you guys need to chill on the draft matt jones threads | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

you guys need to chill on the draft matt jones threads

WvFinFan

Starter
Reaction score
It would be crazy to take Matt Jones with any of our picks. Especially as early as most of you guys want us to take him. We DO NOT have the luxary of taking a chance on a an unproven guy like him. We need to take guys that have played their respective position in college and have stood out. So PLEASE guys stop these crazy draft Matt Jones at end of the 1st round or early 2nd. Hes not worth it and we just cant take chances like that.

All the players in the draft are unproven.

Why don't we have the luxury to take a shot on a player that has skills that are so rare that if he works on his route running he will be unstoppable? I dont understand that. I would take him at the end of the first round or early second in a heart beat. I watched two of his games a few nights ago and this kid is very special. They don't come around very often. He would be a matchup nightmare. Maybe more so than Randy Moss.

Exactly. He will not get past the Steelers, Eagles or N.E. What does that say?

WvFinFan said:
It would be crazy to take Matt Jones with any of our picks. Especially as early as most of you guys want us to take him. We DO NOT have the luxary of taking a chance on a an unproven guy like him. We need to take guys that have played their respective position in college and have stood out. So PLEASE guys stop these crazy draft Matt Jones at end of the 1st round or early 2nd. Hes not worth it and we just cant take chances like that.

chill bro, these bandwagons start almost every other day.

no the only player i regret letting the patriots get was last year. We could have taken Vince Wilfork and not even traded down to get him. But no, we get stuck with a bum that will ended up getting traded for nothing in a few years in Carey.

who is matt jones? err i mean mike jones? who?

I felt the same way

WvFinFan said:
no the only player i regret letting the patriots get was last year. We could have taken Vince Wilfork and not even traded down to get him. But no, we get stuck with a bum that will ended up getting traded for nothing in a few years in Carey.

I wanted Wilfork badly. We've tried to pretend at DT for years, even inserting DE types on obvious passing downs. Finally a young bull with size and disruptive ability is sitting there and we ole. What's that beer commercial term? Brilliant!

I didn't care Wilfork went to the Pats. I admire the Pats tremendously. Plus as a gambler I want dominant teams because you can always count on them to cover in the right situations and matchups.

Carey is anything but a guaranteed bust. I think he can become an above average starter, if they would just stick him at RG or RT and forget this LT nonsense.

Ghetti13 said:
Exactly. He will not get past the Steelers, Eagles or N.E. What does that say?

they have enough depth at WR to draft somebody who has never played the position? there's more to it than "learning route running," btw, or willie gault would be in the hall of fame.

bigow said:
We need play makers period
matt jones isn't a "playmaker".... at least he hasn't been yet.

all he has is freakish size and speed.

the ability is there, yes, but he hasn't proven anything yet. i hate it when people get hard-on's for someone's combine results and then assume we should draft based on that alone.

Donte Stallworth had one of the fastest times ever in the NFL combine, and he was taken early because of it. look how he turned out. yeah, a real "playmaker."

Back
Top Bottom