You guys picked up a great RB, but your OL is still not that good. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You guys picked up a great RB, but your OL is still not that good.

Jets_Rule

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What makes you Fin fans think your OL this season will open holes something they couldn't do last season?
Ricky is a great back, but he need a good OL infront of him.

We won't have the same O-line from last season, is the biggest reason. You know what's funny? all the attention RW and the Phins are getting from Jets fans. You guys smell the fear?

Jets_Rule.................

Originally posted by Jets_Rule
What makes you Fin fans think your OL this season will open holes something they couldn't do last season?

If you were an informed football fan you would know that 3/4's of our offensive line was injured last year. We lost our projected starting LT to a torn ACL in the preseason. We then lost our backup LT Marcus Spriggs to a torn ACL the 2nd game(if I recall correctly). Our starting LG Mark Dixon, broke his leg in midseason and was lost for the remainder of the season. Our C Tim Ruddy and our RT Todd Wade had some injuries that nagged them the majority of the year. Just getting everyone back HEALTHY will be an improvement from last year!:yell: Before you post something, make sure you have you're facts straight first!:yell:

Good point...

... after all the injuries the Dolphins O-Line suffered last year it has to be a concern. I am concerned with their health not their talent level. This is the core O-Line that helped Lamar Smith have a poisitive year back in 2000. If anything they may very well be improved, not to mention our HB is MUCH improved over Lamar Smith.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Dr. Love
We won't have the same O-line from last season, is the biggest reason. You know what's funny? all the attention RW and the Phins are getting from Jets fans. You guys smell the fear?
Ricky does scare me a little, but as long as Jay is your QB I'm not worried. Plus even you have to admit that our D haves inproved a lot from last season.

What makes you think we can't?

Our line last year was decimated with injuries. This year, hopefully, we will be healthy and should have a line good enough to win. I look forward to our right side (Tode Wade and Leon Searcy) plowing over your guys while Ricky runs for another first down! I like your D-line and think they need to be respected, but our guys are bigger and will wear your line down in time. This is the year I look forward to the Phins being able to beat the Jets.

:D :cool: :D

Re: Jets_Rule.................

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

If you were an informed football fan you would know that 3/4's of our offensive line was injured last year. We lost our projected starting LT to a torn ACL in the preseason. We then lost our backup LT Marcus Spriggs to a torn ACL the 2nd game(if I recall correctly). Our starting LG Mark Dixon, broke his leg in midseason and was lost for the remainder of the season. Our C Tim Ruddy and our RT Todd Wade had some injuries that nagged them the majority of the year. Just getting everyone back HEALTHY will be an improvement from last year!:yell: Before you post something, make sure you have you're facts straight first!:yell:
Then IF you knew what your talking about then you would know it takes at LEAST 2 years to get to 100% from a torn ACL.

Be careful Jets-rule. It seems Mawae had surgery on his shoulder.
I don't wish injuries on anybody as I prefer to win straight-up, but If the jets O-line suffers the injury bug like we did last year, you could be looking at season full of frustration because you can't run the ball or protect the QB. Keep in mind that we went 11-5 with a so called sorry o-line. Jay Feidler contributed to that significantly and if the situation was reversed, I'm not as confident your QB could manage the same.

:D :cool :D

Ricky does scare me a little, but as long as Jay is your QB I'm not worried. Plus even you have to admit that our D haves inproved a lot from last season.

You will see a more experienced and improved "Jay" this year. We`ve put together a balanced Offense and retained our core Defensive players. Our SS will remain one of the top units in the league.

Be afraid son......Be very, very afraid.

The Fins may beat us once this year, because you guys are do to beat us.
Even if you guys do beat us once this season he still will only be one win out of the last ten. So to make it reapectable you guys would have to win at least the next 3 or 4.

If Kareem McKenzie has to play for you guys this year at LT you should be worrying about your own Oline. Taylor will just embarass that guy. Mawae is the best C in football. Fabini is a good T. I believe the rest of your line can be exploited and depth should be a concern.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
If Kareem McKenzie has to play for you guys this year at LT you should be worrying about your own Oline. Taylor will just embarass that guy. Mawae is the best C in football. Fabini is a good T. I believe the rest of your line can be exploited and depth should be a concern.
why should we worry about Kareem? I havn't heard ONE bad thing about this guy since he came out of college.

Re: Re: Jets_Rule.................

Then IF you knew what your talking about then you would know it takes at LEAST 2 years to get to 100% from a torn ACL.

Jets_Rule- Every player isn't the same. Every player's body has different tendancies. One player may be able to come back 100% from a torn ACL faster than another player. Every player's body makeup is different!

This coming from a team with Vinny and Chad as their QB's. Of course you shouldn't be worried about Jay.....you have to worry about Vinny and Chad :lol:

Re: Re: Re: Jets_Rule.................

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

Jets_Rule- Every player isn't the same. Every player's body has different tendancies. One player may be able to come back 100% from a torn ACL faster than another player. Every player's body makeup is different!
That why I said at "LEAST" 2 years. NOBODY comes back 100 % from a torn ACL in 1 year. If you don't believe me then name me one NFL player who did?

Back
Top Bottom