You Guys Need To Be Open Minded On The JT Situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Guys Need To Be Open Minded On The JT Situation

DolphinFan87

Rookie
Reaction score
Wow, so many haters on this forum. I'm just as angry/upset as the next guy but I really don't think most of you are seeing both sides.

But if anything, I'm more angry at the front office then JT. He wanted to resign and the FO treated him badly. You have to remember that from February till after the draft, 90% of the stories are going to be false. There was rumors saying there was a contract on the table for him, 2million I believe? Then there are stories that there wasn't. So can't really comment on why he didn't sign that contract.

Why didn't he sign that November contract? It was only $1million. Going into an uncapped year, it seems like the dolphins got greedy. Now view it from JT's side, he needs to make a living. Why wouldn't the dolphins offer him something better, its going into an uncapped year! This is business as usual. He tried everything to resign but the dolphins were just not cooperating with him. The way he played, he deserves more then $1million.

Why didn't he sign with another team because "sources" have said other teams were "interested"? Well, lets say other teams were interested. I bet you the only teams that were "interested" was teams that weren't going to the super bowl OR playoffs. Few teams might have been interested: Rams, Cardinals, Lions, 49ers, Browns. All teams that could use a linebacker, but none are playoff worthy right now. Look at JT's point of view, would you want to sign with those teams at his age? He wants to try and get to a superbowl now. So it was either stay with the dolphins(with a appropriate amount of money) and not go to the superbowl, possibly playoffs, or go to a team that is ready if the dolphins aren't going to resign.

Why didn't he wait till after the draft? The offer stood until the draft started. There was a good chance the jets didn't need him anymore once the draft was done. They needed to adjust their draft if they had him or didn't have him. So once again, views JT's side. You have a contract on the table, better then the dolphins and the dolphins aren't contacting you. They have a playoff ready, possibly superbowl ready team. The contract will only last before the draft. Other teams that are "interested" are not playoff or super bowl worthy. You can't blame JT for picking the jets.

As much as I hate the jets, its a great move for JT. I respect the way he waited so long. He could have signed ASAP, but he waited...and waited...and waited. Now view his side again, he waited and became so patient for the dolphins to do something... at least contact him! Then Tony Sparano cancels meeting with him. How would you feel? You would feel like the whole organization turned your back on you after so many years. He has to think about his family, he can't wait so long that contract offers begin to decline and offer less and less money.

So before you guys hate on JT, be open minded. View both situations. I for one won't be burning my JT jersey.

Way to be open minded...blame the FO......LOL

Doesn't seem like you are taking the FO situation into consideration.

But if anything, I'm more angry at the front office then JT. He wanted to resign and the FO treated him badly. You have to remember that from February till after the draft, 90% of the stories are going to be false. There was rumors saying there was a contract on the table for him, 2million I believe? Then there are stories that there wasn't. So can't really comment on why he didn't sign that contract.

So how do you know the FO treated him badly?

How many millions did he walk away from with the Redskins last year because he didn't want to go to training camp over there?

It was a lot more money than he is going to make this season that is for sure.

He left all that money on the table because he said he wanted to be close to his family.

Now he is going to uproot everything in APRIL, to basically play for the same amount of money so that he can play with the team that he has pretended to hate for his entire NFL career.

He is a tool. Either he was used and abused by his agent & Rex or he wanted to play for the jests because he thought they had a better chance to advance in the play offs.

Either way, he's either a chronic liar or a complete m0r0n.

It has to be someone's fault if it's not what a fan wanted, lol!

Maybe he meant that everyone else has to be open minded....not him. lol

If only BP checked the pro shop...he can see who to keep and who to get rid of. This way, he doesn't hurt anyone's feelings. Anyone who has sold a jersey cannot leave until they retire.

It's neither the front office or JT's fault.

It's business in the NFL; it's the nature of the beast. I guess most Dolfans aren't used to stuff like this happening to our team, but it's the reality.

I was plenty open-minded during the whole DWTS debacle. This is different however. Signing with a team you hate just makes you sound like a hypocrite. If he hates them as much as he has claimed then he could NEVER bring himself to wear those colors.

It was a business decision. If he re-signed with Miami, I would have only wanted to see him play on certain downs this season. I don't think he's an everydown player anymore.

I would have liked to see J. Taylor finish his career in Miami. Trust me...I would rather have him playing for the Fins than the Jets...it just did not work out that way.

Bill offered him a contract in Nov 2009 and Jason didn't take it. That's when the problems began. The contract came off the table after that and nothing was offered to him again.

The Jets came calling and he visited. Jason did what he had to do...the Jets were the only team that wanted him. Miami did not offer him anything and was willing to talk to him after the draft. The Jets wanted an answer before the draft.

You can't blame him for taking the sure thing.

Bill was pissed because he did not take the first offer. I really don't think they wanted JT anymore. They should have just been honest with him. Bill & Co took some heat off of themselves now that JT signed with the Jets. A lot of fans are pissed at JT.

I believe that Bill & Co don't want older players hindering the growth of their younger players and Jason and Joey were doing that in a way. I think that Tony would have used JT as a situational pass rusher and on certain downs. Remember Porter was not the only one that was pissed that younger players got on the field last season. Taylor was also displeased that he got benched at times on 3rd downs...he said it. Why would Taylor be okay with losing more time this year? Especially if they draft a OLB. Bill & Co did not want to deal with veteran players telling the coaches how to run the team and getting upset because they have to share time with younger players!!!

1) It was a business decision.
2) JT was not in Bill & Co's plans anymore.
3) JT is gone...that's it time to get over it.

The only problem I have is that the front office wasn't up front with him. They should have been honest and told him that he was not in their plans anymore. Obviously, the front office wanted to keep their options opened just in case they don't get an OLB in the draft that they want...that option is gone now...he's a Jet.

Way to be open minded...blame the FO......LOL

Doesn't seem like you are taking the FO situation into consideration.
This. Again, the FO didn't treat JT badly at all. They told him they'd make a decision AFTER the draft, he couldn't wait that long, he signed with the Jets. **** em.

This. Again, the FO didn't treat JT badly at all. They told him they'd make a decision AFTER the draft, he couldn't wait that long, he signed with the Jets. **** em.

Yes and then when JT said that's not good enough we're gonna do this on my time table the FO gave him his answer by cancelling their scheduled meeting.

I love it, it's our plan not yours JT and your not apart of the plan before the draft, your plan B. Good luck, last time you left we had a playoff run!

For anyone that says his decison was based on looking out for his family and taking the money youre crazy.... hes already made millions in his career and im pretty sure he will make plenty more when he retires in broadcasting, acting, competitive dancing or whatever the hell he plans on doing he sold out and is going to the team that he hates? ... just bc he wants to be on hard knocks

I think that Zach had it right. Its ok that they dont want JT for what ever reason, but why not just tell him up front. That's the part i dont understand. Also the way the told Zach that he could not use the media room to talk to the media about him leaving. That was BS. To tell him to get his stuff and get out because he is not a dolphin anymore. How crapy is that? And everyone talking about dont feel sorry for JT because he had made all kinds of money. JT played here last year for little to nothing. He daid that if the dolphins would have offered the same thing he would have taked it. What would that have hurt. He would have been great for all the young guys. I may be the only one but i think this was a bad move for the FO. Not so much for letting JT go but just the way they did it. And people wonder why players dont stay humble to team anymore.

Back
Top Bottom