You Guys Know | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Guys Know

All the optimism on Rosen is what worries me the most. I would rather think he is going to suck and be pleasantly surprised when I am wrong or I will be right.

The guy threw 11 TD's and 14 int's in 14 games last year. That is averaging less than a TD per game and 1 int per game. Those are very bad analytical indicators.

I have no hope for this guy and think Fitzpatrick would play better for us, but I do hope that I am completely wrong.

All the optimism on Rosen is what worries me the most. I would rather think he is going to suck and be pleasantly surprised when I am wrong or I will be right.

The guy threw 11 TD's and 14 int's in 14 games last year. That is averaging less than a TD per game and 1 int per game. Those are very bad analytical indicators.

I have no hope for this guy and think Fitzpatrick would play better for us, but I do hope that I am completely wrong.

Serious question: Why are you concerned that other people are optimistic?

So you have no hope based on last year's TD/Int ratio?

Serious question: Why are you concerned that other people are optimistic?

It concerns me because everyone on this site always wrong about everything and then they do the standard revionist excuse making for thinking ridiculous notions. Like when people liked and still think Tannehill was the answer for us with a better oline when he obviously wasnt since the moment we drafted him.

These rose colored homer glasses do not allow for logical assesement of simple metrics. Furthermore the media is also calling this a slam dunk, yet they are all mostly prognosticating that we will pick first or be a bottom feeder team that will go for a QB again next year. How does that make sense?

What that lets me know is that the media, thinks we got a good deal for a very bad player. So much so that they are predicting us to go from the 13th worst team last year to a bottom 5 bad team this coming year. Why would that make me optimistic?

I think we are illusioned with what the media says but I think the media knows less about the Phins then us fans do... And we fans know jack squat... Me included... But I can do math... And the statistical indicators do not bode well for us.

Hopefully this is one of those areas where numbers dont quite describe the tale of the tape. But those instances arent common.

Did you ever stop and assess the situation
He/team was in last year, or are you a box score guy.

Did you ever stop and assess the situation
He/team was in last year, or are you a box score guy.

Of course I did. The main excuse everyone gives for his play was his bad oline... But we have the worst oline in the league next to them. That doesnt necessarily make me think we have the catalyst to change him from horrible to decent..

Rosen played with Larry Fitzgerald one of the greatest wr's to ever play the game. Watch his higlights and tell me how many great catches Larry made for him. A ton. He wont have that security blanket here. Wait til Rosen meets Jakeem "Hands of Stone" Grant.

We are one Laremy Tunsil injury from being the worst oline in the league. Maybe if we had actually done something to change that fact then maybe I would feel better about his chances. Like I said I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
I like Rosen, I hope he turns into a Rodgers one day. For now, I'm happy to be watching both of them play.

It concerns me because everyone on this site always wrong about everything and then they do the standard revionist excuse making for thinking ridiculous notions. Like when people liked and still think Tannehill was the answer for us with a better oline when he obviously wasnt since the moment we drafted him.

These rose colored homer glasses do not allow for logical assesement of simple metrics. Furthermore the media is also calling this a slam dunk, yet they are all mostly prognosticating that we will pick first or be a bottom feeder team that will go for a QB again next year. How does that make sense?

What that lets me know is that the media, thinks we got a good deal for a very bad player. So much so that they are predicting us to go from the 13th worst team last year to a bottom 5 bad team this coming year. Why would that make me optimistic?

I think we are illusioned with what the media says but I think the media knows less about the Phins then us fans do... And we fans know jack squat... Me included... But I can do math... And the statistical indicators do not bode well for us.

Hopefully this is one of those areas where numbers dont quite describe the tale of the tape. But those instances arent common.

You would be better suited following the NBA.

Back
Top Bottom