction. Sometimes these contract things can bleed over into play. But it would behoove him financially to play well so maybe not.

Pouncey is a tough player to gauge - is his poor play because of his injury? I dont buy that it has anything to do with a position change. I'd be very reluctant to sign him to a long term contract if I am a GM. I think $7M for next year is probably too high for him, but its worth the gamble that he returns to form and it allows us 1 year to evaluate him.

I have zero doubt Pouncey will want the same deal his brother got.

He will say he is a Pro-Bowl Center and he had a down year trying to 'help' the team out by kicking over to Guard. But should be paid as the 'elite' Center that he is.....

5 Year / $44 / $13 Guaranteed

I have zero doubt Pouncey will want the same deal his brother got.

He will say he is a Pro-Bowl Center and he had a down year trying to 'help' the team out by kicking over to Guard. But should be paid as the 'elite' Center that he is.

Well at this point he can say whatever he likes. I take the option and let him prove it

I let him play for the 7.5 million and then let him walk at the end of 2015 or trade him in Sept before the 2015 season if we find his replacement in the draft....he's a knucklehead and always will be a knucklehead and you can bet once he signs a huge contract with some guarantees you will see his name in the papers again....he's not worth it, how many good OL do you see in the news doing stupid stuff? Just him and his bro....

I let him play for the 7.5 million and then let him walk at the end of 2015 or trade him in Sept before the 2015 season if we find his replacement in the draft....he's a knucklehead and always will be a knucklehead and you can bet once he signs a huge contract with some guarantees you will see his name in the papers again....he's not worth it, how many good OL do you see in the news doing stupid stuff? Just him and his bro....

Yet his bro got paid.

Most of the AFC playoff teams this year only have 1 offensive linemen that makes over $5M per year. Denver has 2, Patriots have none.

Well at this point he can say whatever he likes. I take the option and let him prove it

Probably the route we take. Take the option and let him play it out.

Issue becomes if he holds out, or how does the $7.5 guarantee play into if we should just sign him to a cap friendly deal and spread out that guaranteed making him easier to cut.

Similar to what we did with Fat Paul (except we didn't cut him)

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Most of the AFC playoff teams this year only have 1 offensive linemen that makes over $5M per year. Denver has 2, Patriots have none.

Let me know when we get a master mind guru in Billicheat that can turn Wal Mart bag boys into pro bowl players for cheap only to cut them once they want the big money and go fetch another bag boy to replace.

We have a terrible history of letting talent walk out of this building because we try and get cute with numbers. Just pay the guy and you have a solid Center for the next 6 years.

Back
Top Bottom