You can't hate taking chances....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You can't hate taking chances.......

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
........you can't hate taking chances and when I say "chances" I of course am refferin' to David Boston.

If the compensation isn't ridiculous. which at this point has been somewhere in the ballpark between a 3rd rounder and a 7th rounder, then it's worth it to make this trade and take a chance. If Boston doesn't pan out here, then he's out, over and done with, and you move on.

That's what I hate about some sportswriting and fan talk. Unless the guy completely makes fools of the organization, he'll be a forgotten man once he's out.

Of course, I'm all for him being successful. And for the obvious reasons. Lost in some of the things being mentioned about him is that he's 25. That's still d*mn young and some of the things you read about him like the purple colored eye contacts and the carrying pictures around of his body could be an age thing mixed in with the fact that he's an NFL star and has a newfound confidence in himself because of his dedication to his body.

He could easily outgrow all that if he's around the right atmosphere, obviously a winning atmosphere tends to do the trick. But like I said, if he comes in here and doesn't really do all that much for us, so what? We took a chance, how can you not?? The guy is as gifted as nearly all the top recievers out there. Hell I might even take a chance on paying one of you guys $100 to find me the winning combination of numbers for the lottery.

NOTE: The author will only pay a prospective winning number picker if he isn't alive. If you are alive, a Bills fan, a Jet Fan, a Patriot fan, then you aren't eligible for the sweepstakes.

Originally posted by enigmatics
........you can't hate taking chances and when I say "chances" I of course am refferin' to David Boston.

If the compensation isn't ridiculous. lol

If the compensation isn't ridiculous IS the million dollar question. Also, you have to take into account his affect on morale. Does a guy that demands a set of rules for himself hurt the team concept and chemistry? For those who think this is unimportant I submit the New England Patriots.

Re: Re: You can't hate taking chances.......

Originally posted by baalworship

If the compensation isn't ridiculous IS the million dollar question. Also, you have to take into account his affect on morale. Does a guy that demands a set of rules for himself hurt the team concept and chemistry? For those who think this is unimportant I submit the New England Patriots.

Well if you're referring to Ty Law, you can't honestly say that anything he's said or done so far has somehow messed up his team.

As for Boston's affect on Morale, everything I've read about Boston seems to be that his main crutch is his weight training and not partaking in a teams weight training sessions. Other than that, he's enigmatic, slightly effeminine with his girlish eye contacts and body lotion. But I've never read an article where some player was on record going "I hate that sh*thead, he was a cancer to our team."

Back
Top Bottom