You Cliff-jumpers Need To Relax.., | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Cliff-jumpers Need To Relax..,

Pre-season 2016 Miami's schedule was deemed the 11th hardest, 2018 it's 15th.

The supposed soft schedule after the fact doesn't take into account the pressure created by starting 1-4 where every game is a cup final and that at the time of playing some of these teams had a winning record.

Can only take it one game at a time.

If theres one thing the NFL has shown over the last several years, it's this:

you really dont know how good or bad most teams are going to be be or how easy or hard your schedule will be.

Gase appears to have the team confident in what they have, and I believe that is more important than what we see in a few quarters of preseason football.

You need to take a look at our schedule. All of our easy games are in September and October. We start with the Titans, @jets, Raiders, @Pats, @Bengals and Bears.

After that we have the Lions, @Texans, and Jets. Then it goes straight into overdrive with the @Packers, @Colts, Bills, Pats, @Vikings, Jags and @Bills. We play the two toughest divisions in each conference, have to play in our sneaky solid division and still round thag out with the Bengals and Raiders. We need to start FAST. Honestly I don’t see us doing better than 9-7 if we don’t start 4-2.

This isn’t 2016. 2016 was magical but that schedule was not this tough.

I’ve looked at our schedule.

Who was the better team last year when we played NE at the end of the season?

New England

Who won?

Us

Remember when we played Pittsburgh in 16? They were a top AFC team and we were 1-4. Who won? We did

It ain’t that black and white. You have no idea what any team will look like this far in advance

The Pats don't start 1-3. Miami traditionally sucks ass in the first quater of the year.

You need to start above .500

Every season is tough. Every team’s health is unpredictable. Every game’s weather is a gamble. If every one of us was so certain of the Dolphins’ record this upcoming season—be it 1-15 or 11-5– we’d all be having these discussions on our private yachts after we all won the lottery.

We are going 4 - 12 this year. You do not go 11-5 after losing all the players we just did over the offseason because of "culture change". We have no LB's, no Interior DL and our CB outside of Howard are terrible, Mika will be good but he is still a rookie and our DC is suspect at best. Why do I focus on our defense? Bc no matter how confident you are in our offense, our offense does not have any fire power outside of Drake. Para de comer tanta mierda.

I just ask that people revert their minds to prime tannehill in 2016. What did THOSE pkaycalls look like? What did THAT qb look like? For goodness sake we had Bacarri rambo and spencer paysinger startinh for us and people think this defense has taken a step backwards.. give me a break

Losing tannehill sucked. Last year w/ cutler sucked. Watching pre season when you haven’t has a competitive game w/ your starting qb in a year and a half sucks

This team is so much more talented than the roster we had in a playoff game in 2016

Bacarri Rambo, spencer paysinger, earl Mitchell, Byron maxwell, rookie Howard, dion Sims, MATT MOORE STARTING A PLAYOFF GAME

Be patient people.. the same decision makers are in place and the talent has elevated.. the arrow is pointed in the right direction

I get what you're saying, and you're not wrong. I honestly agree with you on most of it. But from what I can see of our 2018 offense, it is going to look more like Gase's Broncos offense.

Ryan Tannehill was really good in 2016 with a balanced offense that had him throwing deeper downfield. He has shown that he can competently execute a dink and dunk attack in 2014, with Bill Lazor's "three yards and out of bounds" offense. So I agree that there is optimism that he can execute both downfield passing attacks and short passing attacks with effectiveness. And I agree that our defense in 2016 was a depleted mess.

But after the absolute trainwreck season we had in 2017 -- which was a trainwreck for more reasons than just Ryan Tannehill's knee -- then I think everyone has a right to be skeptical.

I get what you're saying, and you're not wrong. I honestly agree with you on most of it. But from what I can see of our 2018 offense, it is going to look more like Gase's Broncos offense.

Ryan Tannehill was really good in 2016 with a balanced offense that had him throwing deeper downfield. He has shown that he can competently execute a dink and dunk attack in 2014, with Bill Lazor's "three yards and out of bounds" offense. So I agree that there is optimism that he can execute both downfield passing attacks and short passing attacks with effectiveness. And I agree that our defense in 2016 was a depleted mess.

But after the absolute trainwreck season we had in 2017 -- which was a trainwreck for more reasons than just Ryan Tannehill's knee -- then I think everyone has a right to be skeptical.

I understand the skepticism. I don’t mean to come off as a worshiper of gase/tannehill

I’m just w/ the thought that the reason the offense sucked last year was bc of cutlers inability to execute it.

I think people’s opinion of gase has shifted heavily due to a year of cutler and two pre season games

Cutler was indeed really bad -- missed so many throws where he made the right read but just air mailed the football -- but again, in fairness, Gase made the decision to bring in Cutler.

People have just brain dumped what happened in 2016 I guess...

much like you have brain dumped the last 25 years of this franchise. the 2018 edition doesnt look or feel any different. if everything goes right they can get a wild card and get destroyed on the road in rd 1. that is their ceiling.

I love it...fans in panic... showing their fanatic colors! Relax, it’s preseason. Only thing it shows is how diluted their talent is.

Last edited:
much like you have brain dumped the last 25 years of this franchise. the 2018 edition doesnt look or feel any different. if everything goes right they can get a wild card and get destroyed on the road in rd 1. that is their ceiling.

To each their own. I think it looks much different than Gus frerotte, Cleo lemon, john beck, cam Cameron, joe Philbin

Not clamoring this team as a super bowl contender, not close. But I see silver lining from the two years we’ve had to assess. If we agree to disagree, whatever

If theres one thing the NFL has shown over the last several years, it's this:

you really dont know how good or bad most teams are going to be be or how easy or hard your schedule will be.

Gase appears to have the team confident in what they have, and I believe that is more important than what we see in a few quarters of preseason football.
I couldn't have said it better

Back
Top Bottom