you guys need to chill on the draft matt jones threads | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

you guys need to chill on the draft matt jones threads

Ghetti13 said:
Exactly. He will not get past the Steelers, Eagles or N.E. What does that say?
it means that they are the best 3 teams in the league.. and can afford to take a risk on a guy like Jones.

Even a guy like McPherson is really too big a risk for us.

texasPHINSfan said:
Donte Stallworth had one of the fastest times ever in the NFL combine, and he was taken early because of it. look how he turned out. yeah, a real "playmaker."

If he could stay healthy he's a good WR.

finsnchips said:
it means that they are the best 3 teams in the league.. and can afford to take a risk on a guy like Jones.

Even a guy like McPherson is really too big a risk for us.

I gotta say Mcpherson is a guy i would be willing to take a risk on in round 3 if we dont take a QB at #2.

WvFinFan said:
It would be crazy to take Matt Jones with any of our picks. Especially as early as most of you guys want us to take him. We DO NOT have the luxary of taking a chance on a an unproven guy like him. We need to take guys that have played their respective position in college and have stood out. So PLEASE guys stop these crazy draft Matt Jones at end of the 1st round or early 2nd. Hes not worth it and we just cant take chances like that.

It would not be too crazy to take him if Saban trades down twice and acquires 4 or 5 day one picks...This assumes a lot, like the positions we need the most filled, but it is feasible under those circumstances...Saban does seem willing to work with a guy who has not exactly figured out what his best position is...(see Carey, Smith, Bua, etc)...

i don't want him because of the combine. did you see his senior bowl highlights? he hadn't played WR before (at least not in college cause i think he did in HS) yet he still dominated and even made an amazing one handed catch. we will regret not drafting him the first time he lines up against sam madison or will poole and we have to watch him make the catch effortlessly seeming as if there was no one covering him

i'd rather draft matt jones than adrian mcpherson, so the draft matt jones threads don't bother me much.

Back
Top Bottom